• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZENITH 2014 - Aug 2-3 - Brooklyn, NY

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
The TO makes the rules stud. So it can change from tourney to tourney.

Ideally the TO would listen to the majority opinion of the community but that's now always how it works.

In this case Nintendude made the rules and stated nothing about alting being illegal or even frowned upon.
Im making it clear that if you are alting and didnt tell me you are going to ruin this tournament for a lot of people

Last edited:

Studstill

Smash Ace
Ok in lieu of the post pools singles bracket, here is my pick for the doubles tournament.
http://tournaments.supersmashbros64.com/viewTournament.aspx?id=64

If you want to make your own for fun or for the contest, just log in and create a 13 player tourney titled Zenith 64 Doubles Contest or something and input the teams in the following order to conform perfectly with how they are seeded:
SeedName
1SuPeRbOoMfAn <> The Z
2Star King <> Killer
3Firo <> Nintendude
4Clubbadubba <> Battlecow
5Czar <> Stranded
6Combo Blaze <> KnitePhox
7Shears <> A Glass of Scott
8Kevbot <> Killer B
9FireBlaster <> Swift
10Vik3n11 <> F
11DA_Itails <> Eli
12Elark <> EatingRaisins
13grapepop101 <> Solsek

Last edited:

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I'm merely pointing out that alting is perfectly legal for this tourney.

You guys take that however you want. If you want to freak out about it go ahead. If not that's cool too.

Good night.

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
I simulated a better one, let me explain:

Given the constraints there exists a non-empty set of optimal brackets, and a set of non-optimal backets. My bracket is more optimal than yours.

In my winners round 1 and my losers round 1, no one is more than 3 away from where they should be seeded. In your bracket people are up to 6 spots away.

ex: match A should be 16 vs 17
You have 10 vs 20. (6 away from 16 and 3 away from 20 )
I have 15 vs 19. (1 away from 16 and 2 away from 19)
Match B you have seed 18 replacing seed 24 (difference of 6), mine has a max diff of 2
Match C you have seed 24 replacing seed 20 (difference of 4), mine has a max diff of 2
ETC

My bracket is objectively better

Edit:
The constraints: For a perfectly played out bracket (the higher seed always wins), there should be no more than 1 match were people from the same pool play eachother.
The Goal: Since seed swaping must be done, minimize the total difference between swapped seed values in the first rounds of winners and losers.
My bracket fits the constraints (it is better or equal to yours) and it does better at the goal than yours.
My bracket should be used unless someone can construct one better than mine

My score for winners round 1 difference: combined difference of 24 => the average difference for every person is 1 spot on the bracket
i might have come up with an optimal one lol. mite make a computer program to calculate optimal solutions
for reference this is Nintendude's bracket

http://challonge.com/zenith2014_64singles

His score for winners round 1 difference is a combined difference of 61. A lower score is better; a perfect score is 0. Mine has a score of 24.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
scrubba & daywolf

get ready to feel the wrath

the beat downs i dish out are merciless

your pride will not be restorable

for those i play in bracket

may god have mercy on your soul..

you can't handle kero the great

i'm going ham this tourney

brace yourselves

Last edited:

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Based on the bracket and pool setup, if I play optimally I see myself getting 13th place. Damn, I hate seeing into the future like this. Any of you have personal goals for this tournament?

Battlecow

Play to Win
Lol sheer this is a court of law all the sudden?

Here's how tournaments work: If a TO rules something, it's done. Boom. No TO worth anything will change legitimate game or set rules after the beginning of the tournament, but his neglecting to put "don't be a total ****ing **********" in section 11.B doesn't mean that you can alt. If you yell in someone's ear during their set, and there's nothing related to match disruption in the rules? You're still out. There's precedent, it's common sense, and something as counterproductive and detrimental to the tournament experience as alting absolutely falls into the category of "things the TO can just ban you for out of hand"

Karajan, you absolutely do have the right to DQ anyone who uses an alt.

If some ************ screws up my seed or my bracket by alting, I'm going to be really, really, really unhappy with him, and I'm going to do my level best to make sure that his weekend goes just as badly as mine does.

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
Top 13. I want to make the bracket and win at least one game but I'm trying to win 2. I don't see myself winning 3 with how deep this tournament is so 2 is my goal which puts me tied for 13.

Top 5 in teams. Would need to pull off some upsets but I think it could happen.

Last edited:

clubbadubba

Smash Master
The absolute best I can possibly get is 2nd. So my goal is 2nd. Focusing on top 8 first though, then if I make that definitely going for 2nd.

Heading out for zenith in about 5 minutes, SO PUMPED.

And I apologize in advance to everyone for the eventual teams set between me and battlecow and m2k and karajan. Avoiding this matchup in the bracket will save everyone about an hour of their lives. Probably triple digit hours saved by not letting this matchup happen. Seriously, don't do it guys.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
The absolute best I can possibly get is 1st. So my goal is 1st. Focusing on top 8 first though, then if I make that definitely going for 1st.
fixed

glad some people have a good attitude around here

i'm rooting for you, clubba (still have to destroy you in pools tho)

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Lol stop being a wussy battlecattle.

Alting is legal unless stated otherwise. It's legal in all the smash games. There's been a history of alting in smash.

Just because YOU think it's lame doesn't mean it's DQ worthy.

ssb64 players are the only little girls that seem to have a problem with it.

An alters dream would be to play you round 1. =]

Last edited:

Ceasar

Banned via Warnings
The absolute best I can possibly get is 2nd. So my goal is 2nd. Focusing on top 8 first though, then if I make that definitely going for 2nd.

Heading out for zenith in about 5 minutes, SO PUMPED.

And I apologize in advance to everyone for the eventual teams set between me and battlecow and m2k and karajan. Avoiding this matchup in the bracket will save everyone about an hour of their lives. Probably triple digit hours saved by not letting this matchup happen. Seriously, don't do it guys.
You shouldn't limit yourself to 2nd place. Do whatever it takes to win this tournament.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Due to emergency circumstances, I'm not going to Zenith. I know this is really last second.

All I'm gonna say is that my life is unstable in some ways and there's a reason I am always hesitant to make commitments. I have certain responsibilities involving taking care of people.

I'm really, really, sorry, especially to Killer, my teammate, clubba, who I think changed his plans slightly to accommodate me, and the TOs for any inconvenience I caused.

I know it might be tempting to give me a hard time for this, but I'm gonna ask you guys to please take it easy on me just this once. Let me be. This is painful enough already.

Well anyway, I'm also gonna be away from the community for an undetermined amount of time because of this. I would guess a few months. See you all later, and good luck to everyone at Zenith.

Shears

Smash Master
Good luck with everything SK, hope it works out for the best.

Idk just going by shears predictions

I wasn't going to go that far out loud, but now that it's out there... I will beat boom. Also hope all is well sk
The bracket has them in so I'm going with what the challonge bracket says.

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
Due to emergency circumstances, I'm not going to Zenith. I know this is really last second.

All I'm gonna say is that my life is unstable in some ways and there's a reason I am always hesitant to make commitments. I have certain responsibilities involving taking care of people.

I'm really, really, sorry, especially to Killer, my teammate, clubba, who I think changed his plans slightly to accommodate me, and the TOs for any inconvenience I caused.

I know it might be tempting to give me a hard time for this, but I'm gonna ask you guys to please take it easy on me just this once. Let me be. This is painful enough already.

Well anyway, I'm also gonna be away from the community for an undetermined amount of time because of this. I would guess a few months. See you all later, and good luck to everyone at Zenith.
damn. Hope everything turns out ok SK. we'll be waiting for your return

Battlecow

Play to Win
Hey SK I'm directing good vibes at you. Bummer that you can't make it.

Lol stop being a wussy battlecattle.

Alting is legal unless stated otherwise. It's legal in all the smash games. There's been a history of alting in smash.

Just because YOU think it's lame doesn't mean it's DQ worthy.

ssb64 players are the only little girls that seem to have a problem with it.

An alters dream would be to play you round 1. =]
What the **** dude

There are two big 64 tournaments in a year. There is a 100% chance that you're going to **** up multiple people's one shot at proving themselves, and some of those people do care deeply about competing in the game they've spent a solid chunk of their life on.

I know you wouldn't act like this in real life. But it doesn't really matter: you're an asshole, actually, and I dislike you.

Don't think about me, think about the no-name who took off of work and practiced as hard as he could with all his friends and anyone who would play him on kaillera so that he could get third in his pool and play bracket matches on stream and text his friends to watch him. Only to get put into a pool with you, nintendude, and firo. What the **** right do you have to mess up his weekend because you think it's funny?

Last edited:
Top Bottom