• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zard Glide Cancel Glitch

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
The the PMDT added the new glide new glide cancel animation for Zard (when working on the 3.5 release), the new animation initially prevented wavebouncing . I play tested Zard before 3.5's release and told Standardtoaster and MonkUnit that this was a problem. The next day when I tested Zard, glide cancel now caused a SET backwards momentum if you held backwards when canceling glide. Despite me mentioning multiple times to multiple PMDT members that this issue existed months before 3.5 came out, it has remained in for both 3.5 and now 3.6 beta.

Problems with this glide cancel:
-you can no longer b reverse or (as a result) b reverse wavebounce
-the backwards momentum is set rather than based on your current forward momentum (which is how wavebounce is SUPPOSED to functions)
-the input for the for this psuedo wavebounce is hold backwards hit b. Wavebounce is normally done by hitting backwards within 5 frames AFTER you hit b.

In other words, this glitch (+ sloppily hacked together fix) mean Zard has:
-lost an extremely useful and interesting option (b reverse wavebounce could allow you to seem to recover high, and then reverse momentum but still face the ledge to suddenly go back and fast fall to ledge)
-a mechanic that does not match other wavebounces in either physics or input, but looks and seems to b a wavebounce to most, which is highly intuitive / bad design

Personally, I think the old animation looked better, so I would fix this by reverting the animation and removing the set momentum "fix" that you added in 3.5.

Top Bottom