• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

What the **** is with Falcon's range anyway? I mean, I main Shulk but crap, those hitboxes reach FAR.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
That poor Bob-omb. .

@ Locke 06 Locke 06
200cc is, whack af.

Pipe Frame/Flame Rider (Any kart or bike with either of those stats) is definitely one of the best options.
Acceleration is also more important in my opinion.
I feel like Light/Middle weight really does shine in 200cc which rocks
:4wendy:

Last edited:
Your best bet against Falcon is if you generally out-range him but that doesn't make it automatically your favor or anything (at best just a slight advantage). His advantaged state is nuts. Like, holy **** his damage output is insane. I wanna know the genius who designed his dash attack, b-air and u-air.

Despite him having like possibly the worst disadvantaged state in the game, I still am not under the belief that he deserves to have those disjoints

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
That poor Bob-omb. .

@ Locke 06 Locke 06
200cc is, whack af.

Pipe Frame/Flame Rider (Any kart or bike with either of those stats) is definitely one of the best options.
Acceleration is also more important in my opinion.
I feel like Light/Middle weight really does shine in 200cc which rocks
:4wendy:
Not that I play MK competitively or anything close, but I find too light makes me able to get bullied off road. That's why I picked the kart in the first place (other than to style in a Mercedes).

I just realized you can brake during drifting. Game changer. This is aaaawesome.

Falcon fanboy logic: Falcon is so strong, the wind is pushed by his HURDUR almighty strength. His strength is so STRONK that the pushed winds are as painful as his fists and elbows and knees DUUUURHAOURfdjiso

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Does Mario's Super Jump Punch have a disjoint on it or is it a result of hugging the ledge's slope and the hitbox not functioning well, so it pulls a Dark Dive through the ledge, but with range comparable to Aether? Also, screw Mario's Dash Attack and Side Smash. I swear his Side Smash is stronger than Falco's.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
if 200cc is for casuals then 150cc must be for 3/4 of a casual :lick:
I'm so glad I could introduce that emote to you. :lick:

On the topic of Pika having worse results than seemingly inferior characters: he kind of has :4gaw: syndrome where his kill options are limited and if you mess up once against a heavy hitter you're screwed. They play pretty differently (G&W has range, disjoints, and damage output while Pikachu has a better projectile, mobility options, and combos) but they both really want to get edgeguards as much as possible because rage really works against them (thankfully both are strong at it).

I thought I'd group characters based on how well I play them and if I want to learn them better. Could be fun.

Indubitably the best::4gaw:
Can use and probably be a threat: :4dedede::4ganondorf::4rob::4villager:
Decent with but needs work: :4bowser::4ludwig::4jigglypuff::4littlemac::4mewtwo::4ness::4wiifitm:
Would like to learn better: :4myfriends::4miigun::4wario2::4pacman::4peach:
Fun but feels incompatible: :4greninja::4kirby::4megaman::4palutena::4tlink:
Zelda Social disease tier: :4zelda:
Fundamentals carry me: :4falcon::4diddy::4dk::4drmario::4link::4mario::4metaknight::4miibrawl::4pikachu::4samus::4sheik::4yoshi:
Duuno lol: :4fox::4lucario::4olimar::4robinm::rosalina::4shulk::4sonic:
How do I shot web: :4charizard::4darkpit::4duckhunt::4falco::4lucina::4luigi::4marth::4miisword::4pit::4zss:

I found Greninja fun when I used him for the Crazy Orders challenge. Landing followup FAirs is super satisfying. But he just feels awkward to use and I'll probably not be able to get good with him. Any tips, FullMoon?

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
It's faster too and has seems to have less end lag... WHY?
Falco's has an arc to it at least and I'm pretty sure it's longer ranged (might be wrong though). About Mario's dash attack, his leg gets invincibility which is why it's irritating to challenge. I've seen it clank with a 9 before. Pretty baffling.

On the topic of FSmashes, probably my least favorite change from Brawl to Smash 4 for Game & Watch is the change to FSmash. Instead of lingering with a weak hitbox, we instead get a crappy sweetspot/sourspot mechanic. Yet Pikachu's FSmash still lingers! I'd be fine with the multiple hitboxes if it still lingered (much like Pac-Man's do now). The power change feels a little extreme but it was probably for the best, going back to play Brawl and seeing sourspot DSmash kill at 120% or earlier makes me wonder what they were on when they programmed that.

Gunner is fun yo. If only u-air was able to hit harder. Using default 1111 set btw. F-air is great

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
If we are speaking of characters we are best at, I'm glad that, over the past months of the games being out, I have improved with Rosalina by quite a lot. I'm not amazing by any means, but I'm happy that I can at least call myself good.

Villager on the other hand...I don't know. I feel like he still needs a lotttt of work. There are so many other villagers that are better then me by a lot.

Olimar I just picked up, so I can't really say much about him. It's going good so far though.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I'm so glad I could introduce that emote to you. :lick:
Me too, it changed my life. :lick:

We've done character competency lists several times, but adding in desire to learn as a factor seems like a fun spin. I'll take a crack at it:

Cream of the crop: :rosalina:
Fun and passable: :4greninja::4luigi:
Fun but bad: :4mewtwo:
Fun but he's bad: :4dedede:
Enjoyable, but not a good fit: :4metaknight:
Want to like but can't: :4jigglypuff::4peach::4megaman::4pacman::4myfriends::4olimar::4pit::4darkpit::4robinf::4yoshi::4zelda::4roy::4ganondorf::4lucario::4palutena:
Might enjoy, need to experiment with more: :4zss::4rob:
Can't play, don't like: :4marth::4lucina::4mario::4diddy::4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4fox::4falcon::4charizard::4gaw::4littlemac::4link::4pikachu::4sonic::4tlink::4shulk::4samus::4villagerf::4wiifit::4bowser:
Would like if she hit harder: :4sheik:
Who knows?: :4ness::4kirby:

I'm feeling really off-and-on toward Luigi, but as my favorite Mario character and my main in the previous three games I feel like I owe it to him to play him in the game he's finally good in. I can't really adapt to different characters in general though, and I'm really bad at switching between characters; labbing with Stagnant Shuriken for a couple hours yesterday left me trying to dtilt>usmash and dash attack>fair on Rosalina out of muscle memory.

Also totally not FullMoon but I think the most significant thing with Greninja is keeping in mind that he's an honest character; you can't just press buttons and get away with it because his buttons aren't safe (aside from perfectly spaced fair; pivot grab is pretty safe too), but if your opponent leaves any opening you can use his amazing mobility to capitalize immediately and his stellar combo potential to maximize your damage. Mainly I just suggest getting a feel for empty movement and only committing when you need to/when it's safe.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

Since I remembered I had a youtube account, I went and found this.

What is funny is that I wasn't even good at this point, the other player was just so incredibly bad and Brawl was a really janky game.

Edit: Playable character tier list:

My Best: :4sheik:
Good and used for certain matchups: :4bowser:
Doubles character: :4charizard:
Funzies: :4zelda::4miibrawl::4lucina::4palutena:
Can't/Don't like using: Everyone else
**** you: :4falcon::4ness::4yoshi:

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Gunner is fun yo. If only u-air was able to hit harder. Using default 1111 set btw. F-air is great
My set is 3131 IIRC. Grenades are so dang good. I like charge moves but I can't pass up on grenades. They set up into things, interrupt the opponent, control space, and can even kill/gimp. It's beautiful. All of the others I'm still undecided on. Flame Pillar is nice, a mix between Lucas's and Ness's PK Fires basically. Stealth Burst is like Din's Flare. Missiles are missiles. All the up specials have pretty crappy range, 3 goes the furthest but has no hitbox (I have to play around with all of them more). Down specials are all things we've seen before. I generally like reflectors but bombs are nice since they denonate on contact.

Mine is 1/4 height/thinnest but I'll probably play around with default size more. I'm kind of of the opinion that all the size variations create more hassle than it's worth.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Best gunner upB is 2 imo

Hits hard, kills, has invuln frames when used grounded iirc (that might be wrong, it's been awhile), spikes when used airborne - if you run off the ledge and upB, you'll put out the spike hitbox and ledgesnap instantly.

It's the worst upB for recovering but honestly all three suck and it isn't worse by much + at least adds a hitbox.

I think I liked 3122 for Gunner myself.

Last edited:

Soul.

I don't know if I can learn other characters tbh.
My best is :4pikachu: obviously, but eh. Making a list is so hard.

Ah this again? Well

Main tier/My best :4shulk:
Still threatening :4fox::4mario:
Decent :4lucina::4pikachu::4megaman:
Bad :substitute: (Everyone else)
I'd rather die :4darkpit:

I'll start messing with Gunner's customs. Going up B 2 and neutral B 3. Down B, I might go for bomb drop. Forward B is obviously 1. I guess.

Jab is great. I mean, it's frame 5 but the range is quite impressive imo. Maybe that's HOW it looks but basically, that's how I feel about gunner's jab. Good range so I'm mostly fine with it being frame 5. Btw, Jab 3 is interesting because it has some disjoint in it. B-air auto cancels from a short hop and from the peak height of a short hop. Deals 12% damage. F-air is also amazing for Gunner's mid-range and even for zoning if you feel like laming it out with gunner. U-air is good for catching air dodges. It also deals more damage than f-smash (weird). F-smash is pretty good. Can catch ledge rolls and it's decent when you pivot with it but the damage output is really REALLY lacking (lol 9% uncharged damage). D-smash is pretty straighforward. U-smash damages but I have trouble landing it for whatever reason (bad with this character I guess). D-air is.... I never even use this... F-tilt is really good too. Amazing for spacing. Pivot f-tilts are great. D-tilt is basically Samus' d-tilt. U-tilt is a decent-ish anti air I guess. Mii Gunner's n-air is good for um... being used after d-throw because it true combos from d-throw at lower percentages. I guess. Not sure if it's safe on shield.

Charge shot is basically a MUCH weaker Samus charge shot but it's still p. good. I only use the fire pillar side B because that's the only not-crap side B among the options. Reflector is basically.... a reflector I guess.

Might come back with more to say but :4miigun: is fun. Might have issues with dealing with close range pressure or with characters that generally have a much more dominant mid-range. I guess.

berserker00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Berserker10
3DS FC
1220-7875-3865
Switch FC
6493 3764 6404
You can main whomever you like. I don't care if you ruin your life. There are more Berserkers.
It's funny because @ Berserker. Berserker. also helped convince me to use :4darkpit:

As said by him IRL
"You can never go wrong with Pit or Dark Pit" :yeahboi:

You're running out of Berserkers :secretkpop:

Last edited:
It's funny because @ Berserker. Berserker. also helped convince me to use :4darkpit:

As said by him IRL
"You can never go wrong with Pit or Dark Pit" :yeahboi:

You're running out of Berserkers :secretkpop:
It makes sense. As much as I hate Dark Pit, you gotta admit, the blue sword blurs make him seem cooler to use. I guess

I still think he's a hell spawn

Last edited:
I still have yet to seriously use Sasuke-Uchiha-Pit. I only used him when you told me to

Yeah, that's pretty much it. Grenade burst is awesome. Up B 2 is awesome. Bomb drop is meh. Gunner gets a 7.5/10 -ign needs more no scopes

Rizen

Smash Legend
I like Dark Pit better than Pit because I find Pit annoying and naive, personality wise.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I like Dark Pit better than Pit because I find Pit annoying and naive, personality wise.
Hmm. I also find Pit annoying. He was one of my least favorite characters in Brawl.

Then Sakurai cloned him.

Y

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Palutena is cool though. I was considering her as a secondary for quite some time, but Zelda was all the awful character design sass I could handle.

berserker00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Berserker10
3DS FC
1220-7875-3865
Switch FC
6493 3764 6404
Dude. I played Brawl for like 6 years casually and I never once played Dark Pit. I'm basically a pro at it now.

Sidenote: All these Star Wars GIFs are reminding me of the massive hype behind Darth Vader and Star Wars: Rebels season 2

warionumbah2

Smash Master
I still have yet to seriously use Sasuke-Uchiha-Pit. I only used him when you told me to

Yeah, that's pretty much it. Grenade burst is awesome. Up B 2 is awesome. Bomb drop is meh. Gunner gets a 7.5/10 -ign needs more no scopes
The age of Edgesuke

1-8 years old = Happy kid who wants daddy's love and loves his bro
8-12 years old = Became a loner after edgy experience
12 years old = Cool rival who was slowly giving into the edge
13 years old = Edgy
16 years old = Calm and only wanted to kill his bro because revenge edge
17 years old = Edgelord
18-20 years old = Repenting his edge sins and goes travelling. Turns Batman.
22-32 years old = Deadbeat Farther

/Japanese protagonist

Note: Was gonna post pics but its too edgy for this thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom