• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yugioh anyone?

finalark

SNORLAX
I tried putting together a spellbook/prophesy deck last night on duel network and went up against several of my friend's decks.

The lack of monster search and special summon really hurts it.

Yugioh is the ****. If you fuse a Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon with a Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon you get the Blue Eyes Whitest White Ultimate Arian Bite the curb ****** Dragon.

Seriously though, I just run an old a REDM deck with blue eyes.

:phone:

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Hot Arms if you wanna play/talk yugioh, add me on there (username: Sold2 )
Alternatively add me on skype (username: ceotis ), I'm always on skype.

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/
Also entirely official now. Unsure if this changes what I would play upcoming format. As an almost exclusively WATER player, **** HEROs lmao.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Oh, I ran into you, hotarms, a bit ago.

You were rude and and argued a ruling with me for 15 minutes.

T___T

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
lolol my bad if it was my fault, i just got back into this game after 7 years? And i never played it "competitively" till now

which argument was it?

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Yeah, you're not kidding.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXNDdC4n5mw

Here's something a friend of mine made. Insane stuff. I'm glad people are finally looking past the Hunter Loop and seeing how exploitable their swarm power is. I wouldn't call them the best deck of the next format, though. It's too early to tell but obviously HEROs are going to be very powerful, that's where my money is. And new wind-ups look hard to pilot and easier to side vs.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
I saw this wind up/gusto deck someone made and I made one myself on DN and it worked pretty well

I just saw the video you posted sold, definitely interested to see the deck list

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
That vid that guy made is not the correct loop. Instead of making the 2nd Photon Butterfly Chick, he should of just went into Shock Master and call spells. Your board should look like, Photon Chick, Zenmaity, and Shock Master. I like first turn Shock Master. There are 3 different ways to have a different board depending the situation, but always have Shock Master. He's too good. And the max you can get cards out of someone's hand now with Hunter is 3.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Heroes, huh?

I might play again. I ran Big City. I know it's not nearly the same as Heroes today, but it was one of my favorite decks to run, only behind Tele-Monarchs.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
That vid that guy made is not the correct loop. Instead of making the 2nd Photon Butterfly Chick, he should of just went into Shock Master and call spells. Your board should look like, Photon Chick, Zenmaity, and Shock Master. I like first turn Shock Master. There are 3 different ways to have a different board depending the situation, but always have Shock Master. He's too good. And the max you can get cards out of someone's hand now with Hunter is 3.
I dont really understand, why is shock master better for the otk? butterfly is better if your opponent has a monster on board and >8000 lp. Otherwise i suppose youre right, shock master is better if youre not trying to go for the otk

Vyke

Smash Champion
If they have a trap you can play around, if they have a monster... you've still got three? What monster is going to suddenly hit the field and wipe three of yours?

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Yeah the point of the double butterfly was to be able to make 8k damage as well as take a monster off the board, making it a real 2 card OTK that goes over a monster. I'm sure the video was just to demonstrate the sort of options Wind-ups still have and how powerful they still are now that people aren't Hunter happy. Shock master is definitely also an option.

Vyke

Smash Champion
If they have traps you call traps so you can otk

if they dont have traps you call effects so they cant drop gorz/fader/trag so you can otk

How is this hard to understand?
Iunno, we could wag ****s all day about a card that's pretty flexible on what to do in imaginary matches. I'm just sayin' that I'm more worried about Dark Hole than Gorz, but it all comes down to reading what your opponent has or what options you've got yourself? Is there even a point to be arguing over besides "Call what you think you should"?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I think what he's saying is that if you go for the OTK, Dark Hole is useless for obvious reasons. If you're going for OTKs, all you have to worry about are traps and hand traps.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Yeah, I understand that now. Whiffed over my head. I thought we were talking about them living afterwards, durr.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
I was playing on DN and this guy attacked my my magical merchant, and I milled about 25 monsters before I got my spell. He then said "i dont get why people mill cards you just screwed yourself with it"

Start my next turn with my field empty, final board looked like this

http://i48.tinypic.com/2emoaja.jpg

I love when OTK's work out. I wanna start playing IRL too but like no one around me plays, not even the smashers in MI. Don't think its worth investing in something I wouldnt be able to use

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
lol yeah

You guys were using trip chaos sorc for some reason though, so i put in 2 lightpulsars in place of the other 2. And dark bug instead of d.d crow, and 3 dark diviner

genhutalla

Smash Rookie
deck cards

I used to play Yu-gi-oh before. I often buy deck cards in malls just to complete the cards that had been used by the character in the series. It is like a collection before.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
PinkReaper's plant deck is extremely popular. The main reason is it's a pretty rad deck. In fact, I have a similar deck to Reaper's.

Top Bottom