• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zap Jumping Q

NessFire

Smash Rookie
Hello. This is going to sound ********, but although I've played Ness/Lucas for so long, I very recently started trying to step up my game with advanced Lucas techniques, namely zap jumping, for a tournament I'm thinking about entering soon. I think it's amazing, but I'm having a hard time finding a real, concrete application for it, other than simply gaining insane air. Am I missing something? Thanks for tolerating this dumb question.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Its not useful as an attack, good for recovery unless you mess it up. Zap Jump to Magnet Pull is cool.

NessFire

Smash Rookie
Oh, yeah, it itself isn't an attack, but I thought with something this unique there were crazy ways to transition into attacks or something. Maybe I just refuse to believe it's anything more than a flashy jump when just standing/fighting on the stage.:ohwell:

Frostspin

Smash Rookie
Heh yea, not much application when you are on the stage. But if you ever need a big vertical recovery and pk thunder will be a hard recovery to make, zap jump will get the job done splendidly (as long as you don't screw it up lol)

NessFire

Smash Rookie
True that. Alright, thanks for the tips. I've also found that on a smaller basis, it helps with mindgames and escaping opponents attacks. It frustrates the h3ll out of them. :laugh:

Top Bottom