• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

zelda tatic

hack-killer

Smash Cadet
i keep having problumes fighting my cousin when he is fox
i can beat three coms that r on a team and r lvl 9
buti cant defeat him as fox! its soo fraustrating! can u tell
me a stratagy to pwn him? he usally uses the laser i use
the reflector he uses his smash i go byebye! but it is longer lol

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
You have quite a few options for Fox.

Option 1: If you want to remain as Zelda and he keeps spamming the laser, instead of using the reflector, use Din's because Fox's laser does not make you flinch, and it does more damage to him if he wants to keep it going. Of course you can still use NL but be on your toes if hes rushes you. Watch for his Usmash because thats probably his most powerful move. If he comes from above, Usmash has more priority than him. Fsmash has plenty of range against Fox, and don't forget about Dtilt because it makes him trip and you can combo with Dsmash. Believe it or not, Zelda is one of Fox's worst matchups.

Option 2: If you are decent with Sheik, you can ftilt lock him till death! the tilt lock hit all spacies very hard and can be comboed very easily.

Option 3: If you want, use Sheik to start, knock him away with the ftilt lock combos and go to Zelda. With fresh killing moves, killing him should be a breeze.

Have fun!

hack-killer

Smash Cadet
You have quite a few options for Fox.

Option 1: If you want to remain as Zelda and he keeps spamming the laser, instead of using the reflector, use Din's because Fox's laser does not make you flinch, and it does more damage to him if he wants to keep it going. Of course you can still use NL but be on your toes if hes rushes you. Watch for his Usmash because thats probably his most powerful move. If he comes from above, Usmash has more priority than him. Fsmash has plenty of range against Fox, and don't forget about Dtilt because it makes him trip and you can combo with Dsmash. Believe it or not, Zelda is one of Fox's worst matchups.

Option 2: If you are decent with Sheik, you can ftilt lock him till death! the tilt lock hit all spacies very hard and can be comboed very easily.

Option 3: If you want, use Sheik to start, knock him away with the ftilt lock combos and go to Zelda. With fresh killing moves, killing him should be a breeze.

Have fun!
well i suck with shiek and when i do use the side b button he does his reflector
and thats it then he starts again -'_- man i hate him!

Mega-Japan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shonendo
3DS FC
0791-4753-3390
I doubt it is much use but from the Zelda FAQ on GameFaqs:

-----------------------------\
5.6) Fox:
-----------------------------/

Wiser Choice: Either

As Zelda-
Overall Difficulty: Normal
Just keep this mammal at close range, even if you keep reflecting
his Blaster, not only it might not reach back at him but he would
just keep shooting you... Follow him at all times and smash him
whenever possible. If this was Melee you would probably stand no
chance, but this is Brawl, Mr. McCloud isn't the Lion King anymore.
Also, watch out for his annoying UTilt, try to DI out of it and
counter with a DSmash or Naryu's Love.

As Sheik-
Overall Difficulty: Normal
Similar tactics applied with Zelda also work with Sheik. Try to keep
him at close range so that Fox does not camp half the match shooting
lasers at you. His UTilt is still annoying and will be likely followed
by an USmash, try to DI or jump out of it. Watch out for the obvious
combo of DAir followed by DSmash, if you have high damage, this is likely
to finish you off, but if you hold down your DI and use the chain in the
direction of the ledge at the exact time when he DSmashes you, you will
survive no matter how hard the hit.

leogeo2

Smash Cadet
I don't do too bad against Fox at all. Lots of Fox players I've went against like to do this whole thing that when they recover, they do their forward-b to dash right into you after jumping slightly from the edge. Use your reflect against those attacks. Don't use Din's Fire from a long distance, they can easily see that coming from a mile away and can just either dodge them, or in Fox's case, reflect them. Mid and Short distance recommended there. Other than that it's basically just not getting your *** kicked in the hand to hand combat.

His pistol is of no issue to me. When ever I'm far away from any of the Starfox characters I just toss off a reflect just in case they feel like shooting at me. Most of the time I get a few shots back at them and they stop shooting at that point.

Top Bottom