• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Why would you encourage illegal radioactive waste dumping?
well

i was about to recommend sheik for the lulz

but real talk, he wanted to use marth but i thought that marth maybe a bit too hard for a beginner...? shulk? lol no. ike could be a good idea but he's kinda.... eh. he's decent. corrin, no she's mine

cuz i wanna regret doin something, i just said, "falcon"

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
well

i was about to recommend sheik for the lulz

but real talk, he wanted to use marth but i thought that marth maybe a bit too hard for a beginner...? shulk? lol no. ike could be a good idea but he's kinda.... eh. he's decent. corrin, no she's mine

cuz i wanna regret doin something, i just said, "falcon"
If he wanted to main Marth. Why didn't you suggest Lucina? :V

He said recommend not punish.

SORRY SORRY
the link (cloud :>) main has a point

been grinding corrin a whole ****ing lot. watching videos of tournament footage of her everywhere (SoCal, Texas, Florida, etc.) and i've been trying to get used to the techs. amazing character with a lot of potential. i still have my shulk though. can't let him go to waste. plus, i'd use him in a few match-ups against certain campers (notably toon link)

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
the link (cloud :>) main has a point

been grinding corrin a whole ****ing lot. watching videos of tournament footage of her everywhere (SoCal, Texas, Florida, etc.) and i've been trying to get used to the techs. amazing character with a lot of potential. i still have my shulk though. can't let him go to waste. plus, i'd use him in a few match-ups against certain campers (notably toon link)
Plus, you can stall out ZSS and Sheik. The best counter to Nairo, ZeRo and every other Sheik/ZSS main. :secretkpop:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Berserker. Berserker. should have recomended cloud tbh pretty low skill floor and limit break is more of a plus than a necessity at lower levels

Berserker. Berserker. should have recomended cloud tbh pretty low skill floor and limit break is more of a plus than a necessity at lower levels
guy ain't a huge fan of ff7
IMO people should play who they like not who seems the easiest to use.
this is what got me to pick up shulk ;)

jk, actually xenoblade influenced my decision. corrin was cute as **** which HEAVILY influenced my decision to switch

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Main reasonings for me were that I wanted to try and use someone else besides Shulk & Zelda. So Lucina was the next best thing and I really REALLY enjoy using her. So much more than Marth. :V

Corrin I chose mainly because well I want to get more into Fire Emblem, and that she's cute. :V

Rizen

Smash Legend
FFVII was awesome but (UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT!) I actually think FFXII is my favorite FF game. It takes forever to get anywhere but once you invest a lot of hours the world is so rich with culture and lore. It's the one game where even the most insignificant NPCs have their own lives going on with pet rock tortoises, vegetable selling, escaping from dungeons, being scared by waterway ghosts, moving to the city from the forest, carrying refugees up a snowy mountain, defying the gods and being imprisoned in the mortal world, fishing, raising birds... it's the closest game to actually having a living breathing world as a setting.

Wifi anyone?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
FFVII was awesome but (UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT!) I actually think FFXII is my favorite FF game. It takes forever to get anywhere but once you invest a lot of hours the world is so rich with culture and lore. It's the one game where even the most insignificant NPCs have their own lives going on with pet rock tortoises, vegetable selling, escaping from dungeons, being scared by waterway ghosts, moving to the city from the forest, carrying refugees up a snowy mountain, defying the gods and being imprisoned in the mortal world, fishing, raising birds... it's the closest game to actually having a living breathing world as a setting.
For a moment there, I thought you put down FFXIII instead. Then I would've had to post poorly rendered dog.

Out of all the FF Games. IX is my favourite, since that was the one I started with out of all the games, plus Zidane is just a complete joker and kinda cool too. :3

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
imo it's actually necessary to play a character you like/connect with/identify with. if you're one of the people who are just playing a top tier just because of their top tier status, what's the motivation to keep improving with the character? i'd assume the motivation is just to win, and imo, that's not enough. i obviously don't give a f*** about tiers because i have mained zelda forever, but i understand why people do. it's just that if you're only in it to win, why even play in the first place?

tl;dr main someone you like to play, not a character you're only playing for their position on the tier list or because someone told you to play them, etc.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
imo it's actually necessary to play a character you like/connect with/identify with. if you're one of the people who are just playing a top tier just because of their top tier status, what's the motivation to keep improving with the character?
I think it's a coping mechanism. Tier w****s probably never really felt accepted by their mothers.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I agree, play the character that makes you happy! Like for me, sparkles, vicious yet simple critical hit noises, GOTEM moments, and sassy disrespect makes Zelda/Bayo really fun for me. Peach's IDGAF LALALAAAA TEEHEE attitude is amazing and funny too. TFW they lose to someone who thinks she's dancing/skipping through a field of flowers:
:023::070::132::202::drsad:

However, it could be over something simple too. Like my friend who plays Megamens for the butt touching/squeezing grab. Apparently dis Megabadtouch's fav butts to grab belong to Zelda, Falcon, and Kirby. Butt especially Rosalindor Truffles because Loomuh is all "*thwack during a grab* No! Das my booty!"

Playing with voice chat on is always a treat/reason for a restraining order.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I agree, play the character that makes you happy! Like for me, sparkles, vicious yet simple critical hit noises, GOTEM moments, and sassy disrespect makes Zelda/Bayo really fun for me. Peach's IDGAF LALALAAAA TEEHEE attitude is amazing and funny too. TFW they lose to someone who thinks she's dancing/skipping.
Same goes with me. I know I've already said why I main Lucina in the last page. But she's just so much fun to use, plus she suits my playstyle when compared to Marth, who I don't find as fun and I struggle a bit when using him. And I'm gonna try and use Corrin more because she feels fun as well. I'd go back to using Shulk; but I feel like I'd have some very bad games with him, and I'm very rusty with him. :V

Lordaeron

Smash Rookie
I did it ladies! I managed to get second at a local Smash tournament at a anime convention in Rotterdam, the Netherlands using Zelda!

It was my first tournament too :D

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Instead of studying for my two upcoming midterms I decided to dig through footage of my recent tourney performances and found this gem

IT'S TIME TO BAN•ZELDA

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Today I learned that Bat Within is not just a "failed" Witch Time, but actually part of Bayonetta's rolls and dodges... ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME? Sure, it has really low active frames and yes, dodging like this in her games can activate either or, but really? The fact they come before her rolls and dodge frames is freaking absurd. They know that people spam the hell out of rolls and dodges. Bat Within while making her take damage, rewards her because it slows down her opponent ever so slightly. It's a safety net on option people hate, especially online because of input lag. No character in this game has rolls or dodges below frame 3 or below startup nor do they do anything else other give them I-frames to dodge any hitbox. Why not incorporate it as part of her rolls and dodges instead of being before them? Example, her air dodge is frame 5-27 and Bat Within is frame 1-4. So, 23 active frames for the air dodge and 4 frames for Bat Within. That's 27 total active frames; pretty much all other characters have 24 to 25 active frames on their air dodge. Why not have Bat Within be frame 5-8 and the air dodge be frame 9-27.

If Dante, Nero, or Vergil were in this game, I would bet you they would not have rolls or dodges like this. Dante's Trickster Dash might not even be considered as part of his moveset at all because Stinger would probably supersede it as a Side Special and as rolls, it would be Little Mac-speed if not even faster, Nero's frame tight Table Hopper wouldn't work as it would have to function as a modification to his rolls and dodges would also, if we go with it completely upgraded, need to allow Nero to Table Hop 3 times forward or back with almost no recovery - basically, if Bat Within was broken -, and Vergil's Trick Up and Down would probably end up as his Up and Down Special since Trick Up can't be used to move forward and Trick Down only moves him back if he's on the ground. The fact Vergil still to this day in any form lacks a double jump might even force Trick Up to be his double jump. DMC4: SE Vergil could dash around to dodge, but only in Devil Trigger which at best would be his Final Smash since it would utterly insane for him to build it up like Cloud's Limit Break and guess what? He's got a full screen Limit Break through DT Judgement Cut which would probably work better as an "end" to his Final Smash rather than letting him actually be able to charge and enter DT, perform DT Judgement Cut, and murder everyone. Realistically, all 3 would have Ganondorf's rolls which is actually what they freaking do in their games. Slow rolls that in a game where you're only fighting meatbags, doesn't really matter, but in Smash, would help to balance these 3 crazy demons.

Rolls and dodges are spammable in this game... I wished they weren't because of online multiplayer. That's the whole problem behind them since they are fine offline for the most part, but input lag isn't taken into account properly. Oh, that one less I-frame on rolls because of patch whatever sure does well when there's little recovery on them. Higher recovery would work to help with input lag, but that creates the problem where offline, rolls and dodges might be completely useless at high level play if the recovery is too high - extremely detrimental to Samus considering her roll is like a slow moving boulder. How about rolls and dodges aren't completely immune? Yes, high active frames and side to side moves can work, but how about a KoF XIII route where rolls aren't immune to grabs? This could also extend to command grabs like Bowser's Flying Slam and Ganondorf's Flame Choke.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Ffam

Ffamran

Don't rant.

Bayonetta's dodges have strictly worse endlag as it is. Her perfect reflexes are improved (Read: as if on lolglory) and her endlag is more punishable.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ffam

Ffamran

Don't rant.

Bayonetta's dodges have strictly worse endlag as it is. Her perfect reflexes are improved (Read: as if on lolglory) and her endlag is more punishable.
I need to rant! It sustains me! *takes a bite out of a rantburger*

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'd like to go on record as the person who coined calling her 'Mayonetta'.

If anyone wants to wifi just tag me btw.

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
Wow Oboro is fun to use. Her face is goofy but I like her. Almost enough to give her an S rank.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Managed to rescue Estelle in Project X Zone 2, and planning on watching Durarara Ketsu later today. If it doesn't get delayed. :V
Might make a few more Mario Maker levels as well today. If I can be bothered. :V

Rizen

Smash Legend
Know what's weird? :4jigglypuff::4kirby::4metaknight::4pacman:and if you count the clown car :4bowserjr: are literally heads with appendages sprouting from them. That's like 1 in 12 smash characters that have no torso. The ratio was even higher in past SSBs.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
@evmaxy54 made it through pools in both Sm4sh (now Top 64) and Melee in BEAST 6 ayyyy

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
@Meru did too, but he probably used mostly Peach. Good job to both maXy and Meru! (I wanted to put Meru in my fantasy bracket, but never saw him on the list :/)

How have things been going in the social since I was last here?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
@Meru did too, but he probably used mostly Peach. Good job to both maXy and Meru! (I wanted to put Meru in my fantasy bracket, but never saw him on the list :/)

How have things been going in the social since I was last here?
Alright. I'm feeling much better from my cold; just got a sore throat from all of the coughing. And uploaded a match I had against @Feelicks, where he went Randall in some friendlies. I went Corrin a few times, but we had some even games; but I was pretty rusty.

D

Deleted member

Alright. I'm feeling much better from my cold; just got a sore throat from all of the coughing. And uploaded a match I had against @Feelicks, where he went Randall in some friendlies. I went Corrin a few times, but we had some even games; but I was pretty rusty.
Randall?

Top Bottom