• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Hyrule Candy

Smash Journeyman
"ERMAGAWD JUS DO HER UP-B."

"WATCH NAIRO AND GET GUD SCRUB."

Shout-out to Nairo.
She is good. She's low I just can't see bottom atm. She has pretty good MUs and that's what will help her.

It's also because of @Nairo that people think she's high tier. He's pushed the character pretty far. He discovered the elevator and dtilting beneath the edge. Ya know he's definitely my fave smash because of this. Ya know I feel like people would think that she's low if he never used her.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
He discovered the elevator...
I'll tell you He. Did. NAWT.

He just is the first to use it so efficiently.

He also didn't 'discover' Dtilting below the ledge either. It worked in Brawl, (And Melee IIRC) so any reason why it wouldn't work in SSB4 when it retain roughly an identical foot hit-box.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah dtilt on the ledge was a thing back in Melee although dsmash was even better in that situation.

Hell even dair worked too.

Last edited:

Hyrule Candy

Smash Journeyman
I'll tell you He. Did. NAWT.

He just is the first to use it so efficiently.

He also didn't 'discover' Dtilting below the ledge either. It worked in Brawl, (And Melee IIRC) so any reason why it wouldn't work in SSB4 when it retain roughly an identical foot hit-box.
Ok but he still pushed the character pretty far. Like now zelda has one of the best punish tools. Dtilt beneath the edge worked? Wut? Why didn't I know this. Oh zeldamazing I have failed

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
On a serious note, I'm actually pretty sure I'm like, one of the only people in existence that's going to main Zelda forever, haha. I actually don't really have that much fun playing as anyone else except her! Funny how that works.
As much as I complain all the time (ask @O D I N ) I feel the same way... I also feel like it might be some kind of disorder. :-/

Rion

Smash Journeyman
As much as I complain all the time (ask @O D I N ) I feel the same way... I also feel like it might be some kind of disorder. :-/
I know, right? She's enticed us all with her promises of sweetspot aerials.

Also yes. I -better- be italicized @ BJN39 BJN39 . (Thank you for putting me on the list honestly!)

Also wow at that community patch thread, trying to make Din's seem good. That just infuriates me to the point of it being hilarious.

DIn's.

Overpowered if it has no freefall.

This has to be a joke, right?

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I know, right? She's enticed us all with her promises of sweetspot aerials.

Also yes. I -better- be italicized @ BJN39 BJN39 . (Thank you for putting me on the list honestly!)

Also wow at that community patch thread, trying to make Din's seem good. That just infuriates me to the point of it being hilarious.

DIn's.

Overpowered if it has no freefall.

This has to be a joke, right?
I sometimes get the feeling no-one outside of the zelda boards has ever played her, seriously she's truly awful but no-one outside of here sees it

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
What's worse is that they'll probably think that we Zelda mains are just thirsty, and want our character to be extremely broken. WHEN HONESTLY IT'S THE EXACT OPPOSITE. WE WANT TO CONTENT, NOT OVERPOWER.

It almost feels like it's frowned upon to see Zelda ACTUALLY being good. A shot at the Project M players, because she even lost a lot of good stuff in that game too.

WHY ISN'T SHE ALLOWED TO BE GOOD? ; w ;

Rion

Smash Journeyman
What's worse is that they'll probably think that we Zelda mains are just thirsty, and want our character to be extremely broken. WHEN HONESTLY IT'S THE EXACT OPPOSITE. WE WANT TO CONTENT, NOT OVERPOWER.

It almost feels like it's frowned upon to see Zelda ACTUALLY being good. A shot at the Project M players, because she even lost a lot of good stuff in that game too.

WHY ISN'T SHE ALLOWED TO BE GOOD? ; w ;
I was actually about to mention how in Project M, even with all the incredible amount of changes and overhaul she received... she's STILL only like, upper-mid tier at best.

Yet people -still- somehow managed to complain about her if I remember correctly. Mostly likely because she was such a new contender to the "viable" market, it was probably a kneejerk reaction of "whoa, she's too good. Look how she's wrecking people who don't know her match up!"

What is the deal here-?

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I was actually about to mention how in Project M, even with all the incredible amount of changes and overhaul she received... she's STILL only like, upper-mid tier at best.

What is the deal here-?
I guess she's just one of those characters that's doomed to forever be awful and just can't be helped, like DK or ganondorf

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303

What is the deal here-?
In Melee and Brawl, there's the excuse that she's not meant to be a 'complete' character per se, since Sheik is meant to cover her weaknesses.

Presumably nowadays it's just happening for the sake of tradition. :p

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
She just kinda is one of those characters that will forever be bad due to the blueprint moveset she has received. ; w ;

Will stick with her to the end because she'll still need people to rep her, but being a low tier character for 3 straight games is almost record worthy. At least we ain't Link. :>

Rion

Smash Journeyman
In Melee and Brawl, there's the excuse that she's not meant to be a 'complete' character per se, since Sheik is meant to cover her weaknesses.

Presumably nowadays it's just happening for the sake of tradition. :p
Even then... Jesus, Sheik always had way more practicality over Zelda in every aspect. Melee being the most obvious example.

Sigh, what're we going to do about her?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger

Yet people -still- somehow managed to complain about her if I remember correctly. Mostly likely because she was such a new contender to the "viable" market, it was probably a kneejerk reaction of "whoa, she's too good. Look how she's wrecking people who don't know her match up!"

What is the deal here-?
Eaux

Don't bring up THAT. I was there first-hand to see the endless hate at Zelda's design in PM.

Admittedly, the changes merely came up as a result of Zelda being examined as a char by the PMBR the way every char was before that, instead of just by Ryoko and ZHime, according to Magus. Then both of them sort of lost interest after it became clear that a ton of trash changes were unpreventable.

I mean, her nerfs were ridiculous in a vaccuum, but considering the PMBR actually went out of their way to severely nerf just about everyone, she pretty much stayed at the same viability level.

It DIDNT stop the complaining and everyone hating her. :rolleyes: It is definitely more than a conspiracy that her being at all good is frowned upon.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
She just kinda is one of those characters that will forever be bad due to the blueprint moveset she has received. ; w ;

Will stick with her to the end because she'll still need people to rep her, but being a low tier character for 3 straight games is almost record worthy. At least we ain't Link. :>
But the sad thing is, she has the potential to be good, she's just not quite there. Instead of getting better and better each game though, she just keeps getting worse and worse

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
We'll probably just have to hold her hand, and guide her through the darkness for all eternity. But we can't let go of her because she has no idea how to get out.

In a sense, it's like parenting.

Rion

Smash Journeyman
We'll probably just have to hold her hand, and guide her through the darkness for all eternity. But we can't let go of her because she has no idea how to get out.

In a sense, it's like parenting.
We're failing as parents.

She's going into welfare.

Actually, she's already in welfare. And she's had to change families 3 times now because they got into melees, brawls and Wii U versions.

Er, scratch the last one. Maybe.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
"We'll look into changing something if completely necessary"

Butbutbut, like 5 of Zelda moves have the need for completely necessary fixes! D:

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
LOL you guys totally hijacked the patch project thread.

But no more patches is sad indeed. :c

Alphatron

Smash Champion
@ BJN39 BJN39 yeah it was a lot of fun

@ Alphatron Alphatron do you have any advice for my zelda?
Yep!

Your biggest thing is that you don't really try to ledge guard me. When I'm on the ledge, you let me get back on the stage for free most of the time. Granted, I have the same problem when playing as Zelda. But you should really be punishing your opponent's get up options. Even Din's fire can make rolling from the ledge really unsafe (and rolling from the ledge is really unsafe on a few characters because you can just react in response to them).

Tone down the Din's Flare usage. I started (trying to) punish you in our later matches because it has the same end lag problems that Din's Fire does. Plus, there would be time when you'd use Din's Flare when I was off the stage and was trying to recover low. Especially with Dedede. Everybody recovers low with Dedede. Instead, opt to go for another edge guard technique.

Otherwise, you seem to have Zelda down pat. Use dtilt more when your opponent is at mid percentage. And punish tech rolls with Faore's Wind (@ Rion Rion is 10x better than me at doing this). It's a lot easier than trying to elevator and having the opponent DI the first hit.

Rion

Smash Journeyman
After this last one, I'll play you @ Fuoujin 2 Fuoujin 2 if you're still around! I have the room waiting for you and everything you know?

Also, thanks for the games @ Hyrule Candy Hyrule Candy !

Last edited:

Hyrule Candy

Smash Journeyman
GGs Omg @ Rion Rion U make zelda look like a top tier. After going against U I realized how bad my zelda is. U should go to apex. After fighting U im sure zelda has more potential and I'm gonna keep maining zeldamazing. Tips and advice?

Top Bottom