• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yuba City Monthlies - 5/31/08 ::POWERPLAY!!:: ::Read First Post::

QTP

The "Sonic" of Diddy Kong
Okay, so here's the new Yuba City Tournament thread...

Date: May 31st, 2008

Time: 3:30 pm

Place:
Powerplay Internet Game Lounge
795 Plumas Street
Yuba City, CA 95991

The Rules:

Singles Rules:
(MLG Format)
Neutral Stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Yoshi's Story
Counter Picks: : Luigi's Mansion, Delfino Plaza, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Rainbow Cruise, Corneria
(2 out of 3 matches)
(1 level ban per person - Optional)
(7 min, 3 stock)
(Random Stages & Slob Picks)

Doubles Rules: (If there are enough people to play doubles)
(Team Attack On)
(3 Stock)
(Random Stage - Until Counter Picked)
(MLG Legal Stages)
(Life Steal Legal)
(6 Min Time Limit)

Prize:
1st 50%
2nd 20%
3rd 5%

Entry Fee :
Singles - $8
Doubles - $12 per team (again if teams happen)

We'll need 2 Wii's and copies of Brawl is possible.

There will be 4 tv's and I'm providing a Wii and copy of Brawl.

Thanks,
QTP

The___cheese

Smash Lord
That's not many TVs.

Also, you only need one memory card, because you can just have it in when you turn it on, and then take it out after it loads.

QTP

That's not many TVs.

Also, you only need one memory card, because you can just have it in when you turn it on, and then take it out after it loads.

well, your right....but it's at a lan center and they won't let anyone bring tv's.
plus, i would like to have a copy in each gamecube so we wouldn't have to do that..:grin:

-QTP

Delphiki

Smash Champion
If I come I will have a Cube, and NK may bring his.

I'll let you know for sure by tomorrow. We're going to hit the NCB on Saturday then head up there on Sunday. But everything depends on our ride.

Btw good idea to put 'monthly' in the thread title. Now people will have an idea of when the tourney will take place instead of the haphazard announcements before. I was following this thread since before the one I went to and I didn't know they were monthly. :laugh:

SamuraiX

Smash Cadet
Well they aren't really so much monthly as they are one a month. I guess it's the same difference, but it's still good to check up on it to make sure you have the right dates.

Delph, when will you know for sure if you can come down?

RareTruffle

Smash Apprentice
I'm driving to Yuba tommorow morning, which means no internet at my parents place. Sooo...

Delphiki, NK, others: Hope you guys can make. Good luck at the NCB.

X/QTP: See you Saturday.

QTP

If I come I will have a Cube, and NK may bring his.

I'll let you know for sure by tomorrow. We're going to hit the NCB on Saturday then head up there on Sunday. But everything depends on our ride.

Btw good idea to put 'monthly' in the thread title. Now people will have an idea of when the tourney will take place instead of the haphazard announcements before. I was following this thread since before the one I went to and I didn't know they were monthly. :laugh:
well, good luck at the NCB, hopefully you guys can make it down here on Sunday. :)

Raretruffle, Team Yuba City!!

Oh! which reminds me, were not going to be able to have a doubles tournament. :(
The only way we might be able to, is if depending on who's working there that day, decides that it doesn't matter how long we're on the TV's. Pray that it's one of my friends and not the owners!!haha.

-QTP

SamuraiX

Smash Cadet
Well ****, if there is no time to do doubles at power play we can always have a doubles tournament at my place down the street. That is to say as long as I don't screwed out of my electricity.

Long story, I'll explain only to those who actually come to this tournament!

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Try to convince the store to do doubles...let them know it will take much less time than singles. And they weren't exactly busy last time.

And NK and I will be able to make it.....but no NCB for us.

SamuraiX

Smash Cadet
The only problem is the **** halo players. They have nothing better to do then make us smash players suffer from lack of tv.

And also power play does let us hold the tournaments free of charge so we don't have much say, but we'll try to pull some strings.

Also, even our good friend from concord is coming to this so you guys should really try and get as many people from down there to come to this. The more the merrier and the better xp I earn for leveling up my smash charcter.

Lol, life is an rpg...can someone let me borrow their gameshark? ;)

QTP

The only problem is the **** halo players. They have nothing better to do then make us smash players suffer from lack of tv.

And also power play does let us hold the tournaments free of charge so we don't have much say, but we'll try to pull some strings.

Also, even our good friend from concord is coming to this so you guys should really try and get as many people from down there to come to this. The more the merrier and the better xp I earn for leveling up my smash charcter.

Lol, life is an rpg...can someone let me borrow their gameshark? ;)

I just hit lvl 32 last night!!!

can't wait till tomorrow....
dam those halo players. All they do is ***** and complain over those tv's during the tourney..
i'll have to bring my lvl 32 Sheik Needles on their ***..lol. :)

SamuraiX

Smash Cadet
Under the weather meaning puking on floors or sneezing on controllers?

Lol, I got some tylenol cold and sinus up here with your name on it, and come on man it's been far too long since you've been to good old YC.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
lol we'll see. My parents wanna do church tonight so I'm gonna go and get all the believers sick. If I don't die by tomorrow (member might have meningitis) I'll say it's a 90/10 chance of me going. All depends on if I'm able to live.

EDIT:

Delfikity: do you mind you guys swingin by my place to pick me up? It's on the way anywho and I don't feel like driving. I won't hack on you, sneeze on you, or anything that involves my body shooting **** at you, I promise.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Question: what are the rules on Wobbling?

Is it only banned as a stall tactic?

Banned altogether?

Not banned?

???

I doubt I'll use it but I'd like to know.

editsies:

NK we'll pick you up, np.

SamuraiX

Smash Cadet
The tourney starts around 3:30. We'll probably be getting there around 2:30-3:00.

Feel free to come to my house earlier if you guys want to and we can play some friendlies there. Just give me or QTP a call. NK has the numbers.

DRGN

Technowizard
lol, Nk it was close though in our own little demented form of combat.
Lol good times (lolgt :chuckle: )..

And there was NOO finals match, lol wtf..

LOL NK, friendlies were some goood times...

QTP: Use less nairs; try replacing many of them with fairs. If you're interested, send me a PM and i'll help you more with your Sheik's game. (same goes to anyone I played if I can remember our match/s.)

Random Falco I played in the tourney: Lazer more, grab more. Learn to attack fast so to drain shields and the opponent's resistence. Sorry about the beating to your Ice Climbers, I kind of have some experience in that matchup, i've fought each of NorCal's top 3 IC at least once. ;)

X: Did I play you this time around?

Arg. I couldn't get anyone to MM me at all in low teir, items, or simply regular combat... lol, darns, oh well..

And Simna, yes, there was much funz. Oh! And Delphiki went right through the Seel/Dewgong (which is it? I forget..) in Pokefloats and plummeted to his death during Singles semi-finals. It was pretty funny.
(And about results, uhm, i'm not sure if this'll go up on tia or not. But I think Delphiki might at least have the brackets though. But basically it was:
1/2: [NK and DRGN]?
3: Del
NK was still a bit under the weather and not really prepared to fight at full strength. So when we had to fight in winner's bracket we did randomz character. lol, omg so fun. We went to the last round and he won it. So then I was in loser's, but when I went through that, we didn't end up having our finals match for 1st/2nd. -_- Though I guess you could say since I was coming from loser's NK was already 50% of the way to first.)

QTP

QTP: Use less nairs; try replacing many of them with fairs. If you're interested, send me a PM and i'll help you more with your Sheik's game. (same goes to anyone I played if I can remember our match/s.)
Thanks for the help DRGN. I appreciate it.
This tourney was pretty fun.
Became boring after awhile, but was overall great.

NK: Good Times, like always.. let me know the next time you can make it down. Oh! and bring Kev$ with you also.. :)

Delphiki: I don't think I played you any friendlies come to think of it,.. good team games.haha.

RareTruffle: Team Yuba!!!! haha. great team games also, we work very well together, we'll dominate next doubles. :)

-QTP

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Results: http://lbpolymusic.com/tio/tournament.aspx?id=118

7th consecutive loss to DRGN ftw.

NK and I suck in doubles. The way I'm used to playing in doubles ****s him up. lol

edit: QTP you need to work on seeding. Like how NK/DRGN were almost in the first match. Typically, you want to pick a number of players - 1/4 of the bracket size (i.e., 16 man bracket - 4 people) - and split them up so that 1 and 4 (best and fourth best) and 2 and 3 (2nd and third best/seed) will face each other in winners semifinals. Also, when people go into loser's bracket, try to stop people from facing people they already lost to. I ended up beating Evil twice, and Samurai X lost to RareTruffle twice. You could've switched were Truffle and I went into losers to avoid this.

DRGN

Technowizard
If the records are going to show a result here, NK, then we could at least go ahead and carry out the set next time/event we have the great pleasure to meet. :p ..Since we fought in winner's finals the first time, that'd make our continuation set best of 11 (race to 6), with you needing 3 more wins, and me needing 4. If nothing else, this'll at least give me the chance to play you away from friendlies so you're actually intending a match (well that's the plan anyways, lol). :p :chuckle: If you don't want to that's fine, but that would be less fun. :upsidedown:

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Tomi.....the Pichu......the ****..... n_n

I feel kinda bad...I almost 4 stocked Mitsaru (Marth) at FD.....so after he killed me I just basically taunted...cancelled it when he attacked, hit him with some weak attack and ran away and taunted again. So mean.....but so funny. Then I killed him and taunted. ^_^

edit: this went on for about 30-45 seconds before I decided to kill him. He didn't land a hit during that time. Am I evil?

DRGN

Technowizard
Tomi.....the Pichu......the ****..... n_n

I feel kinda bad...I almost 4 stocked Mitsaru (Marth) at FD.....so after he killed me I just basically taunted...cancelled it when he attacked, hit him with some weak attack and ran away and taunted again. So mean.....but so funny. Then I killed him and taunted. ^_^

edit: this went on for about 30-45 seconds before I decided to kill him. He didn't land a hit during that time. Am I evil?
Evil? Naw. Funny? Yes. I saw it all. :chuckle:

SamuraiX

Smash Cadet
Results: http://lbpolymusic.com/tio/tournament.aspx?id=118

7th consecutive loss to DRGN ftw.

NK and I suck in doubles. The way I'm used to playing in doubles ****s him up. lol

edit: QTP you need to work on seeding. Like how NK/DRGN were almost in the first match. Typically, you want to pick a number of players - 1/4 of the bracket size (i.e., 16 man bracket - 4 people) - and split them up so that 1 and 4 (best and fourth best) and 2 and 3 (2nd and third best/seed) will face each other in winners semifinals. Also, when people go into loser's bracket, try to stop people from facing people they already lost to. I ended up beating Evil twice, and Samurai X lost to RareTruffle twice. You could've switched were Truffle and I went into losers to avoid this.
I said we should've switched too, but of course my cries went unheard.

Raretruffle: 2 losses at exactly 8:01. **** that hurts to have that happen to you twice in one day. Ugh, anyone who saw knows how I feel. I guess next time I know to stall. Hero's never prosper.

DRGN: No we didn't get to play at all this time around a shame again as always, but I'm moving to roseville in a few days so rest assured there will be some friendlies for sure.

NK: Watch out for the beast, he's coming for you. "How do you know!?" LOL

Delph: Fun with the friendlies. Maybe we'll get to play each other in the tourney next time. :(

Everyone else, see you in roseville ;)

RareTruffle

Smash Apprentice
Not as many people I expected showed up, but it was still an awesome tourney. I need to quit getting 4th place. Sac or Dustin always keeps me out of it. =p

X: You're moving? That sucks. But yeah, Roseville isn't far.

Delphiki: G&W vs Pichu was awesome. Low tier ftw.

DRGN: That's too bad you didn't have a team mate for doubles. Should've picked rock. XD. It was weird playing a zelda main, and our peach - falcon match was awesome. (and close) Har Har.

NK : LOL. Taco Bell Employee orgy.

QTP: YUBAAAA! Next doubles tourney is ours.

Matt: I'm glad you made it to this one. You almost beat my Marth. QUIT SUICIDING. And don't grab IC's. XD.

Twitch: Thanks for showing me the badass Jill, Cammy, Psylocke combo's. I'll practice and then we'll play again.

QTP

Not as many people I expected showed up, but it was still an awesome tourney. I need to quit getting 4th place. Sac or Dustin always keeps me out of it. =p

X: You're moving? That sucks. But yeah, Roseville isn't far.

Delphiki: G&W vs Pichu was awesome. Low tier ftw.

DRGN: That's too bad you didn't have a team mate for doubles. Should've picked rock. XD. It was weird playing a zelda main, and our peach - falcon match was awesome. (and close) Har Har.

NK : LOL. Taco Bell Employee orgy.

QTP: YUBAAAA! Next doubles tourney is ours.

Matt: I'm glad you made it to this one. You almost beat my Marth. QUIT SUICIDING. And don't grab IC's. XD.

Twitch: Thanks for showing me the badass Jill, Cammy, Psylocke combo's. I'll practice and then we'll play again.

haha. MvC2..

lame.
j/k

I'll come down to roseville sometime soon and play some friendlies with ya guys.

good tourney..

-QTP

Top Bottom