• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

Kamui's toes are so strong that she can walk up and down ladders without using her hands

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Kamui's toes are so strong that she can walk up and down ladders without using her hands
Aren't those stairs? Also, meanwhile, in WTF-land.

And I think someone got confused with corn and onions...

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Aren't those stairs?
With the angle they're tilted at you'd expect them to be stairs, but from the side they sure don't look like stairs.

I consulted some friends about it and we decided they're actually these:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
With the angle they're tilted at you'd expect them to be stairs, but from the side they sure don't look like stairs.

I consulted some friends about it and we decided they're actually these:

everything looks different from the side

D

Deleted member

I legit spent 5 minutes looking at this as a gif, waiting for Kamui to magically walk up the stairs. I only now just realized the character in the picture IS Kamui and not Camilla...

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I legit spent 5 minutes looking at this as a gif, waiting for Kamui to magically walk up the stairs. I only now just realized the character in the picture IS Kamui and not Camilla...
Unfortunately you have to be a 2D sprite to actually move around, even though you're allowed to look around at stuff in 3D just fine and nothing's bound to the d-pad. Thanks Nintendobama.

I had to have hair like big sis for my Nohr playthrough ok

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I've had this song stuck in my head for like, the past three days. Not that I'm complaining but it's kind of a long time.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I had Phantogram's When I'm Small stuck in my head when I remember who played it... Oh, and America's A Horse With No Name, but that was self-inflicted to remember it after hearing it on the radio. There is one song that will probably forever elude me and I think it was an Italian song... I can't even remember it anymore...

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
So are we going to have a new Powerpuff Gorls soon? I've been looking for music for everyone. My results so far :secretkpop:
@CPU 3 if that gorl ever gets their soul back (which we all know will never happen) So I guess McKnightlíght McKnightlíght can have it instead. :/
Macchiato Macchiato
@Nammy12
@Koiba (I'm cheating by reposting someone else already used I'm terrible. ;_; )
But you're terrible for having:rosalina: in your sidebar. :secretkpop:
And I have this one up for grabs, it's absolutely perfect for anyone willing to claim it.
And for Cress! Cress! (Yes I'm summoning myself and idc)
Not really but if I'm giving everyone else videos like this I'll give myself one too.
Do u all like

D

Deleted member

So are we going to have a new Powerpuff Gorls soon? I've been looking for music for everyone. My results so far :secretkpop:
@CPU 3 if that gorl ever gets their soul back (which we all know will never happen) So I guess McKnightlíght McKnightlíght can have it instead. :/
Macchiato Macchiato
@Nammy12
And I have this one up for grabs, it's absolutely perfect for anyone willing to claim it.
Not really but if I'm giving everyone else videos like this I'll give myself one too.
Do u all like
OOOOH I WANNA BE FEATURED IN THIS ONEEEE. I loved the original one :p

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Managed to clean my room today, so I'm happy with that. And watched a bit Gochiusa last night as well, since yesterday felt a bit slow for me. :V

Gonna try and maybe get a few matches in today on Smash with Lucina and maybe Corrin too. Have to wait and see.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Macchiato Macchiato
@Nammy12
Do u all like
Thank you, I appriciate it, but no thanks! I'd rather just pick of of those songs that I really like. I just listen to Indie and Trip Hop nowadays.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Went to the Support Corrin Miiverse page.

And I found this.

So I replied with this.

:secretkpop:

Gonna redraw that in the Support Corrin Miiverse page as its own submission. :yeahboi:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I finally beat Xenoblade CX. I'm tired but here's a short review (general nonspecific spoilers btw)
The graphics were great, especially for such a freaking HUGE world. Good voice acting too. The sound effects were great and the music was okay. Not my style but it wasn't bad either.

There was a TON of content! I did most missions before beating the game and it took me 160 hours to beat once! It's fun too, no artificially lengthening or tedious minigames. Just a huge world to explore and complete missions in.

The characters were hit or miss. Overall a good bunch but nothing ultra remarkable. You also had to raise affinity before accepting certain missions and a few characters really sucked (HB, Bose, Murderess and less so Yelv imo).

The writing and story were expired swiss cheese. It seems like something a middle schooler would write. There were so many plot holes, cliches and obvious oversights. Cinema Sins (youtube channel, check them out) would have to make a 2 parter to cover it. It's hair pulling, head banging bad.

The alien designs were good if you don't count all the humanoid races. And all intelligent life was humanoid. Seriously, I can't remember the name but one race was hot ebony cyborg women. You got your kitty furries, Cha-Cha esk side kicks, and a lot of old star trek 80s make up-on-face-otherwise-human aliens. The human face designs looked like creepy baby dolls, I hated that style.
The robot and creature designs on the other hand were awesome. Cool designs, lots of detail and a wide variety of sizes.

I only played single player so far but even that had great online support with squad missions and rewards. The squad tickets were a great addition and make the game far less tedious. If your squad runs out of time simply go to the social menu and select to join another lifehold squad to keep the tickets flowing.

Overall my rating is 9/10. There's so much fun content that you can mostly overlook the bad aspects and this is coming from someone who really disliked the bad stuff.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
i made a decision

when I get premium I'm going to make my profile The Flea-themed for a month

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
For anyone who still plays Super Mario Maker. I made a new course in that game. :yeahboi:

Bulbasaur's Journey
2B35-0000-01C8-A52F

If anyone wants to have a go at it. :3

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
After sitting down and taking the time to look at how Midna's moveset works, she's becoming one of my favorite HW characters. Same for Ruto, though her normal string's slower than I'd like.

Got the Naginata. Still hate Impa. Fire wall C1 was almost redeeming, but alas. I think it puts her above Wizzro and Agitha for me now, at least.

Dominion Rod is weird and not what I was expecting. Maybe I just need to give it time, but it seems like it falls under the "unorthodox and underwhelming" category.

v1.1 claimed to fix a crash when there's too many 2D elements on the screen but it still happens, rip.

Hi.

oh and Linkle has an Aryll recolor

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
After sitting down and taking the time to look at how Midna's moveset works, she's becoming one of my favorite HW characters. Same for Ruto, though her normal string's slower than I'd like.

Got the Naginata. Still hate Impa. Fire wall C1 was almost redeeming, but alas. I think it puts her above Wizzro and Agitha for me now, at least.

Dominion Rod is weird and not what I was expecting. Maybe I just need to give it time, but it seems like it falls under the "unorthodox and underwhelming" category.

v1.1 claimed to fix a crash when there's too many 2D elements on the screen but it still happens, rip.

Hi.
Still hate Impa.
This sentence...

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572

Hi.

oh and Linkle has an Aryll recolor
Hi!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Impa's my 2nd favorite character to play in HW for the Wii U. I love her fire spear, it's fast, decent at taking out commanders and covers a lot of ground. /imo

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
idk

I'm okay with it against commanders, but she feels worse at roomclearing than most other characters, and the combo attacks other than C1/C2 feel like they take forever to do nothing.

C2's launch-into-exploding-spear-throw is awesome though.

My favorite characters right now are Cia, Lana (Book), Midna, Skull Kid, Ruto, and Ganondorf (Swords+Trident) (you were right @Tubular TTTTTsd)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Impa has a really good chain were she lunges, flips on the spear and slams it down or something (I haven't player for a long time tbh). The main thing though is how quickly Impa with fire spear can flow from one chain to the next. weak attack so many times>strong attack>dodge>repeat goes really fast and covers a large distance as she advances.

As far as how good I think the Wii U HW characters and weapons are:
Sheik w harp, Link w master sword/sword, Impa w fire spear, Zelda w rapier, Link w gauntlets, Garihim come to mind as top tiers but my memory's foggy.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Sheik w harp, Link w master sword/sword, Impa w fire spear, Zelda w rapier, Link w gauntlets, Garihim come to mind as top tiers but my memory's foggy.
Uh... no way are these the best in the game. :p
-Sheik was considered top tier until people realized how pathetic her damage was. "You did a 30 second combo? Cool, but Ganondorf can do more damage with 2 weak attacks,"
-Impa's Naginata is Volga if you took away everything that makes Volga good. Speed, range, damage, combos, reliability, safety, fun and likability.
-Zelda's Rapier just doesn't do much damage. Like Sheik but less combos and safety but able to deal more damage (but it's still not much.)
-Link's Gauntlets are outclassed by the Spinner.
-And I don't know who this GARIHIM fellow is, but there is Ghirahim and he's decent. I wouldn't say top tier but he is really solid.
Top 5 according to most of the internet is Volga, Young Link, Link with Master Sword, Twili Midna, and Ganondorf with Great Blades. (I don't agree with it but I can at least understand why each of them is considered top tier.)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Top 5 according to most of the internet is Volga, Young Link, Link with Master Sword, Twili Midna, and Ganondorf with Great Blades. (I don't agree with it but I can at least understand why each of them is considered top tier.)
So, Lu Bu, I don't know since there isn't a character like Young Link in Dynasty Warriors or Samurai Warriors, Master Sword Link is... uh... Musashi Miyamoto?, Twili Midna... uh... Da Ji?, and Great Blades Ganondorf is Orochi and probably Tadakatsu Honda for Trident, but I don't know about that one.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I'd probably like Ghirahim more if I could figure how to/if he were capable of smashing giant boss WPGs in one go. He's fun though, and feels pretty good at anything else you'd want a character to do.

Giant boss WPGs are kind of why I don't like Twili Midna as much too (that and the cannon being way too good for everything else to the point where it doesn't even feel like I'm playing the game). It feels really bad when a boss gets up with one slice of the pie left and then proceeds to never use their vulnerable attack again until they've cost you your A rank (thanks Phantom Ganon).

Rizen

Smash Legend
Uh... no way are these the best in the game. :p
-Sheik was considered top tier until people realized how pathetic her damage was. "You did a 30 second combo? Cool, but Ganondorf can do more damage with 2 weak attacks,"
-Impa's Naginata is Volga if you took away everything that makes Volga good. Speed, range, damage, combos, reliability, safety, fun and likability.
-Zelda's Rapier just doesn't do much damage. Like Sheik but less combos and safety but able to deal more damage (but it's still not much.)
-Link's Gauntlets are outclassed by the Spinner.
-And I don't know who this GARIHIM fellow is, but there is Ghirahim and he's decent. I wouldn't say top tier but he is really solid.
For the record I have no DLC, so i don't know about that. Also I only have the wii u version.

You're really saying Ganon>shiek? I feel like this is a SSB4 discussion, lol. Ganon is extremely slow in both attacks and movement while sheik's attacks and movement are fast, flow together and she has the best super in the game with huge reach all around her. Harp is amazingly versatile and non-committing. Try doing ganon's lv 2 or 3 sword missions in adventure, he's really slow. You have to be very precise in movement planning. He's great vs bosses though.

I never played the 3 villains so you could be right about volga. Naginata however is very fast and strong with good reach. I also builds the super gauge quickly. You have to think of her like an assassin; weave to each group of enemies, kill and move on. Her attacks happen very fast and have no commitment. You can easily cancel with a dodge and start again anytime.

Rapier isn't great but the light arrow super move is amazing. I admit her damage isn't the best tho.

I never played spinner :/

Ganon's probably better on 3Ds than wii U to be fair. the 3ds version had many changes. He's more mid tier on wiiu. He is strong but his attacks are slow as molasses and don't have any better reach than other faster characters. He also takes forever to go anywhere.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay

This happened to me a little while ago :)

I hope this bayo abuse makes you gorls proud!

:150:

Top Bottom