• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Certain posts in a particular thread I keep visiting for some reason are pissing me off. Random spam, **** one-liners, and there's a special person who wants to post their tier list... I want to wring their necks. If I was a mod in that section, I would heavily infract all of them. Best I can do is just scold them like annoying little brats like that's going to do anything... Must stay calm and ignore them.

Edit: And now all hell broke loose.

Edit 2: Edit Harder: Annnd... nothing can stop this madness. ;_;

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I go back to school tomorrow.

Guess I'm a little less active now. See u on the other side gorls ◥╥﹏╥◤

:150:

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Huh... Brawl Captain Falcon's dash speed was 2.05. The same as Little Mac's. Hmm... Little Mac also shares some animations kind of like how Falco and Wolf share Fox's pitfall, ledge attack, and other animations. Anyway, could you imagine Captain Falcon with a good dash speed? It's not that bad in Smash 4, 1.7, but second-best tied with Little Mac and be under Fox with his 2.4 dash shenanigans? Captain Falcon with the second-fastest dash and second fastest run speed with his dash grab. Hoo, boy... Fox is already rocking fastest dash speed and fourth-fastest run speed with his dash attack, Up Smash, and other Fox stuff.

And... What the hell were you guys thinking, developers? Brawl Wario's air acceleration is 0.3. That's not a typo. 0.3. The highest in Smash 4 is 0.1. I have no idea who's the highest, but checking Peach's since her Smash 4 air acceleration is 0.1 and it's the same in Brawl. So, let's assume 0.1 is next highest... Wario's air acceleration was 3x above the second-highest air acceleration and his air speed was like third-highest. What the hell? Well, Smash 4 Wario's air acceleration is 0.08 which is good, but a major drop from 0.3. On the flipside, Brawl ROB's air acceleration was 0.006. Once again, not a typo. Snake's was 0.02. Yeah... ROB has Robo Burner, but still... 0.006? Smash 4 ROB's below-average 0.045 air acceleration is a blessing.

Also, apparently yesterday was Metroid's 30th anniversary. Kind of wished there was at least a Metroid bundle announcement or something. Oh well.

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I dont remember ever tweeting him.

That greninja video on smash reddit is child's play.

Hydro pump gimping Ike and with Down Taunt? Seen it. Done it. Whatever.

Speaking of sweet greninja combos, my boy Tempra, a new japanes vine greninja, was in tournament a while back. Pretty sick ninja.

Wow, that set was amazing. Gotta look out for Tempara now, he's insane.

Good luck with school and stuff. Unfortunate that you start classes so early :/

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Huh... Brawl Captain Falcon's dash speed was 2.05. The same as Little Mac's. Hmm... Little Mac also shares some animations kind of like how Falco and Wolf share Fox's pitfall, ledge attack, and other animations. Anyway, could you imagine Captain Falcon with a good dash speed? It's not that bad in Smash 4, 1.7, but second-best tied with Little Mac and be under Fox with his 2.4 dash shenanigans? Captain Falcon with the second-fastest dash and second fastest run speed with his dash grab. Hoo, boy... Fox is already rocking fastest dash speed and fourth-fastest run speed with his dash attack, Up Smash, and other Fox stuff.

And... What the hell were you guys thinking, developers? Brawl Wario's air acceleration is 0.3. That's not a typo. 0.3. The highest in Smash 4 is 0.1. I have no idea who's the highest, but checking Peach's since her Smash 4 air acceleration is 0.1 and it's the same in Brawl. So, let's assume 0.1 is next highest... Wario's air acceleration was 3x above the second-highest air acceleration and his air speed was like third-highest. What the hell? Well, Smash 4 Wario's air acceleration is 0.08 which is good, but a major drop from 0.3. On the flipside, Brawl ROB's air acceleration was 0.006. Once again, not a typo. Snake's was 0.02. Yeah... ROB has Robo Burner, but still... 0.006? Smash 4 ROB's below-average 0.045 air acceleration is a blessing.
Brawl was full of freaks. Freaks!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Brawl was full of freaks. Freaks!
And assholes. Some of them remain so even if they're not top tier like Falco. :p

Still, looking at Brawl more in-depth, there seemed to be a lot of weird stuff. Most of it seems fine like other Smash games, but then there's bits and pieces that make you wonder what were they thinking? Granted, that can be said for any game. Falco's Fair and his broken on concept Falco Phantasm being buffed while Fox's Fox Illusion gets nerfed, Lucas and Ness's grab release issue, ROB's really low air acceleration, Wario's insanely high air acceleration, and Wolf's 60 frame meteor cancel. At the same time, Brawl introduced stuff, well, characters that for the most part out of weird stuff, were perfectly fine. Charizard, Ike, Lucas, Squirtle?, Venusaur?, Wolf, and ZSS weren't really busted compared to Melee's Falco, Ice Climbers, Marth, and Roy who was on the screwed section to Falco, Ice Climbers, and Marth's screw you section.

Edit: Well, noting down Brawl's movement values just because. Part of it is to compare it with Smash 4's, especially with stuff that was always been there like Falco and Samus's high dash. Brawl's frame data will be later... That part's because Brawl frame data is like barren and it's kind of a pain in the ass when you want to check stuff out compared to Melee and Smash 4.

Edit 2: Edit Harder: Brawl ROB's ground to air jump momentum multiplier and air horizontal jump multiplier are both 0. This means, if I understand the descriptions of both stats, he transfers no horizontal momentum at all when jumping. Coupled with his low 0.006 air acceleration... They really didn't want ROB going anywhere without Robo Burner. Man, ROB had it hard.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Today... or is it tomorrow? I hate being up late and confusing myself over today and tomorrow. Anyway, today I learned that Squirtle has good mobility. Also realized that everyone technically has a wall jump; everyone has horizontal and vertical wall jump velocities in their frame data. It's just only a handful can wall jump while everyone else only wall jump when they tech against a wall.

And there are frame data, movement value, whatever threads for Brawl on Smashboards. Pretty much this: http://smashboards.com/threads/brawl-information-compendium-social.266590/. Nobody seems to look back at them and I think they're lacking a compilation of stuff for knockback -- there is that, but it's on Dantarion's site not like how Smash 4 has a bunch of frame data threads or Shoryuken's wiki having character pages with detailed frame data. Well, talk about failing a spot-check and being a hypocrite who gets irritated that people don't look at stickied threads.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Yes, go to bed my child. Yew need a proper night's sleep before your first day of school! :113:
For some reason I was really anxious and couldn't fall asleep. I almost stayed up the whole night. When I woke up though, I felt fine.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Had my breakfast and ready to crack on with more of my work. Gotta come up with some Prototypes, and it can be any kind of prototype; poster, campaign, physical, etc.

Fingers crossed I get it all done before the deadline!

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
For some reason I was really anxious and couldn't fall asleep. I almost stayed up the whole night. When I woke up though, I felt fine.

That happened to me last year when I started my new school. Stayed up all night.

The fatigue is probably going to hit you like a pile of bricks though.
Just make sure you stay awake during your student id photos. Thank god for retakes.

In other news, I'm heading to new york on a family trip. Hope to do the tourist things and maybe attend a weekly there or something.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
That happened to me last year when I started my new school. Stayed up all night.

The fatigue is probably going to hit you like a pile of bricks though.
Just make sure you stay awake during your student id photos. Thank god for retakes.

In other news, I'm heading to new york on a family trip. Hope to do the tourist things and maybe attend a weekly there or something.
I wonder if you'll bump into JonTron during your time in NY. :secretkpop:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Out of curiosity, was/am I the only one here who likes school? I even went back after getting my BA and should have my Masters this time next year.

Maybe it's because I grew up in a pretty rural place, but school was where my friends were.

Then college was like a billion times better in pretty much every regard to HS.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Out of curiosity, was/am I the only one here who likes school? I even went back after getting my BA and should have my Masters this time next year.

Maybe it's because I grew up in a pretty rural place, but school was where my friends were.

Then college was like a billion times better in pretty much every regard to HS.
School was rather crap for me. Especially Secondary/High School, that was the worst.

College was when I truly loved it, and of course, my current Uni course I'm enjoying the most.

Oh, by the way. I was wondering if any of you would like to get involved in my current University assignment. Since I was asked to get some more people involved in this part, since I need to get some more ideas for my Problem that I've chosen.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
School was rather crap for me. Especially Secondary/High School, that was the worst.
Eh, that's sort of where my inherent obliviousness comes into play; I honestly didn't realize how ****ty High School really was until I visited it to talk to some of my old teachers after a year of college.

I also didn't especially like being in my home as a kid for a variety of reasons. Well, mostly just one reason and various effects of that one reason. School got me out of that house. Taught me skills so I don't have to go back on anything but my own terms.

Oh, by the way. I was wondering if any of you would like to get involved in my current University assignment. Since I was asked to get some more people involved in this part, since I need to get some more ideas for my Problem that I've chosen.
Sure, what sort of stuff is it?

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Eh, that's sort of where my inherent obliviousness comes into play; I honestly didn't realize how ****ty High School really was until I visited it to talk to some of my old teachers after a year of college.

I also didn't especially like being in my home as a kid for a variety of reasons. Well, mostly just one reason and various effects of that one reason. School got me out of that house. Taught me skills so I don't have to go back on anything but my own terms.
It was mostly the fact that I was often bullied during Secondary/High School. Which was pretty crap for me, and that I wholeheartedly stand by that the time you spend during that time of education is the worst.

Sure, what sort of stuff is it?
The project I have to do involves trying to find an alternate way to a problem, and it can be as crazy as we want it to be.
The problem I've chosen was with Autism, since it is often seen as an invisible disability; and I'm trying to find an alternate way to communicate with someone who is Autistic.

And the way I've been told to do it is with a rather unique and interesting thought process called "Crazy Eights". Where we have to spend 8 minutes coming up with eight ideas, you can write them down or draw them in any of the squares located on this image I made:

Crazy8s.png

Some ideas me, my Mother and some Tutors helped come up as for some examples are "Cards" to express how their feeling, "Support" as in a Teaching Assistant and VR for example. The ideas you and others can come up with can be as imaginative as you want them to be. If any of you girls wanna have a go at this, just send me a message or don't. I don't mind. :secretkpop:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
The problem I've chosen was with Autism, since it is often seen as an invisible disability; and I'm trying to find an alternate way to communicate with someone who is Autistic.
What level of autism? Is it meant to be in a controlled setting or be able to work anywhere? How big is the individual?

My uncle used to do this for a living, working with people with severe autism to function independently to pseudo-independently.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What level of autism? Is it meant to be in a controlled setting or be able to work anywhere? How big is the individual?

My uncle used to do this for a living, working with people with severe autism to function independently to pseudo-independently.
High End of the Spectrum. Doesn't matter about the size of the individual and it'll work anywhere.

And I didn't know your Uncle used to do that, kudos to him.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
High End of the Spectrum. Doesn't matter about the size of the individual and it'll work anywhere.

And I didn't know your Uncle used to do that, kudos to him.
Size is very important; if they have a meltdown it's very easy for someone to get hurt. That's one of the key differences with handling child and adult cases. A five year old beansprout or a six and a half foot adult with 50+ pounds on anyone else in the room can respond the same to same stimuli, but the severity of that reaction can be widely different.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Size is very important; if they have a meltdown it's very easy for someone to get hurt. That's one of the key differences with handling child and adult cases. A five year old beansprout or a six and a half foot adult with 50+ pounds on anyone else in the room can respond the same to same stimuli, but the severity of that reaction can be widely different.
I guess Medium sized individuals then. (Around 5 foot to 6 foot) Since the way you've worded it can be pretty dangerous. Haven't thought of weight though. :V (Also, I really need to get this done. Since my deadline is within two weeks.)

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I guess Medium sized individuals then. (Around 5 foot to 6 foot) Since the way you've worded it can be pretty dangerous. Haven't thought of weight though. :V (Also, I really need to get this done. Since my deadline is within two weeks.)
It's one of the main reasons there's a large turnover rate in terms of social workers willing to do stuff like that. People get hurt, sometimes because they're being attacked, many times trying to stop them from hurting themselves.

Wow nice miime you got there.:secretkpop:
But what if...we were all Mii mains but just don't realize it?

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
Every character is secretly a Mii. Think about it.

I am you and you are Mii.

Victory is my destiny.

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
The Mii is the shadow, the true self. Look into Chrom Mii's sad, dejected look. He knows he was snubbed. He didn't just want to be in Smash. He deserved it. And they made fun of him for it.

Top Bottom