• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
It's the Sheik Fair of Puzzle Games. Sure, you have your Ganon U-Tilts and your Din's Fires, but who needs them when you're tu tu tuing people across the stage?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I can't rank genres

I thought I preferred RPGs for most of my childhood but it's really just EO/7th Dragon/Golden Sun and scattered other games.

Puzzle games are never a genre that even comes to mind when I think about games to play, but I enjoyed Meteos, Puyo Pop, and Pokemon Puzzle League.

Platformers are frequently good when they're NES Mega Man/MMZ style. Earlier Mario games were good, I haven't enjoyed anything I've played from Galaxy 1 forward.

SRPG depends heavily on my mood more than anything, with how long individual stages tend to take in FE or FFT I really need to be in the mood to play them

Fitan depends heavily on other people to play with, but past that I also need a character in the game that fits me because if characters don't click with me instantly I'm usually hopeless with them.

I hate FPS, except for TF2 which used to be my favorite game ever.

tl;dr genres aren't good, games are good

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I can't rank genres

I thought I preferred RPGs for most of my childhood but it's really just EO/7th Dragon/Golden Sun and scattered other games.

Puzzle games are never a genre that even comes to mind when I think about games to play, but I enjoyed Meteos, Puyo Pop, and Pokemon Puzzle League.

Platformers are frequently good when they're NES Mega Man/MMZ style. Earlier Mario games were good, I haven't enjoyed anything I've played from Galaxy 1 forward.

SRPG depends heavily on my mood more than anything, with how long individual stages tend to take in FE or FFT I really need to be in the mood to play them

Fitan depends heavily on other people to play with, but past that I also need a character in the game that fits me because if characters don't click with me instantly I'm usually hopeless with them.

I hate FPS, except for TF2 which used to be my favorite game ever.

tl;dr genres aren't good, games are good
This.

Only for music.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I didn't forget stealth games because I haven't played any

what I did forget is roguelikes, elona is gdlk

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I didn't forget stealth games because I haven't played any

what I did forget is roguelikes, elona is gdlk
Considering PC game sales usually make Beyond Good & Evil?, Deus Ex - can be played stealth if you want -, Dishonored, Ghost Recon, Hitman, Mark of the Ninja, Rainbow Six, Sniper Elite, Splinter Cell, Thief, and Velvet Assassin games dirt cheap... Pick a random one up one day. Older Metal Gear, Sly Cooper, and Tenchu games will be more difficult since they're not on PC, but on systems, mostly PS2, that might be trouble to get their games. For MGS and Sly Cooper, there's the HD collections on PS3 and Xbox 360 - not Sly Cooper since it's a Sony exclusive -, so whatever, but Tenchu's probably trickier. Also, if you've played Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass?, you could consider those as technically stealth games with their stealth portions. Pretty sure Phantom Hourglass had more stealth sections than Wind Waker. Games that can be played stealth include the Assassin's Creed games - starting from around with Brotherhood wrecked everything and made them high profile killers -, the Crysis games, Fallout 3 and onward, the Far Cry games, The Elder Scroll series, though they're pretty bad and broken without mods, The Last of Us, sort of Mass Effect since there are stealth-based classes, so pretty much any (action) RPG with rouges, but it's not "stealth-stealth" like in Splinter Cell or Thief, Payday, Prince of Persia? - I know it has stealth sections, but I think it's more of a platformer -, the Tomb Raider reboot games, and Warframe. Also, horror games, but that's more of GTFO and curling up into a ball waiting for the monsters to go away.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I don't understand how Cloud is a good character when his best move is standing still, every character in the game can do that.
Does requiring pressing :GCD::GCB: to stand still make his standing still game better?

Last edited:

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
Got first place with Corrin. In less than a week of maining her. Took me 7+ yeas to get first with Zelda. I cry.

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
I don't understand how Cloud is a good character when his best move is standing still, every character in the game can do that.
Does requiring pressing :GCD::GCB: to stand still make his standing still game better?
... What?

If anything it makes his 'running away, batting you off and then doing it more' game better. :smash:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Meanwhile, Goku.

It'll take him 300 episodes, but he'll get there and when he does, he'll kick your butt... 300 more episodes later. :p

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
... What?

If anything it makes his 'running away, batting you off and then doing it more' game better. :smash:
Oh you're new

hi

Don't take anything we say seriously, except for BAN•ZELDA, we are serious about that.

k bye

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just doing some more Uni work today, since my TA will be visiting today so I can at least show him the production that I'm doing with my work. And I'll be showing him the next piece I'll have to do for about 2 - 8 weeks, but I'll be looking forward to it.

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
Oh you're new

hi

Don't take anything we say seriously, except for BAN•ZELDA, we are serious about that.

k bye
Don't worry, I picked up on the general theme of everything here to be shenanigans. :seuss:

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Just called Zelda to let her know about our "break" and junk. Got her specially commissioned answering machine message instead.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I just looked up some old YT videos of some people riffing on either trailers, other YouTube videos, LPers, etc.

Why does a Flintstones Pinball Machine even exist!?

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I really didn't think that the cessation of development on Sm4sh would be this bittersweet.

I'm a little disappointed that certain characters (especially Zelda) didn't get all of their issues fixed, but overall, the development team did a fantastic job with this installment.

Now that patches are over, the metagame can finally advance without worry of nerfs or techniques being removed. Since Sheik somehow managed to avoid any meaningful nerfs throughout the entire patch history, it seems as if she'll be our overlord for the rest of eternity.

I'm excited to see where the metagame takes us in the future.

Sakurai did an amazing job with this game, and I hope his well-deserved vacation is as relaxing as possible.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Can't wait to see the amazing character variety in tourneys years from now!

:4sheik::4sheik::4sheik::4sheik::4metaknight::4zss::4sheik::4cloud2::4zss::4sheik::4sheik::4metaknight::4cloud2::4metaknight::4sheik::4sheik::rosalina::4sheik::4cloud2::4sheik::4pikachu::4sheik::4metaknight::4cloud2::4bayonetta2::4bayonetta2::4sheik::4sheik::4ryu::4sheik::snake::4sheik:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
You forgot the dedicated :4peach: main (who spent a ton of time figuring her out) that will make an impact on the scene, but will never win any relevant tournaments

also :4ness::4ness::4ness::4ness::4ness::4ness:

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
This post makes me weep cuz no Snake. ;_;
*drinks*
sorry, that was a typo, was supposed to be :4kirby: with :4bayonetta2:'s power

You forgot the inevitable :4peach: main that will make an impact on the scene, but will never win any relevant tournaments

also :4ness::4ness::4ness::4ness::4ness::4ness:
Ness sucks, the best Ness doesn't even think he's top 10

If people are dropping :4mario: now of all characters, Ness will surely be dropped years from now.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Ness is one of the easiest characters to pick up, along with being generally stupid.

He may not be top tier, but I don't see why he wouldn't be viable.

He's gimpable and kinda slow, and those are basically his only flaws.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Ness is one of the easiest characters to pick up, along with being generally stupid.

He may not be top tier, but I don't see why he wouldn't be viable.

He's gimpable and kinda slow, and those are basically his only flaws.
Isn't Mario considered one of the easiest? Since he's kind of a beginner friendly character.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
This video is pretty cancerous
As expected from those :4samus: mains

Now those dreams are crushed bless Mustard Hero Soccer Guy:secretkpop:

Last edited:
Top Bottom