• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Anyway, for those of you who played or are playing SoV, when did you promote your characters?
I think level 10-12 was the usual area I promoted my units. You can wait a bit more, but usually leveling between levels 15-20 takes way too long to justify and you should just promote at that point. You don't see swamps until Act 4 and by that point Genny should be promoted anyways so there's no rush.
On the subject of who you should pitchfork, Lukas or Forsyth should ABSOLUTELY get one of them to reclass to a Mercenary. I personally went with Forsyth since he was lacking behind Lukas for me and his quotes are gold. I'd go with Forsyth for you as well since it seems like your Lukas' luck has turned around for the better. But it doesn't matter too much as to which one you pick because both of them turn into absolute monsters that will kill everything on the enemy team when they reach Dread Fighter so yeah. The best time to reclass them would be right after you promote them to Baron so they can get a few extra stats to help them out before going all the way down to Villager (and in this case, you would most likely want to promote them ASAP since being in the lower classes when you'll most likely be in Act 3 can hurt quite a bit). I never ended up using the other 2 pitchforks but I've heard good remarks about forking Est, so maybe you could consider giving one to her.

But really, Forsyth has amazing lines.
I'M A FORSYTH TO BE RECKONED WITH! FACE IT, MY INSTINCTS ARE SUPERIOR!
Forsyth in Heroes when

Edit: Page steal. This page is now dedicated to Kokichi, but dressed up as a maid while holding a chainsaw.
idk the Internet is weird

Last edited:
I support the boots theory as well; it's more other people and pets (my dogs are seriously talented at ruining things) than degradation from standard usage that I'm concerned about. That said, "cheap" was probably vague; <$100 is more the price bracket I was considering, so your recommendations aren't outside my range. Over-the-ear admittedly isn't something I've used, but it doesn't sound appealing to me; my outer ears are pretty sensitive, which lends to me being averse to cans as well (haven't worn any over $60, but my ears always start aching after an hour or so). I know someone I could borrow some from to try, though, I'll see if I can do that tomorrow.

Considering the parameters I'm looking for, I figured it's probably reasonable to give Chi-Fi memes a chance. I spent my whole Sunday (literally the past 10 hours) researching this; found a number of things that looked interesting and reviewed positively in the $10-70 price range, incidentally including the Tennmak Pro which is apparently similar to the Shure SE215 but priced at a modest $30.

I guess a big point of concern here is, I don't for sure know what kind of sound signature I'm looking for. Some bass is fine, but I hate it when it drowns everything else out, which led me to think I preferred an emphasis on treble, but reading about the (garbage) cans I currently have (Sennheiser HD 202; xmas present last year), it seems they're actually considered treble-heavy. I'm not sure if that's actually what I dislike about them then, or if it's entirely a quality issue, but it complicates pinning down other things as desirable purchases...I suppose if I'm going Chi-Fi anyway, I could afford to buy both a warmer and a brighter pair...

As an aside, I hadn't been aware wooden earphones were a thing. I'm feeling tempted toward something like the Sendiy M2 on aesthetic appeal alone (though they also reviewed well...and had a substantial price jump over the past year as a result).

At any rate, that was a whole lot of "Tell me what I want when I don't even know what I want", I guess. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll do some further looking into them tomorrow.
now, now I have something you really need

https://en-uk.sennheiser.com/in-ear-headphones-earphones-ie-800-s-ceramic

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
english character trailer for xenoblade 2 (not japanese this time)
Alright, the voice acting is still good, but there are some really, really, thick accents here. I'm used to Scottish accents thanks to the 12th Doctor (i'm a big Doctor Who fan) but the thicknesses of some of the accents here are on a whole other level. Gonna have to get used to it.

Still playing it in English though. Despite me watching anime 99% of the time subbed (the one anime i've watched dubbed and enjoyed was JoJo Parts 1 and 2), i'd rather not have Pyra make my ears bleed with her "REEEEXXXSU".

Anyway, for those of you who played or are playing SoV, when did you promote your characters?
I promoted my characters ASAP. The ones i used anyway. I didn't bother trying to train Forsyth or Python that much. People say the former is better than Lukas, but i disagree. Lukas is much easier to train, especially in a game where Armors suck (wait, that's every game).

Forsyth is like 10x better than Valbar tho.

On a side note, i promote ASAP regardless of the game, because i hate the "right way" of waiting to Lv.20. Takes too long, especially for healers.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon all. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just had my lunch and currently playing FE Warriors.

Finally unlocked Marth, Caeda and Tiki. Now to try and get Celica and Anna. :yeahboi:

Also, Lianna is now my strongest unit. Sitting at Lv. 24, with Takumi being my weakest unit at Lv. 13. :secretkpop:

If I can be bothered, I'll be going through my Uni work later today or I can just wait till tomorrow and go through it with my Tutor in the morning.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I promoted my characters ASAP. The ones i used anyway. I didn't bother trying to train Forsyth or Python that much. People say the former is better than Lukas, but i disagree. Lukas is much easier to train, especially in a game where Armors suck (wait, that's every game).

Forsyth is better if you reclass him but Lukas is better as a Baron imo. But since Barons in this game are pretty garbo like you said, Forsyth ends up being better for most people since they end up pitchforking him.

Valbar is a complete mess and 95% of that can be explained simply by "he's on Celica's route and not Alm's". He's on a route with a lot of swamp and desert maps so he has the same movement as an armored unit in Heroes half the time, and Celica's route has a lot of magic damage dealers (on your team and the enemy team) as opposed to physical damage. But because of that, he's really the only high-defense unit that you have because there aren't any other real options. But actually getting him to chokepoints or in range of an enemy to lure them out can take a lot of time with his low movement+terrain that hinders movement. So... he's bad but since he's your only option at filling this role, he's usable and you should use him. Even though said role varies from not needed at all to absolutely needed with almost no in-between depending on the map.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Forsyth is better if you reclass him but Lukas is better as a Baron imo. But since Barons in this game are pretty garbo like you said, Forsyth ends up being better for most people since they end up pitchforking him.
Tbh, i don't really use the Pitchfork that much. I only used it when i wanted to beat Thabes, and i ended up using them on Kliff (to maximize damage with Parthia's Trance Shot and also because he's the best Bow Knight i the game) Faye (because she's the best Saint in the game) and Delthea (because she's the best Priestess in the game).

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
i like how they chose the worst fates kids possible

i can't wait to skip that banner

edit:
the rhajat quotes are literally just tharja's. like, they even mention plegia and stuff. i'm not sold on her being on the banner nvm just saw the art for her so she's definitely in. lmao why

it looks like soleil’s face is awful rip

also, i think i saw a firesweep sword. i'll finally have to build a hana now

Edit 2: soleil has the firesweep sword. Siegbert and Shiro have Swift Sparrow 2 build into their weapons, and Rhajat has Keen Gronnwolf+

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
why is internet explorer still on your task bar?
Antonykun Antonykun has trouble with letting go of old things, hence ha ♥ for Wrys-kun.

i can't wait to skip that banner

edit:
the rhajat quotes are literally just tharja's. like, they even mention plegia and stuff. i'm not sold on her being on the banner nvm just saw the art for her so she's definitely in. lmao why

it looks like soleil got fujiwara ryo'd lmao rip

also, i think i saw a firesweep sword. i'll finally have to build a hana now
idk but the art is pretty nice for all of them with Rhajat probably being the weakest bcuz heaux4pay. Firesweep Sword sounds cool at least and seems likely to make Soleil stand out. It looks like Rhajat is another gronblader gorl. I don't really care to pull on the banner tho.

I think the coolest part are the staff upgrades, allowing us to give them Wrathful Staff 3 or Dazzling Staff 3. The MT is actually pretty good now and the effects are relevant. The problem still remains that healers aren't fully viable to be attackers stat wise, but being able to have Wrathful Staff AND Dazzling Staff/Teleports is pretty damn good. Also lmao Absorb+ can heal adjacent allies for 21HP max pls ban ok thnx. Serra waifu 2 OP pls ban ban ban thnx.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Antonykun Antonykun has trouble with letting go of old things, hence ha ♥ for Wrys-kun.

idk but the art is pretty nice for all of them with Rhajat probably being the weakest bcuz heaux4pay. Firesweep Sword sounds cool at least and seems likely to make Soleil stand out. It looks like Rhajat is another gronblader gorl. I don't really care to pull on the banner tho.

I think the coolest part are the staff upgrades, allowing us to give them Wrathful Staff 3 or Dazzling Staff 3. The MT is actually pretty good now and the effects are relevant. The problem still remains that healers aren't fully viable to be attackers stat wise, but being able to have Wrathful Staff AND Dazzling Staff/Teleports is pretty damn good. Also lmao Absorb+ can heal adjacent allies for 21HP max pls ban ok thnx. Serra waifu 2 OP pls ban ban ban thnx.
Soleil’s face is terrible and I don’t like looking at her because of it

Idk if you saw my edit, but Shiro and Siegbert have Swift Sparrow 2 built into their weapons. Rhajat just has Keen Gronnwolf+

I also am super excited about the healer buffs. Praise the lord that my Priscilla can now run Wrathful Staff + Wings of Mercy or even WS+Dazzling Staff. Once I max out her SP (currently at 8.1k after buying the new healer skills), I’ll merge my original +spd -atk Priscilla into the 5* +spd -def one I pulled from the Halloween banner a while ago. My gorl deserves to shine

I’m super nervous about the legendary banner. After doing all of the book 2 chapters on all of the difficulties, I’m up to 111 orbs. Spring Camilla please come home ilysm

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Soleil’s face is terrible and I don’t like looking at her because of it

Idk if you saw my edit, but Shiro and Siegbert have Swift Sparrow 2 built into their weapons. Rhajat just has Keen Gronnwolf+

I also am super excited about the healer buffs. Praise the lord that my Priscilla can now run Wrathful Staff + Wings of Mercy or even WS+Dazzling Staff. Once I max out her SP (currently at 8.1k after buying the new healer skills), I’ll merge my original +spd -atk Priscilla into the 5* +spd -def one I pulled from the Halloween banner a while ago. My gorl deserves to shine

I’m super nervous about the legendary banner. After doing all of the book 2 chapters on all of the difficulties, I’m up to 111 orbs. Spring Camilla please come home ilysm
So Bertyboy will probably be a faster Xander and Shiro will probably be Ephraim -ATK/+SPD? They probably have higher BST like other "special" or "chosen" units. w/e I'll just wait until the data is out. Either way I don't have any specific interest in them as characters. Mitama or Nina when???

Last time you gave me your blessings and I got 2 H!Sakuras in one pull, so, like, it must be a thing from the Sass Gawdess herself if we give our blessings to each other. is that how it works pls help me understand the science behind dis ok

Good luck getting S!Camilla.
:secretkpop::4zelda::secretkpop::4zelda::secretkpop:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I think level 10-12 was the usual area I promoted my units. You can wait a bit more, but usually leveling between levels 15-20 takes way too long to justify and you should just promote at that point. You don't see swamps until Act 4 and by that point Genny should be promoted anyways so there's no rush.
On the subject of who you should pitchfork, Lukas or Forsyth should ABSOLUTELY get one of them to reclass to a Mercenary. I personally went with Forsyth since he was lacking behind Lukas for me and his quotes are gold. I'd go with Forsyth for you as well since it seems like your Lukas' luck has turned around for the better. But it doesn't matter too much as to which one you pick because both of them turn into absolute monsters that will kill everything on the enemy team when they reach Dread Fighter so yeah. The best time to reclass them would be right after you promote them to Baron so they can get a few extra stats to help them out before going all the way down to Villager (and in this case, you would most likely want to promote them ASAP since being in the lower classes when you'll most likely be in Act 3 can hurt quite a bit). I never ended up using the other 2 pitchforks but I've heard good remarks about forking Est, so maybe you could consider giving one to her.

But really, Forsyth has amazing lines.
I'M A FORSYTH TO BE RECKONED WITH! FACE IT, MY INSTINCTS ARE SUPERIOR!
Forsyth in Heroes when

Edit: Page steal. This page is now dedicated to Kokichi, but dressed up as a maid while holding a chainsaw.
-snip-
idk the Internet is weird
Yeah, for regular play, I think 10-12 seems reasonable, but I'm still leaning towards around level 20 for the clerics, mages, and of course, Alm and Celica since they don't have a third promotion without DLC. I'm fine with grinding, especially knowing it's not that terrible, so I might level up Genny to level 20 as a cleric if she's behind and it's close to Act 4.

I remember reading that Dread Fighters are busted in this game and that's not just because they can loop villager to DF over and over for stat gains. Anyway, considering knights tend to struggle, if I really want to use both of them, I might have both of them reclass into something else. Including the free DLC, the game gives us like 5? Pitchforks. I think we're up to 3 from the Mila's Bounty DLC now and 2 come from main game somewhere. Probably not going to loop, but having both of them be mercenaries could be a safe if that post-game dungeon really is that difficult. Forsyth's growths seem like he could be anything and he'd do well. Except mage since he only learns 3 spells and none of them are outstanding in any way.

Lukas's stats were more of I grinded him to level 20 and save-scummed to make sure he gained defense or a decent level up like I'm sure he gained 1 resistance during that grind. Dude's ahead of everyone, but Kliff and kind of Faye. Had Faye managed a couple more attack gains when she got to level 10 as a cleric, she could have done +2 damage against Desaix. Kliff has like 19 Atk, 13 Skill, and 16 Spd. Those two got really lucky while leveling them up to level 10 as villagers and reclassing them. Even if I hadn't overleveled them, level 1 archer Kliff already had better stats than Python or anyone else for that matter and level 1 cleric Faye would kind of have been a bulkier Silque.

On a side note, i promote ASAP regardless of the game, because i hate the "right way" of waiting to Lv.20. Takes too long, especially for healers.
If possible and this mainly goes for Awakening, Birthright and Revelations?, Sacred Stones, and Gaiden/Shadows of Valentia, I try to level up everyone even if I don't like them so they can be deployed if I need them. Another reason for this is also to get supports since I enjoy reading or in SoV's case, listening to them.

Anyway, I've read the opposite where Lukas is considered better than Forsyth because of his availability. Then again, the person who argued for it was mainly talking about efficiency. Essentially, I think it's that Lukas would be more useful for early game than Forsyth who as soldiers, become less reliable compared to the cavaliers, fliers, clerics with Rescue or Warp, and in this game, the archers. For other reasons, I think this is like a Benny and Effie situation; Lukas usually won't end up being good offensively, but he'd be a physical wall while Forsyth would be stronger offensively, but unless you reclass him or Lukas, then he's stuck with 4 movement.

Everything I've been hearing about Celica's route even before playing the game makes it seem like it's hell. Here's a bunch of mages and a mercenary who is pretty bulky from what I remember reading. At a certain point, the game throws you Valbar who's supposed to be the physical wall on a map where you need one except they also throw mages at you, so... yeah...

Anyway, I got Dracoshield Sunday night.
It took a couple of tries where after searching for why Slayde kept running into Clive when he was at low health and dying, I found out that I took too long moving the units from the right side of the fortress and into the courtyard. Since Pass isn't a thing, Slayde can't move through the single file line of all my other units and Clive blocking the shortest path to the healing tiles meant he'd go towards Clive rather than around. Once I found that out, it went successfully except for an incident where Slayde went back to attack Clive and barely lived. I thought he got blocked again because of how Desaix and my units clumped together. I think it was or Slayde was at a point where he would always try to go back. Used Mila's Turnwheel, rearranged some units, and let Slayde attack Clive knowing he wouldn't die. Freed up the spot afterwards by using Faye to Rescue Slayde as a precaution in case he'd still attack Clive and not just rush towards the healing tile. Clive blocked him later again by tanking the knight, baron... I don't remember what the armor dude's name was and Desaix was defeated, Dracoshield obtained, and the map was ended after having Tobin deal with the armor dude.

I am really enjoying SoV so far. I love the different animations for attacking, blocking, and dodging; I love the voice-acting, especially the supports being completely voice-acted, and archers having 1-3 range by default is pretty awesome. Playing SoV has made me like Lukas even more. At first, he was just the soldier in red who was in Heroes, then he became a freaking wall when he showed up as a +Def, -Spd 5* unit, and now, experiencing the game where he has actual interactions, he's definitely at the top of my list of favorite characters. For the other characters of Act 1, I like Tobin a bit more and I'm even more disappointed that he's a sword unit in Heroes after seeing him in action as a mage and having seen what he could do as an archer; Clair's absolutely hilarious and so is Python: "Fine, twist my arm." Having found out Python was voiced by Doug Erholtz, the voice of Squall Leonhart, around when the game came out, and hearing a bit of his supports, I knew I'd like him. So far, I like him even more. Also, young Faye is adorable. Her fixation on Alm, however...

The negative: Slayde. I hate this asshole. The developers did a great job making him as unlikable as possible. The moment he showed up, Slayde went straight to I want to kick this dude's knees in. Then his shenanigans while I was trying to get the Dracoshield. Hilariously, I wanted him to live so I'd have time to take down Desaix, but nope. Gray misses him leaving him at enough HP where another battle with Gray would lead to his death, running into Clive or Gray because he can't wait in line, and making me feel like I would have had to try again when everything was going so well.

Edit: Legendary Heroes banner is up.
3* Azama: +Atk, -Res.

5* Celica: +Res, -HP. Hey, I kind of paid for her. :p

5* Deirdre: +Def, -Res. Yay! Her (chibi sprite's) hair looks so fluffy.

5* Ike #1: +Def, -HP.

4* Lucius: +Atk, -Spd. I'm pretty sure I have another one with the same boon/bane.
4* Abel: +Def, -Res.

4* regular Caeda: +Spd, -Atk. Why? The first one was -Spd... Guess she'll pull a Tharja where the third Caeda will be =Atk and =Spd.

5* Ike #2: +Res, -HP. Guess I'll save you for Heavy Blade 3 on someone.

3* Lon'qu: neutral.

4* Serra: +Res, -Atk.

I got 2 of the 4 characters I wanted the most for practicality's sake: Celica and Deirdre. I want more, different red mages and I wanted a high resistance green mage and more green units in general. That just leaves spring Camilla and Hector. I don't have a flying mage and Sheena is my only axe knight. For characters that I just want, then that leaves Ayra, bride Caeda, bride Cordelia, and spring Xander since Ike showed up.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
@ gorls summoning for Genny to use ha as Wrathful Staff fodder, from what I've seen it looks like forged staves can get either Wrathful Staff or Dazzling Staff built-in to the weapon. I'm not 100% sure on this but if it's true then you should skip colorless unless you really want B!Lyn or Bridelia. Or you can get Genny to use her since she's adorable, which is entirely acceptable as well.
My free summon on the banner was another Deirdre lel. +Atk -Res which is pretty bad since she's a Res tank and Spd Ploy thrives off of Res, so I'm keeping my neutral one and the new one will most likely end up as Spd Ploy fodder for someone.
Everything I've been hearing about Celica's route even before playing the game makes it seem like it's hell.
I mean, it could've been designed a lot better, but I love it. It's a masochistic love since almost every map there has to have some kind of gimmick, but that's what made it interesting to me. Alm's route is mostly just open fields with little variation (some of the fields are reused a few times) with the occasional castle. Nuibaba's Abode was neat tho
It's really not as bad as people make it sound.
I remember reading that Dread Fighters are busted in this game and that's not just because they can loop villager to DF over and over for stat gains. Anyway, considering knights tend to struggle, if I really want to use both of them, I might have both of them reclass into something else. Including the free DLC, the game gives us like 5? Pitchforks. I think we're up to 3 from the Mila's Bounty DLC now and 2 come from main game somewhere.
I'm almost certain that there's only 3 pitchforks, all of which are from the DLC. You don't find any in the game unless they're hidden well and I never found them.
Dread Fighters are indeed the best class in the game by far. Their statlines are fantastic and they have 2 personal skills that, when combined, grant you a bonus 9 Res. In a game with plenty of mages and when a Res growth of 3% is considered amazing, it helps out a lot. Alm's route doesn't include any DF's, so you either need to promote one of your Villagers to a Mercenary, or pitchfork someone off. Celica gets 3 whole Mercenaries in her route, plus Deen if you end up picking him over Sonya, AND there's Atlus who's another Villager that you can reclass to a Mercenary (but you shouldn't since Celica is overloaded with them anyways) so you don't need to worry about that on Celica's team.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
So Bertyboy will probably be a faster Xander and Shiro will probably be Ephraim -ATK/+SPD? They probably have higher BST like other "special" or "chosen" units. w/e I'll just wait until the data is out. Either way I don't have any specific interest in them as characters. Mitama or Nina when???

Last time you gave me your blessings and I got 2 H!Sakuras in one pull, so, like, it must be a thing from the Sass Gawdess herself if we give our blessings to each other. is that how it works pls help me understand the science behind dis ok

Good luck getting S!Camilla.
:secretkpop::4zelda::secretkpop::4zelda::secretkpop:
I totally misread Shiro’s weapon effect. His has a version of Steady Blow (+4 atk/def, but when the foe is initiating), not Swift Sparrow. Siegbert does have SS2 tho on his weapon

Thank you for your blessing, gorl, because I literally pulled Camilla on the first green orb I saw. She’s +res -def, but idc because she’s the only mage flier I have that isn’t -atk. I also got a Hector (he’s +def -res but idc because he’s just going to be DC fodder) and a +spd -hp Bridal Caeda, which is better than my +spd -res one. I’d like a Spring Marx, but idk if I’ll be able to get him

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning gorls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just had my tutorial with my TA this morning. I'll be going through my online Marked Assessment this week which is all about Radio Signals and whatnot, then going through the main Tutor Marked Assessment next week. All has to be done before the 14th of December. Wish me luck girls!

I have so many questions

and probably want none of them answered
It's at a certain point in life where you realize that humanity was a mistake. This is that point.
I remember finding one ship that makes absolutely zero sense and it actually made me hate said ship as well. It was a ship of Sora from Kingdom Hearts and they were paired with Madoka from Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

And I'll just say, it makes me angry. :V (Don't you dare do this to Homura.)

But anyway, getting away from that abomination of a ship; I'm getting close to unlocking Female Robin in Warriors; just gotta beat some of these other stages now in the Awakening History Mode. And I'm almost done with collecting all of the scrolls from Anna for the Awakening Picture as well. :yeahboi:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Gonna be trying for Soleil and hopefully Siegbert doesn't spook her. Shiro is cool. Rhajat is a pile of ****.

Don't worry, it's alright to have bad opinions.

Soleil’s face is terrible
I mean, i love Soleil, but not gonna lie, her face is kinda off. Thankfully, it's just for her idle art. Her battle art is much better, and you'll be seeing it 90% of the time.

If possible and this mainly goes for Awakening, Birthright and Revelations?, Sacred Stones, and Gaiden/Shadows of Valentia, I try to level up everyone even if I don't like them so they can be deployed if I need them.
I mean, in Awakening, you just need to pair up Robin with Frederick and then eventually Chrom and you just win the game. Yeah, Awakening's gameplay is bad. But it isn't the atrocious mess that is FE4's gameplay.

Everything I've been hearing about Celica's route even before playing the game makes it seem like it's hell.
Most of Celica's route is fine, it's just the desert maps that suck. The swamp maps are trivialized by the Whitewings. Still, these maps are much better than any of FE4's maps.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
After a Hector, a Fjorm, and 3 Mama!Julias, I think it's clear that the gacha gods are not going to give me another Spring Camilla.

@ gorls summoning for Genny to use ha as Wrathful Staff fodder, from what I've seen it looks like forged staves can get either Wrathful Staff or Dazzling Staff built-in to the weapon. I'm not 100% sure on this but if it's true then you should skip colorless unless you really want B!Lyn or Bridelia. Or you can get Genny to use her since she's adorable, which is entirely acceptable as well.
That would be me; if that's true that's pretty annoying, but one of them was +ATK so...I guess I could always make her a +2 Genny?

I have so many questions

and probably want none of them answered
It's a rule of the internet. If it exists, someone ships Spiderman with them. Or Sailor Moon. It's weird like that.

At least it isn't Mpreg HarryxVoldemort.

But it isn't the atrocious mess that is FE4's gameplay.
Wait, FE4?

That's...Genealogy of the Holy War, isn't it?

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Wait, FE4?

That's...Genealogy of the Holy War, isn't it?
Yep. People regard it as one of the best Fire Emblem games.....and i heavily disagree. The story is good, yes, but the gameplay is an atrocious mess. Thracia 776 is marginally better. It's a bit more balanced than FE4, but it still throws a lot of BS at you that makes the game not fun for someone going in blind.

These factors are why i consider the Jugdral games to be the worst Fire Emblem games.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Microsoft Edge came with my laptop and it takes more effort to get rid of it than the amount of harm it could make from just standing there

also i made an imgur gallery with all my pulls today
https://imgur.com/a/EGAYj

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Just finished building my favorite gorl
0FEAF1F1-EC21-41DC-8DDE-90BCB2BEFE48.png
+res with summoner support actually gives her decent mixed bulk. I’ll have to give her either the DD3 or Deflect Magic seal to further enhance that

She’s such a cool unit. I’m so glad I pulled her<3

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
The obnoxious thing about Spring Camilla is that Green Egg is a godawful weapon on her, she lacks the res to be tanking enough for green egg to be useful once in a while

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I totally misread Shiro’s weapon effect. His has a version of Steady Blow (+4 atk/def, but when the foe is initiating), not Swift Sparrow. Siegbert does have SS2 tho on his weapon

Thank you for your blessing, gorl, because I literally pulled Camilla on the first green orb I saw. She’s +res -def, but idc because she’s the only mage flier I have that isn’t -atk. I also got a Hector (he’s +def -res but idc because he’s just going to be DC fodder) and a +spd -hp Bridal Caeda, which is better than my +spd -res one. I’d like a Spring Marx, but idk if I’ll be able to get him
I T • W O R K S • P R A I S E • B E • T O • T H E • S A S S • G A W D E S S

That's the same Camilla I have. She's basically impossible to screw over with IVs since she can nuke with Gronnblade and she's weirdly bulky. I just gave her Death Blow 3 but I guess she can use TA3+Gronnraven too. I didn't get a single 5* yet and I'm at 10% appearance rate, but one's gotta come soon. I was hoping to get 1 or 2 fodders tbh. QR3 for the most part, but Distant Counter for more flexibility if any other good armors come along. I love my +10 Hector since I can use him to cheese challenges with his incredible manliness, but also that's a ****ing bunch of Distant Counters.

I MAKE THESE MISTAKES SO NONE OF YOU GORLS HAVE TO (don't +10 rip).

edit: WARRIOR MAPS? YEEEEE GOOOOOOORRRRRLLLLLLLL. tbh they should just let us keep them but make it so they do not give EXP after being completed. They can make a subsection in the Training Tower and just label them "SP Training" or something. This way gorls have to use the normal Training Tower to farm badges/crystals/level up and then they have a separate SP farm.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm almost certain that there's only 3 pitchforks, all of which are from the DLC. You don't find any in the game unless they're hidden well and I never found them.
Dread Fighters are indeed the best class in the game by far. Their statlines are fantastic and they have 2 personal skills that, when combined, grant you a bonus 9 Res. In a game with plenty of mages and when a Res growth of 3% is considered amazing, it helps out a lot. Alm's route doesn't include any DF's, so you either need to promote one of your Villagers to a Mercenary, or pitchfork someone off. Celica gets 3 whole Mercenaries in her route, plus Deen if you end up picking him over Sonya, AND there's Atlus who's another Villager that you can reclass to a Mercenary (but you shouldn't since Celica is overloaded with them anyways) so you don't need to worry about that on Celica's team.
Oh, I think I misread something thinking that there were 2 in the game and 3 from the DLC. Nope, it's just 3 from the DLC so far. I'm not sure how far SoV will go with DLC.

Speaking of Atlas, I think I'm going to make him into a cavalier since Conrad apparently comes in late and he wouldn't have much competition by then. Mercenary would fix his low speed, but like you said there's 3 to 4 of them. Mage gives him access to Rescue as a mage and he hits pretty hard, but like with mercenary there's 3 to 4 of them and unlike Tobin or Kilff, Atlas doesn't have a high base speed or speed growth. Archer Atlas would compete with Leon where he'd hit harder, but Leon would be more accurate and faster. Soldier Atlas doesn't seem like a good idea for Celica's route.

I mean, in Awakening, you just need to pair up Robin with Frederick and then eventually Chrom and you just win the game. Yeah, Awakening's gameplay is bad. But it isn't the atrocious mess that is FE4's gameplay.
It's mostly about the enemy exclusive skills that are better versions of what you can get assuming the unit you're using can even get it and the randomness of it all can screw you over hard, especially in the beginning. Getting pass that and grinding makes it easier, but early game should not be that stupid.

Anyway, slipped my mind last night, but I forgot about Silque. I really like her voice and so far, she and Python my favorite full health select quotes. The way she says, "The Mother walks with me", sounds so soothing. I've heard Genny's "I'm ready to roll!" before from a video with not so great sound, so I want to hear it from the game itself when I get to Act 2. Was busy yesterday, so I haven't gone to the castle after defeating Desaix on Sunday night. Also excited about hearing Mae's quotes.

I wished Genny had "I'm ready to roll!" in Heroes and I would love it if Python has "Fine, twist my arm" and Silque has her, "The Mother walks with me".

Moving onto FE Heroes. I summoned two more times. I got spring Xander and my first 4* Effie.
4* Lukas: +Def, -Res.

4* Niles: +Spd, -Res. Seriously, why? Why can't you not be -Res or -Spd whenever you show up?

4* Nino: +Def, -Spd.

4* Selena: +Def, -Atk. Ew...

5* spring Xander: +Atk, -HP.
3* F!Corrin: +Res, -Def.

4* Effie: +Spd, -Def. Okay, well that sucks.

3* Eliwood: +HP, -Spd.

3* Gordin: +Res, -Def. Great, another disappointment. Every time, every time! -Atk, -Def, or -HP.

3* Oboro: +Res, -HP.

I just noticed that the Legendary Heroes banner ends in 5 days. I might do two more summons. Not now, but later. So, for the Weapon Refinery, I'm not sure if gamepedia has everything up, but there's a thread on Reddit that does: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...5/upgraded_weapon_effects_compilation_thread/.

All pretty good and I'm going to start with things I wish were different and/or are disappointing to me. The first one is that you can't get the other versions of the evolved legendary weapons on the other characters. That is to say, I can't have Sonya inherit Excalibur and I'm not sure, but I think Merric can have both of them. Dark Excalibur is more practical, but Sonya's better offenses could make her a stronger Excalibur mage than Merric. This might change considering the Refinery was just introduced, but I wished it was implemented already since some of the versions are different enough that they have unique niches. Blazing Durandal is strictly superior than Durandal, but Aura and Dark Aura, Excalibur and Dark Excalibur, Naga and Divine Naga, and even Tyrfing and Divine Tyrfing do have their differences. Which leads to something else: you can't refine the regular versions.

For one, Naga could have been refined and Julia could have a stronger defense and resistance boost when attacked. +2 Def/Res is okay, but imagine a forged Naga with +4 or even +6 Def/Res when attacked. A similar case goes to Assassin's Bow which can't be refined and you can only evolve it meaning you lose its Daggerbreaker EX for Distant Def 3. +6 Def/Res when attacked at range is awesome and I can see Faye (high overall bulk), Gordin (extreme defense), and the mage tanks use it well, but knowing that it loses out on its Daggerbreaker as niche as it is and arguably busted with Distant Def 3, I wished Guard Bow was its own thing that was introduced later. I wonder if this means we'll see Guard Naginata and other like weapons?

Moving on, I don't like Hauteclere's unique effect being +10 special damage. I hoped it would have gained Renewal 2 because that's what it has in its home games and would allow Michalis and Minerva to be very bulky with Fury 3. +10 special damage by default doesn't even work with them since AoE specials don't count and Minerva has Sacred Cowl. Yes, you can give them Bonfire or whatever, but still.

Now, to the weapons that stand out to me: Mystletainn getting Fury 3 as its unique effect is so dumb. +12 Atk/Spd/Def/Res with his default kit and with =HP, he would drop to 33 HP after a round of combat which is below 75% HP assuming he takes no damage. He'd be able to abuse Desperation and Vantage so hard. Desperation and a Brash Assault seal Eldigan with Fury forged Mystletainn.

Sol Katti apparently gets Desperation 3 and Brash Assault EX, so Lyn only wants Wrath if she's running a forged Sol Katti. At <= 75% health, forged Sol Katti's Desperation 3 and Brash Assault EX and as a B-skill, Wrath 3 would all be in effect.

Deathly Dagger and Fujin Yumi's unique effects are awesome. Mages can't counterattack Jaffar and he gains better debuffing while Takumi becomes very mobile.

Also, the Breaths all being able to target the lower of the defensive stats are neat and along with the anti-cavalry weapons being able to negate cavalry buffs and Berkut, Clarisse, Legion's weapons having improved effects.

The Fates kids...
Apparently they have boosted stats. I am really getting sick of this. Sure, they and others placed high in the votes, but seriously, characters don't need higher stats to be good. BH Ike and Lyn were fine because they were the winners and I'm okay with Ayra and Sigurd since they're supposedly obscure characters who managed to place very well along with Sigurd being a lord and the only prepromoted lord in FE so far. Everyone else? No. Absolutely not unless they're a trainee/villager which at this point means almost nothing now. Trainee and villagers aren't special anymore. Even for the kids, I'm saying no despite them usually having better stats than their parents. If that's the case, then why didn't PA Inigo, Julia, Lucina, Seliph, or PA Shigure have higher stats? They're kid units in their games unlike Laslow, Odin, and Selena who while being the kids of Awakening characters, they're regular units in Fates. Ditto with Roy who is Eliwood's son, but he's a normal lord in Binding Blade.

Rhajat has 36 HP, 35 Atk, 34 Spd, 21 Def, and 24 Res (150 BST). She's the most grounded of the four since she only has 2-3 extra stat points which makes me feel like she's probably going to be 4* to 5* summonable. Still, she could have been fine with regular ranged BST.

Siegbert has 41 HP, 34 Atk, 35 Spd, 31 Def, and 16 Res (157 BST). Inheriting Heavy Blade onto him makes him a better BH Roy. Blazing Durandal gives BH Roy 35/34 effective base offenses. With Blazing Durandal's Mt and Swift Sparrow, he'd have 55/38 on initiation. Siegbert's Dark Greatsword has Swift Sparrow 2, so he'd have 54/39 on initiation. BH Roy will always have 1 more attack as =Atk or +Atk while Siegbert will always be faster as =Spd or +Spd. He also has much better physical bulk

Shiro has 41 HP, 35 Atk, 30 Spd, 35 Def, and 22 Res (163 BST). RIP Donnel, Oboro, and Sharena. Donnel already made Oboro look bad, but here's Shiro with a personal weapon. For Sharena, he's slower than her by 2 speed, but he has access to boons and banes, so +Spd Shiro would be faster than Sharena and he's much more physically bulkier than her. Sharena still has the advantage of being a regular arena bonus unit.

Soleil has 37 HP, 38 Atk, 35 Spd, 28 Def, and 24 Res (162 BST). She's the first unit with 73 total neutral offenses. What the hell are those offenses. Her strength growth is high in Fates from what I read, but seriously? 38/35 offenses? +Atk Soleil can have 41/35 offenses while +Spd Soleil has 38/38 offenses. She's Hana on steroids.

Ugh... Whatever. Of the four, I would want Rhajat and Shiro the most. For Rhajat, I want more green 5* units and I like her art. For Shiro, Kaiji Tang. That is all. Siegbert and Soleil are nice, but there's so many sword units. In the case of Siegbert, axe cavalry is screwed when not only do that not have someone with boosted stats or a legendary weapon, they don't even have a Cain-like unit with +32/32 offenses or even Cain's balanced stats since Frederick and Gunter are slow, bulky, and hard-hitting and Titania leans towards magic tank at the cost of her attack and HP.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
That would be me; if that's true that's pretty annoying, but one of them was +ATK so...I guess I could always make her a +2 Genny?
You can still fodder WS off and then forge the staff of whoever got it to have Dazzling Staff to have the equivalent of a Firesweep Staff that lets you still attack during the enemy phase as well.
But yes you should keep the +Atk Genny and cherish her.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
The name of your first tab is the answer to the second

I thought I was going to be playing the last chapter of KIU today, but I got a surprise. The chapter is called Lord Of The Underworld and it involves fighting through Hades's stomach because he swallowed you. The chapter ends with you defeating Hades's heart being rescued by Dark Pit on a chariot. This game is wild and I love it.

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Uprising is sakurai's best game fite me

Used 170 orbs, pulled only gray and I'm happy with my results. +ATK -res bridelia (the difference between +ATK and -atk is insane), 2 blyns one of them +spd-res, a Genny, and a dedereeeee that showed up when there wasn't any gray orbs. Now I'm wondering whether I should merge a -atk+res into a +def-res or the other way around or to just use both as fodder.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Siegbert has 41 HP, 34 Atk, 35 Spd, 31 Def, and 16 Res (157 BST). Inheriting Heavy Blade onto him makes him a better BH Roy.
And that's what would prevent him from being a better Brave!Roy imo. Heavy Blade is a great Skill but Siegbert would have to sacrifice his A-Slot for it whereas Brave!Roy has it built-in, and it make him the best Galeforce user because of it.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Welp, pulled the trigger on some BossHiFi B3s. Should show up in a week. Was sort of impulse-y, but they seem to review well above their price bracket.

Beat Mega Man 3. Pretty cool game. Also...probably close to beating Etrian Odyssey 5's postgame, got the level cap raised to lv99 and have a bunch of characters at it, plus a general idea of how I want to approach the final boss, so it's only a matter of working up the motivation to do it at this point. Will probably either start Mega Man 4 or cycle back to Etrian Odyssey 4 after.

I never played Uprising. Maybe I should've. I don't really like Pit though, or characters talking all throughout gameplay in general (my biggest pet peeve with the non-US versions of Gunvolt; worse yet in that game, the dialogue overlay covers way more of the playing area than it should). I think my original reason for passing on it was because it wasn't similar to the original Kid Icarus, which is pretty silly in hindsight considering I wasn't exactly crazy about that game.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
tfw no switch and xenoblade releases this week so I have to make do with dress-up in tekken.

I never played Uprising. Maybe I should've. I don't really like Pit though, or characters talking all throughout gameplay in general (my biggest pet peeve with the non-US versions of Gunvolt; worse yet in that game, the dialogue overlay covers way more of the playing area than it should). I think my original reason for passing on it was because it wasn't similar to the original Kid Icarus, which is pretty silly in hindsight considering I wasn't exactly crazy about that game.
Uprising is definitely worth a playthrough for the story. Its pretty well written and the voice acting is good as well.
Once you get used to the controls it feels very natural and its the closest you'll get to mouse aiming on a console and the combat is actually way deeper than it appears.
There's also a ton of replay value thanks to each chapter being relatively short (around 15-20 minutes each) and since each weapon class plays so differently and weapons inside each weapon class vary greatly as well. Plus weapon crafting allowed a ton of customization and different playstyles.

I'm pretty sure online is full of hackers or dead now which is a shame since I loved and played the **** out of the 3v3 mode.

Defninitely in my top 3 3ds games.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
And that's what would prevent him from being a better Brave!Roy imo. Heavy Blade is a great Skill but Siegbert would have to sacrifice his A-Slot for it whereas Brave!Roy has it built-in, and it make him the best Galeforce user because of it.
I put that in spoilers not because it was long, but because some people prefer not seeing information about things not in the game yet or in this case, characters who aren't summonable at the moment. Moving on...
I think I got blinded by rage at them having higher BST. So, no, Siegbert isn't a better BH Roy. That said, I feel like he's on par with BH Roy and that he is better when it comes to physical units, especially enemy phase against them at the cost of terrible resistance.

As a review, Siegbert has 41 HP, 34 Atk, 35 Spd, 31 Def, and 16 Res (157 BST). He has Dark Greatsword which gives +4 Atk/Spd on initiation. With his sword equipped, Siegbert would have 41 HP, 50 Atk, 35 Spd, 31 Def, and 16 Res.

BH Roy has 38 HP, 32 Atk, 34 Spd, 26 Def, and 24 Res (154 BST). He has Blazing Durandal which grants Atk+3 and Heavy Blade 3. With his sword equipped, BH Roy would have 38 HP, 51 Atk, 34 Spd, 26 Def, and 24 Res.

They have essentially the same offenses where the main differences is that Siegbert trades 8 resistance for 5 defense and 3 HP. Heavy Blade is to Siegbert as Swift Sparrow is to BH Roy. Siegbert inheriting Heavy Blade and Galeforce would function the same as BH Roy inheriting Swift Sparrow 2. Also, Desperation since he's fast too. It's expensive, but Siegbert would be just as good as BH Roy at using Galeforce and for some, that's worth it or would be helpful for Arena Assault, Squad Assault, etc..

The other options he'd be looking at are the same as BH Roy: a different Blow skill or either Fury 3 or L&D3. By default, Siegbert has Death Blow, so it's up to you if you want him to have more speed or even defense with the other Blow skills. Heavy Blade just gets added since Dark Greatsword doesn't have it since it's basically another better Durandal where it also gives +4 speed while Blazing Durandal gives Heavy Blade 3.

Anyway, after listening to SoV's "Battle Preparations: Deliverance" and going back and listening to Awakening's "We'd best prepare for combat, just to be safe", I want one for Heroes. There wasn't one because Heroes didn't let you swap character placements in the beginning for some reason, but now, maybe they could add one in the future. "Battle Preparations: Deliverance" is on the top of my favorite tracks in SoV along with "The Sacrifice and the Saint" and "What Lies at the End" that were featured in Heroes and "The Heritors of Arcadia" that Cress! mentioned as a great song from SoV.

Top Bottom