• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Gurl I know the feeling ;_;
Eh, I don't drink anyway, so I'm not bothered. Besides, I wouldn't go anywhere near a pub today anyway

They're not as bad as that here, but still pretty full :p

Btw are you going to Slayers in Belfast on Saturday?
I don't even know what a Slayers in Belfast is, so I guess not :p Galway is too far from Belfast anyway.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
In VGBOOTCAMP's stream they're all like "Lucina Sucks" "She's ***" "Bottom tier at best"

I'm just here like "Fight my Lucina"
She's bad regardless of whether or not you're good with her. Marth in this game already has issues, but he at least has redeeming power in his tippers. Lucina literally has no reward. You want to space well anyway, you might as well play Marth. He's safer in every way and gives greater reward for good gameplay. Lucina's only redeeming quality is her palettes. But she still should have been a palette swap for Marth if they weren't going to differentiate her more. Dark Pit is the same, but at least they had extra weapons to choose from for him (they just didn't).

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
wtf that doesn't even make sense. is there anywhere else i could check it?
I...am not sure yet. I was going to suggest Wonder Trade/GTS then remembered it isn't tradable since SPECIAL POKEMON, etc.

doing some research and experimentation with a bunch of Diancies myself, will let you know if I figure something out

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
She's bad regardless of whether or not you're good with her. Marth in this game already has issues, but he at least has redeeming power in his tippers. Lucina literally has no reward. You want to space well anyway, you might as well play Marth. He's safer in every way and gives greater reward for good gameplay. Lucina's only redeeming quality is her palettes. But she still should have been a palette swap for Marth if they weren't going to differentiate her more. Dark Pit is the same, but at least they had extra weapons to choose from for him (they just didn't).
She does have a few things better.

Her dancing blade gives a higher verticle boost.
Her hurtbox is smaller.
Her Usmash and Dancing blade are better due to having no tipper.

I wouldn't say that she's that behind

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Just a reminder; Even if Lucina is bottom tier she still is usable since this game is a lot more balanced than previous iterations.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I...am not sure yet. I was going to suggest Wonder Trade/GTS then remembered it isn't tradable since SPECIAL POKEMON, etc.

doing some research and experimentation with a bunch of Diancies myself, will let you know if I figure something out
I'd just like to know what Game Freak was doing when they made it so you can't use Diancie online. It kind of nullifies the point of getting Diancie in the first place.

I always find it hilarious when people say that Lucina is more of a rushdown character than Marth. Like, spacing is absolutely vital for Lucina since she doesn't have the hitlag that Marth's tipper has. iirc, spaced dtilt is the only safe move that Lucina has, but I'm probably wrong about that.

Her palettes are certainly her only redeeming factor. That's the only reason I occasionally use her.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Just a reminder; Even if Lucina is bottom tier she still is usable since this game is a lot more balanced than previous iterations.
Just a reminder; Even Mii Swordfighter can place first in a tournament.

Lucina shouldn't have too much of a problem especially when she has Crescent Slash lol

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I know that but I really just see her as low. Imo bottom tier belongs to :4falco::4ganondorf::4samus::4littlemac::4dedede::4miisword::4miigun::4palutena:. I also see Lucinas playstyle greatly changing in the future because of the no tipper effect.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Eh, I don't drink anyway, so I'm not bothered. Besides, I wouldn't go anywhere near a pub today anyway

They're not as bad as that here, but still pretty full :p

I don't even know what a Slayers in Belfast is, so I guess not :p Galway is too far from Belfast anyway.
Fair enough lol

I thought the Temple Bar was busy the one time I went there when the Rugby was on but damn :O

Galway is pretty damn far ;_;

DragonSlayers (it's full name) is the gaming/anime club thingy at QUB & on Saturday is a 24 hour event that they do near enough monthly. We do Smash tourneys at this (for the one on Saturday we're doing Sm4sh, P:M & Melee with the latter being a recent addition since someone else is hosting it).

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
DragonSlayers (it's full name) is the gaming/anime club thingy at QUB & on Saturday is a 24 hour event that they do near enough monthly. We do Smash tourneys at this (for the one on Saturday we're doing Sm4sh, P:M & Melee with the latter being a recent addition since someone else is hosting it).
Nice, wish we had something like that out here :( closest thing we have here is when the anime/manga con rolls into NUIG in January, or when the video game society holds a fighting game night, which is rare enough.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
imo :4lucina:<:4marth: (btw has anyone noticed that the only two in between them are Mario and Luigi in the emotes box) but not by much

also imo Marth is probably mid to lowmid
I think people are overexaggerating his range loss and fair lag
I think that nerfing him was only fair
/shot

therefore Lucina is not that far behind

bottom tier = :4dedede::4duckhunt::4falco::4miisword::4samus::4wiifit::4zelda:
almost bottom = :4bowserjr::4charizard::4dk::4drmario::4ganondorf::4gaw::4myfriends::4littlemac::4miigun::4palutena:(:4lucina::4marth:)

but what do I know

Lozjam

Smash Champion
[
I know that but I really just see her as low. Imo bottom tier belongs to :4falco::4ganondorf::4samus::4littlemac::4dedede::4miisword::4miigun::4palutena:. I also see Lucinas playstyle greatly changing in the future because of the no tipper effect.
We've been over this.... Ganondorf has just as much viability as Link in this game, and both Link and Ganondorf are better than Zelda.... Also, seriously? Mii gunfighter? They are like the masters of spacing. They are lowmid tier at the very least!

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
You guys above better be talking about tiers w/o customs, or I'm gonna smack y'all upside the head through the computer screen.

Wow, I am on a roll with these page steals today.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
[

We've been over this.... Ganondorf has just as much viability as Link in this game, and both Link and Ganondorf are better than Zelda.... Also, seriously? Mii gunfighter? They are like the masters of spacing. They are lowmid tier at the very least!
Ganon I'm still iffy on, if he's bottom then he's the very top of bottom.
Mii gunner is just merely outclassed by every other projectile based character. I also don't see him that good either.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
imo :4lucina:<:4marth: (btw has anyone noticed that the only two in between them are Mario and Luigi in the emotes box) but not by much

also imo Marth is probably mid to lowmid
I think people are overexaggerating his range loss and fair lag
I think that nerfing him was only fair
/shot

therefore Lucina is not that far behind

bottom tier = :4dedede::4duckhunt::4falco::4miisword::4samus::4wiifit::4zelda:
almost bottom = :4bowserjr::4charizard::4dk::4drmario::4ganondorf::4gaw::4myfriends::4littlemac::4miigun::4palutena:(:4lucina::4marth:)

but what do I know
Looking at the hitbox data he actually gained range on moves that weren't fsmash

But the thing is fair isn't the only thing that got lag added, more like everything in his kit did on top of damage nerfs (i.e. tipper nair damage dropped 19%→11% and had a lot more end lag added). The character is both less rewarding and less safe (some stuff's even punishable on hit at lower percents now), he is numerically lacking outside of tipper fsmash.

And then Lucina's numbers are even worse than Marth's...

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Nice, wish we had something like that out here :( closest thing we have here is when the anime/manga con rolls into NUIG in January, or when the video game society holds a fighting game night, which is rare enough.
That does suck bad :/ Though I would say to keep an eye open for events in Dublin if that is within your area of travel as they do some stuff as well. A TO there is trying to organise a biggish tourney called O'Smashathon (the first one apparently did very well last year, ~30 entrants for both PM & Melee) & we may get Professor Pro over for it to help expand the scene here (even though he will body us all lol).

We also have a Melee tourney happening in Newry on the 4th of April though that's a good bit further than Dublin.

Also if you have a FB, join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashIreland/

Cenizas

3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Someone should make a GIF of Ganon's fist pump victory animation. I can't find one and seems like something that should've been made a long time ago.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I love how people are going absolutely batty just because Nintendo is going to make mobile games.

I'm just here shaking my head with an amused smile on my face.

Fujon

Banned via Warnings
Anyone wanna play, I'll show you flops how bad Zelda is when someones knows the match up.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
@ Lorde Lorde

EDIT: Okay, wow, I feel dumb now

For the American Diancie, the SID is 525. Works in Battle Spot just fine.

If you want to Wonder Trade/GTS it, it can't be a fateful encounter/have the ribbon I think (i.e. has to be illegal) though.

Last edited:

Cenizas

3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
I love how people are going absolutely batty just because Nintendo is going to make mobile games.

I'm just here shaking my head with an amused smile on my face.
Well the thing is we don't want Nintendo to sell out and neglect their console games. I'm sort of hyped, but I'm just wary if this what's going to happen.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Looking at the hitbox data he actually gained range on moves that weren't fsmash

But the thing is fair isn't the only thing that got lag added, more like everything in his kit did on top of damage nerfs (i.e. tipper nair damage dropped 19%→11% and had a lot more end lag added). The character is both less rewarding and less safe (some stuff's even punishable on hit at lower percents now), he is numerically lacking outside of tipper fsmash.

And then Lucina's numbers are even worse than Marth's...
I think Marth is still high since getting kills early is huge in the meta atm. Lucina imo is low at worst. She has kill power and range but then think is that spacing is crucial. But spacing is something they're both bad at in this game, their metas are both wrong imo and are bound to change. The meta is too early. Who knows Lucina might be better in the end.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Well the thing is we don't want Nintendo to sell out and neglect their console games. I'm sort of hyped, but I'm just wary if this what's going to happen.
They flat-out said they're not going to neglect their consoles. Hell to further prove that point they even announced their new console. Nintendo is probably going to use the mobile games to promote their series for the mobile audience and potentially make them interested into buying their consoles and games. It looks like a very smart idea to me.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I think I just saw AlmostLegendary in the ladder

I'm so tempted to challenge him to a fight and beat him with the character he considers one of the worst in the game. The problem is that he plays Rosalina and I'm not too good with that MU.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I think I just saw AlmostLegendary in the ladder

I'm so tempted to challenge him to a fight and beat him with the character he considers one of the worst in the game. The problem is that he plays Rosalina and I'm not too good with that MU.
His Rosalinas pretty bad like roll glory level. He uses fair to approach. Nuff said.

kaazers

Smash Master
I'm baaaack!
Only gone for 2 days but I'm already 10+ pages behind smh.

tl;dr of the last few pages.
I'm currently replaying Xenoblade and Xenogears.
If we run out of characters to raid we should raid the Smash 4 social.
Gotta set our goals high :^)

Can't believe I missed the Robin raid.
It was a good read though.
Here's my contribution.
View attachment 43285
@ kaazers kaazers needs to see this. :p

Omg. Bless @Ffamran for the tag so I could see this and @Nammy12 for making it.

I'd drop my husbando Ike quicker than a hot potato if this were real. :troll:

Oh, late, I know, but
Happy Saint Patrick's Day everyone!

I wish I could actually catch up on everything here but you guys post so much. This is definitely the thread that never sleeps.

Soul.

lol people mad cuz nintendo making mobile games.
that thing was long overdue. inb4 NX is a console/handheld hybrid

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
AERO, we know you're a big troublemaker this wasn't supposed to be a contest, I was trying to make @ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 fel betr. >_<
It's okay now. I've learned that mods are just big stupid bakas anyway and Ihatethemhatethemhatethem. :^)

Top Bottom