• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
17th place in a major of 135 people. WE TAKE THOSE.

Fought a :4fox:guy who is contender for our PR and beat him game 1, but he switched to:4dk: and lost by an inch (WHY DID I TRY TO GRAB TO PUNISH AT HIGH %s I'M DUMB) and then to :4falcon: on Game 3 which triggered me.

In loser's I beat my nemesis Legit247 after winning against his :4dk:, losing to his :4diddy: then bringing it back game 3 with Farore's Wind.

FORGOT TO LINK YOU GORLS TO STREAM TO CHEER ME ON WELP. Played a really solid :4robinf:, the set count was 1-2. I'm gonna see the VOD afterwards and note my mistakes in Game 3 because that was fraudulent lmaoo

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
It's your birthday today? If so then happy birthday! :D
It was a few days ago but thanks :cheep:
Well then! I might as well get out the glorious Norio Wakamoto video again! :secretkpop:

Also, I subscribed to your YT Channel too. :secretkpop:
Um... okay? XP
Thanks for the sub, but all I really post now is Hyrule Warriors and Smash stuff, and I post all of my Smash stuff here so you only need to be if you want Warriors stuff.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Alright sisters, I need your help.

I'm in the process of refurbishing our video thread. What are some fabulous names/titles for a Zelda video thread? Bonus points if you have pretty artwork to go along with it.

inb4trollmemes

D

Deleted member

Alright sisters, I need your help.

I'm in the process of refurbishing our video thread. What are some fabulous names/titles for a Zelda video thread? Bonus points if you have pretty artwork to go along with it.

inb4trollmemes
Here's a lil pic I found:

I couldn't think of a title, but how about something with "AsSASSinations" in it?

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman

Falling on your Sword. A Zelda Win Compilation.

Bag Snatchers. Stolen Victories. Thug Life.

Final Smash Buff Results: A Zelda Video Compendium

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Every time I see Zelda with a sword, I get depressed because it reminds me of Hyrule Warriors Zelda and her rapier.

Then I look at Sm4sh Zelda.

*edit*

The second and fourth pics really fit the whole asSASSinations vibe. The first one is nice too, and the third one has me really curious about what Link's snapshots on the ground are lol

Last edited:

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
The second and fourth pics really fit the whole asSASSinations vibe. The first one is nice too, and the third one has me really curious about what Link's snapshots on the ground are lol
They're Zelda upskirt shots lmao.

I don't really have any ideas to offer for the video thread, but since we're posting Zelda fanart I might as well take the opportunity to share these pretty gems~

:4link:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger

Final Smash Buff Results: A Zelda Video Compendium
I think this picture is very defining of the old, graceful Zelda that used to be the star of the Brawl Zelda boards. Before we ended up adding in 5455 ehrywhere. :^) Final smash buff references are amusing to say the least. Though I'm on mobile so I can't actually see page-wise how big the image is...

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
This was the picture I planned to use originally, what do you girls think? It's a gif tho so idk.

- Final Smash Buff Results: A Zelda Video Compendium
- Of Nayru's Grace and asSASSinations: A Zelda Video Compendium
- more title ideas go here.

Last edited:

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
Every time I see Zelda with a sword, I get depressed because it reminds me of Hyrule Warriors Zelda and her rapier.

*edit*

The third image was the first one that came to mind when you asked for Zelda victory images.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

It makes me sad that the Smash versions of the Zelda characters will be nowhere near as cool as they're Hyrule Warriors selves.
That Ganondorf.

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
I made a quick tier list because and it makes me angry to see how low I rated my own characters.

There's so much of my own opinion I don't agree with, and for some characters I don't feel I know enough to have an opinion on, but I'd be upset with myself if I didn't include them. This tier list maker is a tool of the devil.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Tournament was a huge success. Leffen saying on Twitter on how well organized Melee was, the other Melee players loved it, ANTi was hype, everyone in general had a great time. Heck, MANGO was watching our stream and hosting it on his stream, we got like 8K views on Melee, which was hype af. People have also said it was run better than Northwest Majors, which IMO is quite an accomplishment.

Another part I really liked was how much recognition I personally got for our tournament. Praised for being a great TO as well as being an amazing Zelda. I'll admit I won't be getting national or worldwide recognition with my play, and I'll most surely not be a top player, but hearing people from the new guys to the people that actually beat me in bracket really respect my decision to use this trash character actually motivates me to keep going with her, which is why I will stupidly not drop her or trash 4. THE PEOPLE GIVE ME STRENGTH. And yeah, my TO skills are good bc loud voice and good planning ayy

Also, got a pic with HomeMadeWaffles and SFAT, they were super chill and nice and cool people
image.jpeg

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Afternoon girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Getting some progress done on my University work, onto the creative processing part. Where I've already come up with some ideas, just spoke about it with my mother and a friend of mine as well. So I kind of had a creative session. :V

Also, I see KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer has a Flamedramon avatar. :yeahboi:
It's kinda ironic, since I'm listening to a remix of the Boss Battle theme from Digimon World 2003.

Also, we were posting Zelda pics? Might as well do late than never! :secretkpop:

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Had the most fun playing Tr4sh yesterday since Beast tbh.

Still hate the game but I think I might become the bracket troll of the scene

Afternoon girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Getting some progress done on my University work, onto the creative processing part. Where I've already come up with some ideas, just spoke about it with my mother and a friend of mine as well. So I kind of had a creative session. :V

Also, I see KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer has a Flamedramon avatar. :yeahboi:
It's kinda ironic, since I'm listening to a remix of the Boss Battle theme from Digimon World 2003.

Also, we were posting Zelda pics? Might as well do late than never! :secretkpop:

The third pic made me chuckle :^)

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
KingKong?
Nah, it's a guy named Angis. The thing is though he was playing Charizard the first 3 games and was up 2-1. He used Bowser 4th game and was losing in percentage, but when he grabbed ANTi with SideB, ANTi decided to control him offstage and kill both of them, as Bowser usually loses in that situation according to the game.

THE GAME WAS STUPID THOUGH AND MADE IT A TIE AND ACCORDING TO TOURNEY RULES THE INSTIGATOR WINS SO LOL REKT

It was offstream because I was playing on stream at the time so I feel bad rip

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I've managed to locate all of Elma's Heart-to-Hearts. And they're pretty nice.

Especially her 2nd Heart-to-Heart. I seriously wanted to select the 3rd option that was available. D:
But I thought not to. Dammit Elma! :c

SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4

Congrats and well done :]

So have any of the matches you played changed your mind on some match ups or you feel that your opinions haven't changed yet?

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4

Congrats and well done :]

So have any of the matches you played changed your mind on some match ups or you feel that your opinions haven't changed yet?
Thanks!

Not much has really changed, but now I do think Zelda loses to Samus now, when I thought it was even. Only barely though, simply because Samus still has to grind really hard to get the kill, whereas Zelda with the right mentality can just take all the hits and wait for a mistake to punish and kill. Still think Ganondorf and Duck Hunt are even. Fox is still awful.

The funny thing is that the Robin that I got eliminated by actually knew I was the guy in the Robin social in the past saying that Robin was a bottom 10 character. He asked if I still thought that before our match and I said definitely not haha.

Last edited:
Alright, thanks for answering, Phil~

If you give into tier ****ing, you have my S rank support ;^)

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Phil, tell me how not to lose interest in TOing, I've been feeling unmotivated to keep doing it lately.
Mostly because it hinders my performance as a player.
Because I never get the chance to practice.
:196:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Alright, thanks for answering, Phil~

If you give into tier ****ing, you have my S rank support ;^)
no thx babe
Phil, tell me how not to lose interest in TOing, I've been feeling unmotivated to keep doing it lately.
Mostly because it hinders my performance as a player.
Because I never get the chance to practice.
The thing about me is that I'm not incredibly concerned about my own performance in tournaments I personally TO. I actually get super mentally drained if I just keep playing friendlies over and over. So the fact that I'm forced to NOT play as a TO while also following my training regiment of NOT playing actually complements each other quite well. And that I really just want everyone to have a great time in the tournament. If I do bad I'm okay with it as long as I felt good doing what I had to do.

Yesterday was one of those days where in general I was really happy about both the tourney and my decent performance which I guess motivates me to improve in both aspects in the future. I'M WEIRD I KNOW, I ACTUALLY GET BETTER BY NOT PLAYING.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I am the only TO in my town so I think I NEED to be concerned with my performance....

Also, I meant I don't get chances to play AT ALL except tournament games because I don't own a Wii U and people here rarely gather to play anymore.

Thanks for the piece of advice tho.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So, apparently Nintendo accidentally left some information about the final evolutions of the Starters on the Japanese Pokemon Website about Rowlet, Litten and Popplio. :V

Rowlet's gonna stay as a Grass/Flying, Litten is apparently going to be either pure Fire or Fire/Ground, and Popplio apparently will be Water/Fighting.

Now looking back at the acrobatic thing on Popplio. That actually makes a lot of sense, I'd laugh if it learns Jump Kick or Flying Press. :V

Last edited:

KlicKlac

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KlicKlac
random zelda trick: jumping in the air and charging the phantom at a falling opponent can be very effective. the opponent cannot airdodge since you would just hold the phantom charge through the airdodge. This works best if you space yourself and follow the opponents movements so he can't escape out of the phantom's range

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
random zelda trick: jumping in the air and charging the phantom at a falling opponent can be very effective. the opponent cannot airdodge since you would just hold the phantom charge through the airdodge. This works best if you space yourself and follow the opponents movements so he can't escape out of the phantom's range
What do you do when the opponent jumps

KlicKlac

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KlicKlac
What do you do when the opponent jumps
Well you could try to fade back if you know he has his double jump.

But of course, this works particular well if the opponent already burned his double jump. For example you knocked him in the air with a dthrow and he double jumps to escape. Another scenario is when the opponent does a ledge jump back on stage.

Top Bottom