• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Edgeguarding/Offstage Discussion!

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
I actually enjoy this thread. Obviously not practical, but good to know if you want to try something epic. Its better to have all the options and decide then to have few and be limited.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Yeah, it joins the club of almost every AT Zelda has:

Situational but sexy xD

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
Anyone tried Din hopping to the ledge? Depending on the distance between you and your opponent you could cover quite a few options.

At perfect distance
- They could airdodge, you could punish them as the exit it because you've canceled your lag by grabbing the edge.
- They could attack through it, which could also be punished depending on the move. You wouldn't get hit because of invincibility frames.

Too close, you'll prolly just get punished. Too far away, it would just be a sexy edgehog.

Not sure if this is possible out of a shorthop, (or at all for that matter) I just thought this up during school.. Loool. Ill see what I can do with it today.

EDIT - Lame. I can already see this will not be worth the effort. It is very possible to do out of a shorthop but the timing is pretty strict, Dins Fire doesn't have anymore reach than a Marth's Fsmash, and it isn't as fast as Id hope due to Zelda sorta bouncing off the ground before finally clinging on to the ledge.

Oh well.. It was sexy in my head.

Top Bottom