• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Din Glitch

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
If you press side b then mash b by itself she will call back the din immediately even though i'm not pressing side b. This is a problem because I'm trying to mash out nayru after din but it won't let me.

Hyldago

Smash Rookie
It get's better, you can't up-B immediately after you side-B which is something you'll want to do a lot since side-B is a nice stall/semi-glide for recovering. The delay before you can other-B seems pretty odd though, almost like it is intentional so maybe this isn't a glitch and we just need to be careful while recovering?

Magus420

Smash Master
It isn't a delay on other B moves, but rather being able to call it back right after placing it during the ending action before you can interrupt it normally with any action you want, similar to Marth/Roy's multiple side-b swings. Unlike their side-b though the window to go into the action to call it back extends all the way through into the general interrupt, while the input window for their next swing closes near the end and pressing slightly too early results in nothing happening so you can press it again to do what you wanted. Easy enough though to make it require an actual side-b input instead of just B to go into the recall so trying to input other specials before the normal interrupt does nothing.

Last edited:

Magus420

Smash Master
Yup. Should note though that a quirk with having it that way makes diagonal B input in the air do the next side-b action if you do it too early, whereas if aerial up/down-b are available interrupts those normally take priority over side-b input if you input diagonally (on the ground it's reversed though, with side-b having priority over up/down-b). If you want to mash early for an aerial up-b out of it you'd need to input it as if you're on the ground and use straight upwards.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Thank you for answering!! So this quirk in essence would be that in the air, using a diagonal oriented B move (let's say Up and to the right UpB) immediately after Side B would result in the Side B recall animation, and not a diagonal Farore's Wind? I would have to use UpB and then imeediately hold diagonally up and to the right to get the same effect?

Magus420

Smash Master
During the recall window but before the normal interrupt begins yeah. The ending looks like this:

Total: 35
Recall: 8+
Interruptible: 23+

On 8-22 inputting diagonal+B would do the side-b recall on both air and ground since it's the only thing you can input, but 23+ when all interrupts become available the up/down-b would take priority like they normally do in the air, and side-b have priority if on the ground. There's no functional difference between initiating her up-b with straight up then aiming compared to starting it with a diagonal input, so it's just something to be aware of and use straight up for up-b out of placing the Din's if you aren't certain you're pressing it on 23+. I know I often use up/towards for up-b when off stage which with any character results in a surprise grounded side-b on YS's cloud if I land unexpectedly on it when trying to do an aerial up-b.

Last edited:
Top Bottom