• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Issues

sassafrass

Smash Cadet
Howdy! I'm not sure if these have been posted before... If they have, oopsy poopsy.
  1. Camera issues with Din's fire
    • It seems like whenever I cast a Din's out and I get hit, the fireball will go offscreen and make the screen super awkward. I'm not sure what exactly triggers it, but it seems like it only happens when the fireball is cast and Zelda is hit.
  2. Fast fall after Din's fire in the air
    • Is this intentional? Basically, when you side B in the air, you immediately fast fall. It seems like it might be a glitch, but I don't know for sure
Thanks and great work with the sassy princess! She's a badass chick now.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
The first one is 100% intentional. Its actually really useful. The second one I don't know. It seems to me that when they made it so zelda can't Love jump anymore it messed with her phsysics when she uses specials out of tumble. I don't get the fast fall if im not already falling.

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
1. The camera is set to track Din's Fire. When it is returning to you, and you get hit, it "unlinks" and continues traveling in a straight line (unless you "re-link" it by hitting side-b again). This is to prevent silly combo break ability. Because it will travel in a straight line, eventually it will go way offstage, and, of course, the camera will follow it. So this is essentially just an odd side effect of an intended game mechanic.
2. This is also intentional as far as I am aware. It was to prevent you from casting a Din's as you return, making her recovery a little less safe. Of course, telecancel air>ground is much much better, so it doesn't hurt her recovery too much.

sassafrass

Smash Cadet
Gotcha. A mod can lock this if they want. I'm starting to use both to my advantage anyway. :nervous:

Top Bottom