• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Oh, dig my shallow grave
It's not me you'll save
'Cause I'm a lost cause
I'm a lost cause
A lost, lost cause

Am I doing it, right? :p
Wait, all this time that I have spent away
Makes me think that I might be okay,
The kiss of death will have to wait
My head, is holding on to all those things you said
You taught me to be strong and get through it, the mist of darkness
In my head.​

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
8 pages? Meh. I want to, but I don't want to.

Came in... I don't know. Probably 13th? Won one, lost one, won one, lost one, which was 3 matches before loser's finals. Ended up losing to a very good Yoshi who did well at APEX (seeded 4th in the tournament) and then a good DK who abused Kong Cyclone, which I'm not sure how to deal with it as Mega yet... So I went DK ditto for fun and learned that windboxes don't do anything to the move either. lol. To be honest, I expected I'd place better, but losing to 3rd place (cyclone) and 5th place is what it is. On the other hand, my wins were very convincing against Robin (lol mu) & Link (Nair>Dash attack is apparently a thing) and my Yoshi loss was close and I feel like it could've gone either way.

Ended up hanging out and playing a lot of friendlies with people, where I broke out all of my characters sans Shulk & Samus. Zelda got a doubles match, which ended in a 1v1 with an elevator kill. Marth got a Fire Emblem match vs Ike, Lucina got a ditto (got wrecked. Did not know SH DB1>Nair>Fsmash was a thing), and DK got me warmed up at the beginning vs... I don't remember. And then I played Mega in friendlies after the tournament and became "that guy" whom people wanted to beat. There were a lot of salty runbacks and I supplied the citrus to go along with the salt. Got a group of about 6 who are all super cool and fun to play with as well as want to improve. Didn't really tell them that I'm super active on Smashboards or "study the game," but I guess they'll soon find out since it's one of the ways we'll be communicating for bi-weekly get togethers & more monthly stuff.

Good experience. I played well, just got matched against one of my personal worst MU's in Yoshi (which is so different offline), and the MK DK nado. But more importantly, made some good connections.

GF was Sheik & Diddy and it wasn't close. 3-1 Sheik. Diddy must be balanced.

Oh, and customs were on, which is different from the last monthly. And people didn't like them for the most part.

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
8 pages? Meh. I want to, but I don't want to.

Came in... I don't know. Probably 13th? Won one, lost one, won one, lost one, which was 3 matches before loser's finals. Ended up losing to a very good Yoshi who did well at APEX (seeded 4th in the tournament) and then a good DK who abused Kong Cyclone, which I'm not sure how to deal with it as Mega yet... So I went DK ditto for fun and learned that windboxes don't do anything to the move either. lol. To be honest, I expected I'd place better, but losing to 3rd place (cyclone) and 5th place is what it is. On the other hand, my wins were very convincing against Robin (lol mu) & Link (Nair>Dash attack is apparently a thing) and my Yoshi loss was close and I feel like it could've gone either way.

Ended up hanging out and playing a lot of friendlies with people, where I broke out all of my characters sans Shulk & Samus. Zelda got a doubles match, which ended in a 1v1 with an elevator kill. Marth got a Fire Emblem match vs Ike, Lucina got a ditto (got wrecked. Did not know SH DB1>Nair>Fsmash was a thing), and DK got me warmed up at the beginning vs... I don't remember. And then I played Mega in friendlies after the tournament and became "that guy" whom people wanted to beat. There were a lot of salty runbacks and I supplied the citrus to go along with the salt. Got a group of about 6 who are all super cool and fun to play with as well as want to improve. Didn't really tell them that I'm super active on Smashboards or "study the game," but I guess they'll soon find out since it's one of the ways we'll be communicating for bi-weekly get togethers & more monthly stuff.

Good experience. I played well, just got matched against one of my personal worst MU's in Yoshi (which is so different offline), and the MK DK nado. But more importantly, made some good connections.

GF was Sheik & Diddy and it wasn't close. 3-1 Sheik. Diddy must be balanced.

Oh, and customs were on, which is different from the last monthly. And people didn't like them for the most part.
Yeah DK Nado is a pain to deal with especially with Zelda. @_@

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Yeah DK Nado is a pain to deal with especially with Zelda. @_@
Mega Man: If you miss a pellet, up-B. If you jump, up-B. Setup by utilt, oh, and it combos into utilt. Can't edge guard DK... ugh.

I need to try out ice slasher, because I think freezing beats super armor.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Mega Man: If you miss a pellet, up-B. If you jump, up-B. Setup by utilt, oh, and it combos into utilt. Can't edge guard DK... ugh.

I need to try out ice slasher, because I think freezing beats super armor.
Yeah you shouldn't chase him offstage. You just have to respect it/shielding.

One more thing, don't go to stages that have platforms with him.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Yeah you shouldn't chase him offstage. You just have to respect it/shielding.

One more thing, don't go to stages that have platforms with him.
Oh, I know how it works and everything. I play dk as a secondary and I've played around with it. I hate it because it feels grossly OP.

I get a lot my kills from edge guarding as MM. I can't even trump normally. Just annoying.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Oh, I know how it works and everything. I play dk as a secondary and I've played around with it. I hate it because it feels grossly OP.

I get a lot my kills from edge guarding as MM. I can't even trump normally. Just annoying.
Yeah the move is really good.

I rather fight custom cosplaying Zelda than custom DK. lol

It's actually one of the main reasons I picked up custom Wii Fit. It's to deal with it.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Diddy probably has the most annoying victory animation I have seen in my entire life
I agree. I actually want to see a video where Shulk's victory theme plays with every other fighter's victory animation. Imagine Luigi going "Bang, bang." with Shulk's theme playing in the background.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Asdfghjkl new Dissidia Trailer with actual gameplay footage has me like completely awake this morning. My friend just sent it to me and I feel like I need to alert all of you.
Also I didn't read the last 8 pages because ain't nobody got time for that right now.

Although I guess to try and stay on topic- well I can't actually think of anything else no never mind.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Also. Project X Zone 2 got announced. And it seems like Vergil will be Dante's partner instead of Demitri.

I suddenly have a strange feeling SANIC The Hedgehog and EDGEY The Hedgehog will appear in this... and maybe Phoenix Wright.

Stupid question: how many days are left until the patch is released for you guys? It's April 13 at the moment for me (so that's 2 days), but I'm from a different time zone. I'm a bit paranoid about the time zone differences so I'm just playing it safe

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Stupid question: how many days are left until the patch is released for you guys? It's April 13 at the moment for me (so that's 2 days), but I'm from a different time zone. I'm a bit paranoid about the time zone differences so I'm just playing it safe
Two days for me as well. Well more specifically, 35 hours left till the 15th for me.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Asdfghjkl new Dissidia Trailer with actual gameplay footage has me like completely awake this morning. My friend just sent it to me and I feel like I need to alert all of you.
Also I didn't read the last 8 pages because ain't nobody got time for that right now.

Although I guess to try and stay on topic- well I can't actually think of anything else no never mind.
Welp, time too clear out space on my Desk for a PS4....

And lets hope this gets a release outside of Japan....

ICXCM

Smash Cadet
Does anyone else while playing anyone for glory 1v1 get some maddening disconnects post winning? It happens so frequently that I think people have something against Zelda being a lot better in Smash 4.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Also. Project X Zone 2 got announced. And it seems like Vergil will be Dante's partner instead of Demitri.

I suddenly have a strange feeling SANIC The Hedgehog and EDGEY The Hedgehog will appear in this... and maybe Phoenix Wright.
Needs moar Bayonetta and Jeanne.

I love how this is official art work.
That's like me every morning;
Please no, I don't want to go to work D;

@ CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix IKR, me too -sigh-
I can't wait to see Ultimecia, Shantotto and Kujie coo though, I gotta see how they're changed

I was hyped for this until Team Ninja happened

The opinions and reviews will have to convince me. I guess. BUT HEY, it looks purty good.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Needs moar Bayonetta and Jeanne.

I love how this is official art work.
That's like me every morning;
Please no, I don't want to go to work D;

@ CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix IKR, me too -sigh-
I can't wait to see Ultimecia, Shantotto and Kujie coo though, I gotta see how they're changed
Would be nice to see those two Witches make an appearance, but I doubt it though.

Also. Here's a screenshot of PXZ2. :V

(Found it on NintendoEverything. :V)

http://nintendoeverything.com/first-project-x-zone-2-brave-new-world-gameplay-screenshots/?pid=80437

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12

****, yeah.
I loved Project X Zone.

If people haven't played it, they should.
(granted, it can get a tad repetitive, but its really fun.)

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
****, yeah.
I loved Project X Zone.

If people haven't played it, they should.
(granted, it can get a tad repetitive, but its really fun.)
Yeah. It can be fun, but I do remember some of the characters being OOC (Out of Character). Funny that they managed to keep Dante's personality perfectly in tact. I did managed to beat it, but playing it a second time doesn't really feel like it's worth it tbh.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
still unhappy X + Zero made it to X Zone rather than Megaman + Protoman but if Phoenix Wright + Miles Edgeworth/Maya Fey/Apollo Justice with a **** Gumshoe assist become a thing I'm so looking at the game.

Look sensor machine his first name is **** and **** is a legit name get your mind out of the gutter

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
still unhappy X + Zero made it to X Zone rather than Megaman + Protoman but if Phoenix Wright + Miles Edgeworth/Maya Fey/Apollo Justice with a **** Gumshoe assist become a thing I'm so looking at the game.

Look sensor machine his first name is **** and **** is a legit name get your mind out of the gutter
Megaman got Smash 4, so I think its only fair we get X and Zero....

Also I fully support a Phoenix Wright team + Solo character in this game :awesome:

My flip flopping with the Monado arts is showing again. Starting to love buster the most, out of no where >_>

Last edited:

Duzzzyy

Sing me your lullaby~
NNID
Duzzzyy
My flip flopping with the Monado arts is showing again. Starting to love buster the most, out of no where >_>
Gotta love those sweet nair > dtilt > backthrow > backslash buster combos that do a billion damage.

Last edited:

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Good morning, Zelda forums.

I feel like bringing only good contributions today.

What's the hardest thing about learning to ride a bike?

The pavement.

Gotta love those sweet nair > dtilt > backthrow > backslash buster combos that do a billion damage.
I love it when people let this happen. Lol. D-throw > F-tilt/F-smash in buster is nuts also (can be done at low percentages)

Mfw when opponents actually let me land b-throw > back slash in buster

Top Bottom