• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Ripped from Wikipedia
"@ Soul. Soul. (ツンデレ ?, pronounced [tsɯndeɽe]) is an username that describes a Pikachu who is initially cold and even hostile towards Splatoon before gradually showing their warm side over time."

Example sentence:
@warionumbah2 : "@soul. is the edgelord"
ftfy

Soul.

Not sure if you're joking, but considering your view towards anime and its culture, I think I won't be able to help you with your distorted views on "weaboos"
That's funny because I used Japanese characters for my username.
Ripped from Wikipedia
"Tsundere (ツンデレ ?, pronounced [tsɯndeɽe]) is a Japanese character development process that describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person (or thing I suppose) before gradually showing their warm side over time."

Example sentence:
"The way @SBphiloz4 treats and acts around @ Berserker. Berserker. , he must be a tsundere."
"Soul is being hostile towards Splatoon; I can already see a tsundere going on"
...im done bye

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Number one reason to never play Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

Postscript: I want the Isabelle Amiibo.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Bet you can't guess my favorite instrument.
It's bass guitar

ArhyLis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AstralRaptor
3DS FC
5069-4138-6092
@ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght , I remember having one of your bass brethren as a fledgling. Something about you fish always captivated me.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
So I've come to the realization that it feels weird for Link to be a good character. And this patch just gave him tighter DThrow combos.

Urgh.

Last edited:

Latte

Smash Ace
My PS Vita broke. cri meni

But I got a mocha from Starbucks today, so it's kind of okay

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I always thought he was good. I always thought all the sword fighters were good, except Robin
Well, for me it's more that he WAS bad in Brawl (which is the game I have the most competitive experience with) and I'm not used to his projectile game offline (which can both make it tighter and easier to contest directly). He's still cumbered by his poor frame data (though somewhat compensated by his rather impressive range) and predictable recovery. But he DOES have a strong defensive game and good kill power. It just... feels odd to have him be a good character choice I guess (and EL talking about how he beats Marth made me really question how I view him).

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
@ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght , Rizen posted a picture of Bass from Mega Man. I think it's funny that practically everyone in that series kept their music-themed names in the English translation... except Rockman.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I dunno what you're trying to say to me.

Are... Are you angry?

You look angry...
You must not be familiar with the later classic Mega Man games. That's a robot (CPU) named Bass ;) It's like a play-on-words.

Last edited:
Jab 1 changes are amazing. Using Lucina over Marth though since landing tippers is still too difficult for me

Rizen

Smash Legend
and predictable recovery.
I want to clarify this. Link has a ton of mix-ups in his recovery but only if he isn't launched too far or low (fortunately he's a heavy character). Dair has 50 frames of attack, bounces shields/hitboxes and good disjoint; Link can wait then FF it to beat most Uairs. With Link's extreme FF speed he can FF airdodge>tether the ledge for an easy low recovery if the opponent jumps to intercept. He can angle his boomerang or Fair to protect himself and upB has decent disjoint. He also has bombs for added upBs at high %s.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Dang it, I was gonna do that.

.... You win this round.
I'm actually kind of curious if the image in the post will change when you change your avatar.

Anyway found this on @Aerodrome's profile page:

I really,really hope, you won't have any sort of argument with :4sonic::4miibrawl: anymore, he is a good guy actually, but yeah how he express his opinions will made you hate him if you don't agreed with hhim
So if you don't agree with his opinions you will hate him for them. Maybe that's because he's insane?

The logic here makes me want to laugh, cry, and rest simulateously. Good thing I'm getting ready for bed.

Mario# tends to be random at times. He has a pure heart tho but sometimes/most of the time, he doesn't have a clue about whatever's going on.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Mario# tends to be random at times. He has a pure heart tho but sometimes/most of the time, he doesn't have a clue about whatever's going on.
That sounds right from what I've seen of him. I don't think he's a native English speaker (I could he wrong, I've cringed reading school papers written as if the writer was speaking, copious fillers like "like" and all). I almost think he's right about our Rosalini friends but I'm trying to figure why and what all that fact entails (not really, that would he brain cells wasted).

I want to clarify this. Link has a ton of mix-ups in his recovery but only if he isn't launched too far or low (fortunately he's a heavy character). Dair has 50 frames of attack, bounces shields/hitboxes and good disjoint; Link can wait then FF it to beat most Uairs. With Link's extreme FF speed he can FF airdodge>tether the ledge for an easy low recovery if the opponent jumps to intercept. He can angle his boomerang or Fair to protect himself and upB has decent disjoint. He also has bombs for added upBs at high %s.
Link has decent recovery options, I wasn't trying to discount that. He is one of the characters, though, that doesn't have a whole lot of flexibility in his recovery; one good hit offstage and he's likely gone, especially if he was hit at a low angle (if he can recover high he's probably fine). With recovery you have to consider distance, options, character attributes, and safety. Link's distance is average, maybe a little below average. He has good options (I tend to forget to consider tethers when gimping some characters and constantly misjudge their distance). But his attributes kind of screw him with his mediocre air speed and fast falling speed if he has to recover low. Once he's used his double jump if you hit him he's probably gone. Safety depends on the option he chooses. Tether can react faster but lacks defense, while Spin Attack covers him surprisingly well. I guess I consider him easy to gimp (at least on the easier side) thanks to the effort it takes to secure a stock offstage.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542

Though in his defense, he isn't likely a native English speaker (from Taiwan) and people do somewhat similar things on a fairly regular basis.

"Good luck on your date!"
"You too! Wait uhh"

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ Kofu Kofu Link can be easy to gimp if he's hit offstage but this describes most characters. Link's recovery is very versatile with a lot of defensive options and if he's holding a bomb he's guaranteed (except for random bomb drops when hit) a 2nd chance at higher%s. I'd say Link's recovery is gimpable but versatile. If Link's recovery seems predictable the Link player isn't very good (or it's wifail).

Trieste SP

Smash Champion

Though in his defense, he isn't likely a native English speaker (from Taiwan) and people do somewhat similar things on a fairly regular basis.

"Good luck on your date!"
"You too! Wait uhh"
I sorta agree. I stumble through my English when I'm using my native dialect.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
And I don't want to sleep!

It would make the car ride home a little interesting though.

Whenever I have trouble sleeping, I just listen to music, enter a trance then get bored once the boredom kicks in

Last edited:
Top Bottom