• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rizen

Smash Legend
GG now I'm getting it. Thanks. It takes me a few matches to adjust to wifi.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Also was the SmashBoards Site banner thing always slightly differently colored on each character? (Robin,zss,Sheik,falcon,Roy,Mac)

Or perhaps i am crazy.
I think those colors are new, because they look a lot uglier on the PM theme than whatever was there before.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Also was the SmashBoards Site banner thing always slightly differently colored on each character? (Robin,zss,Sheik,falcon,Roy,Mac)

Or perhaps i am crazy.
I believe the colors at the top are supposed to be rainbow colors to celebrate the legalization of same sex marriage in the US.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

Rizen

Smash Legend
Thanks for going Zelda again. IDC who you play now. I just hate it when I mistime moves and do really stupid things because I didn't account for the lag at the start.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Even though I use Kirby, Sheik and Ryu *among others
I don't post in those socials
I find this character social the best
Pikachu boards are a lot more chill.
Are you people watching CEO or some ****
Nah because dubs
Hit meeee up when Smash 4 singles start
Seriously tag me

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
YES OMG it's even worse when it changes the menu music to something I've heard 1000 times.[/quote said:
Or even worse when i come back from making a snack or sandwich oly sit down RIGHT when it resets to it. x_x!

Ughhh! xD Life is so hard yo
rip in pieces quote. I 'll never be cool like you 'gorls' :(

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Apparently Lylat's tilting makes Farore's go horizontal even if you aim up smh
thanks Sakurai
This makes me wonder if we should always ban Lylat and Castle Siege. It can really screw us up...but hardly anyone knows about this, so it might be pointless.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Apparently people on twitter are saying they're upset that same sex marriage is legal so they say that they're moving to Canada
same sex marriage has been legal in Canda for 10 years LOL

@ Rizen Rizen I gtg. GGs, that was really fun!
This makes me wonder if we should always ban Lylat and Castle Siege. It can really screw us up...but hardly anyone knows about this, so it might be pointless.
It happens on Castle Siege too? Is it on the third transition that's like FD?

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Apparently Lylat's tilting makes Farore's go horizontal even if you aim up smh
thanks Sakurai
SEE THAT'S WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME PLENTIFUL OF TIMES SAKURAI WHYYYYYY. And it does happen on the 3rd part of the stage of Castle Siege too smh

Despite the fact that FW works very wonky I think it's a matter of stage preference. Honestly I don't mind Lylat that much despite the FW jank because nobody is very comfortable in Lylat so the tables could... literally tip to our favour. Dtilts work a lot better on that stage too to edgeguard, and the stage tips so much you can catch aerials that would normally autocancel and punish with Faror..... er, UpSmash.

Castle Siege is okay for Zelda, she THRIVES in the walkoff portion of the stage but is miserable in the other two transformations. But if anything, I'd rather ban Delfino and Halberd depending on the character you're facing.

And BAN DUCK HUNT AGAINST CHARIZARD GORLS

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 GGs, those were fun :) I need to learn how to space shulk.
I think wifi might make Farow's go wonky. I've had it go to the side on BF before.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Apparently people on twitter are saying they're upset that same sex marriage is legal so they say that they're moving to Canada
same sex marriage has been legal in Canda for 10 years LOL

@ Rizen Rizen I gtg. GGs, that was really fun!

Yep, that's the one. Although I don't think this stage is good for Zelda anyway, since her multihits will keep her in hitlag longer if you hit a statue (giving opponent more time to prepare a punish).

EDIT: in tournament I banned Defino and Duck Hunt every time.

-Don't have DH unlocked (HOW DO YOU DO IT) and the few matches I've played on it were really annoying.

- I hate Delfino. A LOT.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Ironically I find that Battlefield is one of Zelda's best stages and Dreamland to be one of her worst stages... even though they are basically the same thing.

Same thing goes for Smashville being IMO one of her better ones, but Town and City is probably one if not the worst stage for her as a general case.

Delfino, Halberd, Castle Siege and Lylat are ALL stages that have you playing with fire. You have so much jank with low ceilings and stage tilting and walkoffs and blah blah but your depending on your opponent they can also abuse the jank against you.

And I hate Duck Hunt.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
That reminds me of the time I sent out Mr. Disappointment against a Ganondorf. He Fsmashed the Phantom but when I went in to punish the move was still active because of the hitlag. I died.

THANKS PHANTOM UR THE BESS

EDIT: I like Battlefield the best too since it's easier to do ledge cancels (at least for me). It also helps against zoners, and the platforms really help out Usmash and Elevator.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Kirby/Dededecide is really ezpz for kills, when you get the rhythm down 20+ is free. My record (from Oct 14) is 48 KOs with Dedede iirc

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Some things about Battlefield over Dreamland
+ Platforms help mobility and Uair/Kick usage
+ Higher top blast zone makes you survive longer
+ Utilt and Usmash can actually hit opponents on platform (unlike Dreamland's)
+ Dtilt is amazing to edgeguard because BF's sides are super janky and Dtilts can land very easily
+ Easier to ledge cancel
- Opponents can abuse the BF side jank against you in recovery
- Higher ceiling may cause opponents to not die as early

Some things about Dreamland over Battlefield
+ Farore's used on the ground horizontally does the AERIAL version when landing, meaning a stronger punish against projectile users if you get the read
+ Platforms are farther apart so you can do Dthrow combos a bit better
+ Lower ceiling = easier to kill with Usmash and FW
- Since grounded FW always does the aerial version when landing, you have to eat 10 more frames of ending lag, costly if missed
- Can't ledge cancel as much
- More susceptible to vertical KOs due to lower ceiling and elevated platforms
- Dtilt is harder to hit in an edgeguard attempt, FW may hug the side lip of the stage during recovery and not sweetspot the ledge

Wind doesn't really affect Zelda that much IMO. But yeah might be a bit biased against Dreamland. :^)

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Some things about Battlefield over Dreamland
+ Higher top blast zone makes you survive longer
+ Utilt and Usmash can actually hit opponents on platform (unlike Dreamland's)
+ Dtilt is amazing to edgeguard because BF's sides are super janky and Dtilts can land very easily
+ Easier to ledge cancel
- Opponents can abuse the BF side jank against you in recovery
- Higher ceiling may cause opponents to not die as early

Some things about Dreamland over Battlefield
+ Farore's used on the ground horizontally does the AERIAL version when landing, meaning a stronger punish against projectile users if you get the read
+ Platforms are farther apart so you can do Dthrow combos a bit better
+ Lower ceiling = easier to kill with Usmash and FW
- Since grounded FW always does the aerial version when landing, you have to eat 10 more frames of ending lag, costly if missed
- Can't ledge cancel as much
- More susceptible to vertical KOs due to lower ceiling and elevated platforms
- Dtilt is harder to hit in an edgeguard attempt, FW may hug the side lip of the stage during recovery and not sweetspot the ledge

Wind doesn't really affect Zelda that much IMO. But yeah might be a bit biased against Dreamland. :^)
I thought the landing animation for Farore's was actually 10 frames shorter? Compared to the regular landing, that is.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Whenever I see someone get gimped by Hydro Pump I cringe a little
At least it's a move that can be considered to be intended to gimp people like Mario's FLUDD. Getting gimped or even stage spiked by Fire Bird, though... I feel sorry for people when that happens.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Ironically I find that Battlefield is one of Zelda's best stages and Dreamland to be one of her worst stages... even though they are basically the same thing.

Same thing goes for Smashville being IMO one of her better ones, but Town and City is probably one if not the worst stage for her as a general case.

Delfino, Halberd, Castle Siege and Lylat are ALL stages that have you playing with fire. You have so much jank with low ceilings and stage tilting and walkoffs and blah blah but your depending on your opponent they can also abuse the jank against you.

And I hate Duck Hunt.
I actually like DH now, i hated it when the game first came out though lol.

i find myself there more as Peach but i don't think its a bad stage for Zelda. is the ceiling low? (falcons are always taking me here so i assume that's why) the tree platform over by the far right is fun to stand on and Dins annoy. the grass at times can help Zelda when spacing because it can hide her attack boxes like Fsmash and she can crouch in the grass and be unseen. the ducks mess with camping by other characters and the dog rising out of the middle disrupts combos and juggles sometimes in Zelda's favor. the solid wall to recover up is nice for no Failroes recoveries and the side blastzones being kind of small gives Dsmash a bit of an edge. it's probably just me being forced to like this stage since i tend to always end up on it.

lylat is no longer fun because they fixed the ledges so no screwing with peoples recoveries anymore which is nice for Zelda, but now its just space battlefield. :4jigglypuff:

Top Bottom