• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's Personal Matchup Thread

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Alright, first I'm gonna put on my flame shield.

I honestly feel like this MU is nowhere near as hard as it used to be

nowhere near a hard counter.

we can punish his aerials severely.

Turtle can get kicked with proper SDI, and can be beat with Ftilt.

Dair can beat with Uair and even a well placed Usmash.
Lol omg scary stop

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Annoying hitboxes and eat our Din's for dinner.

You'd be smart to NOT use Din's this entire.

The Dthrow follow-ups do not work as easily with G&W (which is apart of my game with her) but he is not hopeless.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
But its a PERSONAL MU thread.....that's how I feel. Ofc I didn't put this in the BBR MU chart because DM and Mr.Eh would call me nuts but this is how I honestly feel about G&W. He's bad, and can be taken advantage of.

:phone:
Lol I'm so scared for how ****ed up the next match up chart is going to be for her.

She's gonna have like all -1s.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Dair can get beat with our Uair and even a well placed Usmash.
Were we not always able to do this? i've done it, so i don't see what is so lolzy about Zelda being able to do that.
Annoying hitboxes and eat our Din's for dinner.

You'd be smart to NOT use Din's this entire.
if G&W decideds to eat 3 dins w/ his bucket he loses bucket braking right? thats the G&W's choice to give that up in exchange for super attack.

i haven't really fought any good G&W, just a few average ones. So i'm just lurking and questioning this time.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
well G&W is hard but not as ******** as olimar imo

I do use Din's and hit but if I say I use it like 10 times a match I would be lying, bv they don't expect it and ou can hit at times, but just don't get obvious and problem solved.

the things I personally have more problems with are the key and his Uair when I'm trying to land, but I think that's normal...

Usmash can beat the key but it's difficult to time and do consistently so I recommend to practice that before or just wait down and hold the shield or be out of the hitbox that appears when it lands...

it's a good thing he dies quick, but he's just retardedly strong and can kill us even quicker than we can =_=

if you have trouble with the turtle this can work

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Lol I'm so scared for how ****ed up the next match up chart is going to be for her.

She's gonna have like all -1s.
are you an idiot? Look at the chart so far, we started with the WORST characters in the game and she already has lots of matchups that are averaging a fair bit worse than -1. She'd have to have +1s, +2s and +3s against the top characters in the game to average -1 at this point . . .

What don't you understand about "personal" matchup thread? Post your own opinions on the matchup, but if all you're gonna do is attak other people's opinions and call in NON ZELDA MAINS to put their opinions to back you up, just leave.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
are you an idiot? Look at the chart so far, we started with the WORST characters in the game and she already has lots of matchups that are averaging a fair bit worse than -1. She'd have to have +1s, +2s and +3s against the top characters in the game to average -1 at this point . . .

What don't you understand about "personal" matchup thread? Post your own opinions on the matchup, but if all you're gonna do is attak other people's opinions and call in NON ZELDA MAINS to put their opinions to back you up, just leave.
Scarys opinions are all like -1 on everyone below high tier for Zelda.
Scary is in the BBR.
The BBR makes the match up chart.

Not sure what's hard to understand about that.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
if G&W decideds to eat 3 dins w/ his bucket he loses bucket braking right? thats the G&W's choice to give that up in exchange for super attack.
They can eat 2 Din's before losing their ability. It may not be logical to eat Din's if they're at the 110% range, but some G&W's actually do eat all 3 when returning to the stage or sparingly, as Din's Fire can easily retaliate through the bucket and KO Zelda pretty easily.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Don't fill G&W's bucket. That's dumb.

Also I consistently beat the key with u-smash, so not sure why people are saying it "can" when it most certainly does.

Edit: in friendlies I fill the bucket to try to avoid it. lol

It comes out on frame 1 btw

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
HAHAHA! The only one I think I threw a 0 at was ROB. Maybe I just outplay all the ROBs out there. C'mon though seriously, I haven't been that bad and I certainly haven't done this in the BBR. I'm sure you'll approve of the next MU chart lol.

BTW, go to APEX everyone! That is all.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Btw ed, you are awesome, but your avatar severely creeps me out. Sheik with boobs = *shudder*

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Since we'reon the subject of sheik, and I know this is off topic, but how awesome would it be if they made a Zelda spin-off game where you played as sheik in the few years where Zelda was running around as him before Link ends up showing back up in Ocarina of Time as well as doing whatever Zelda (most likeley spending all her time as sheik) was doing DURING link's conquests of the temples?

It'd probaby be a much darker game than Ocarina since Link brought hope, but in the years before he reappeared, Zelda was fighting a seemingly hopeless battle.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
D3.......I honestly used to think that this one was even-ish. With that said, I have this as -2 (or somewhere in between -1 & -2 that's closer to -2). We don't have too much that's safe from his grab range and I can only imagine what ISSDI is going to do to us now that people may be putting practice into it. Combined with his grab range, that could be devastating. His Bair is still awesome, Dair is one of the few moves that beats our Usmash outright and I honestly think its a solid move. Utilt murders is just a little bit. And of course he still has ridiculous damage output from grabs. Makes me sad.

All that said, fireballs are semi useful if traded with waddle dees/dos but watch out for gordo! Can be reflected. If we get a Dtilt lock, we have a guranteed Bair off of a trip that may be a kill chance at the right percentages. Nair is semi useful because it may set up for additional chances for kicks. His recovery is easy to harass and simple to punish. Just react to what he does and try to limit his options for maximum pain. Not much else to say I think.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
This MU isn't as terrible as most of her high tier MUs, but I wouldn't take it lightly either. With just a few moves alone, D3 can shut Zelda's options if you're not careful. Couple of moves to watch out for are: Back air, grab, and up tilt.

Back air: D3's most obvious approach and pressure move. It's relatively fast, can be used several times, pokes/pressures your shield, and it can eat Din's and go through our Upsmash. I don't think his Bair is always guaranteed to go through Din's and Upmash because I've hit him with these moves before, but it could be some bad spacing on his part. In any case, don't always rely on those two moves to challenge his Bair approach. What I do sometimes is just walk away and try to space Din's just as he lands, possibly a running shield or dash grab as well. You can also try to space jab or f-smash just as he lands but be careful. His Bair will likely beat your own moves, unless he somehow whiffs it. I also find his Bair difficult to shield grab, though I did get away with a PS to Fair on him once xD

Grab: His grab range, as most of you know, is amazing. Even if he misses the grab, it always seems like he's fast enough to try and grab you again. His f-throw does so much damage for a throw... I think it was something like 14 damage iirc. The nice thing is, it's hard for him to chaingrab us. However. He can still tech chase us. If you get predictable with how you follow up after being down thrown, he will pick up on it and punish you in several ways. He can either start walking in the direction you'll roll to and regrab, shield/regrab if you get up and attack, or even dash attack you. That move can kill you pretty early too, good DI or not, so be careful!

Up-tilt: His most predictable kill move, and most D3s will keep it fresh so it can kill you nice and early, which it can. The hitbox on that move appears to be larger than it looks, in a similar way to Snake's up tilt. It's like his whole body is a hit box, as well as close behind him, above, and in front. He may use this to punish your landings or predicting how you get up from the ledge, and doing something like an Uptilt oos.

He has a couple of other moves that are annoying, but shouldn't be too much of a problem for us. His f-tilt is a decent spacing option, and we don't have anything that can beat it up close. I believe that it can also hit through Din's, but it might be dependent on timing. His f-tilt can also put a lot of pressure on us if we're near the ledge, forcing us repeatedly off stage, so be very careful. His projectiles are pretty meh but try not to get hit by them anyway, because they'll knock you up, and the Gordos may just outright kill you if you're in killing percents. Din's should prove to be a little useful in this MU compared to a lot of other MU's, but don't leave yourself open either.

Again, I can't stress enough the art of Nair Canceling and Down Tilt follow-ups. We should be able to have a Nair Cancel to sweet spot Back air on him, since he's tall (this combo is harder to do on shorter chars). With Down Tilt, we have a plethora of follow-ups. I'm almost certain we can do a Down Tilt to Fair on him at high percents, or if you want something more reliable, Up Tilt and Upsmash.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Good points you brought up Ed, I almost forgot about his recovery. You're right, it can be punishable. If he recovers up high, time an Up Air before he lands. If he's going to try and cancel his recovery to the ledge, go for an edgehog. If he's about to land on the ground. and you missed your Up Air punish, you can try to Lightning Kick him, or follow with a ground move (just be careful because he has a hitbox around him when he lands on the ground, so be sure to shield them)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
D3. He's very annoying and very difficult to approach with his long ranged f-tilt hammer and waddle throw (w/e that side b is called). Usually, I can only get in with a fast fall nair.

D3's bair is good. It lands more than I'd like :(

Also, that shield -> buffered grab works on Zelda so well. Good thing we can't be chain grabbed.

A good D3 should never fall victim to an up air when recovering.

D3 has this "Happy Ending" move... where he can swallow release and buffer an up smash/tilt w/e. Be careful not to get swallowed at high %.

Vid here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yfMoegHvcY

Ed nailed the important facts already. :p

I'd give the MU -2, no better than that.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Good points you brought up Ed, I almost forgot about his recovery. You're right, it can be punishable. If he recovers up high, time an Up Air before he lands. If he's going to try and cancel his recovery to the ledge, go for an edgehog. If he's about to land on the ground. and you missed your Up Air punish, you can try to Lightning Kick him, or follow with a ground move (just be careful because he has a hitbox around him when he lands on the ground, so be sure to shield them)
Doesn't his *** have super armor on it when hes coming down???

Top Bottom