• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

yoyoyoy.....houston tournament.....JAN 20 07

kage921

Smash Journeyman
HOUSTON TOURNY

the tourny is goin to be on jan the 20 for people can train and the location is at 10907 seven mile ln. for more info go to google maps .The tourny will start at 1pm but registrations will begin at 12am, late registrations will not be accepted after 1:30pm, so get here early to warm up and sign up. The entry fee will be 10 dollardsl . Depending on the # of people that come that will be the amount of money for the price. 1st place will get 70% of total money, 2nd will receive 20% and 3rd will receive 10%. Also bring your own remote, cause a remote will not be supplied and label your belongings because we are not responsible for anything that migth come up missing. It will be appreciated if people would spread the word about this tournament . the following rules are:

rules.
1.stages
final destination
dream land
pokemon stadium
fountain of dreams
yoshis story
battle field
note: these stages will be chosen at random.
2. lifes
four stocks
time: 8min
no items
3.no glitch's period
4.clif hanging will be accepted
5. there will be no talking to the opponent during the match including trash talk, music will be alLowed during the match but you must have headphones, to not disturb your opponent. Pausing during the match will not be allowed.

for more info. call at 713 697 1592 and ask for luis call only after 8pm but before 10pm.
Again please no long distance calls.

HOPEFULLY THIS TOURNAMENT WILL DETERMINE WHO IS THE BEST IN HOUSTON.
tHANK YOU!!!
AND GOOD LUCK

this are the rules for the tourny. (Thanks to xyro)

THE RULES FOR 1vs1 AND 2vs2

1. The higher seed has first choice for their seat(s) and controller port(s). The higher seeded team has first choice for their team color. Teams must sit together on one side or the other. If players/teams meet for a 2nd time in the Championship Bracket, the winner of the 1st series will have seat and controller choice.

2. The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on a stage. After the stage has been randomly selected each player/team may call for a reset. Each player/team can only call for a reset once during a series. If a reset is called, another stage must be randomly selected. The stage that was first selected can’t be randomly selected again, but is still available for a counter pick.

3. Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium

4. Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Rainbow Cruise, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium, DK64

5. Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

6. Stages banned for Singles Only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2 and Onett

7. Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City and Onett

8. Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, and Kongo Jungle and Onett.

9. No stage may be used twice in a Best of 3 or Best of 5 Series. The random select stages are the only stages that may be used more than once in a best of 11 series.

10. After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose to knock out one stage. Stages that are knocked out won’t be used during the series.
Random select stages can’t be knocked out. The lower seeded player/team must make their knockout selection first. Once the first game has started, stages can’t be knocked out.

11. After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

12. For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

13. During Championship Bracket competitions, players may ask for a double-blind pick during games four and five of a series. Players must call for the pick after the loser of the previous game has chosen the next game’s stage.

14. If players/teams meet for a 2nd time in the Championship Bracket, their series will expand to a best of 11, include the previous series, and pick up where that series left off. For example, if Player A beat Player B 3 games to 0 in the Winners Bracket, the Best of 11 will resume with Game 4 and Player leading 3 games to 0. The loser of the 1st series will choose the stage for the 1st game of the 2nd series and players may call for a double-blind pick before any game throughout the best of 11.

15. If the players/teams meeting in the Championship Match have not yet faced each other in a series and the team coming from the Losers Bracket wins first series, another series must be played to break the tie since both players/teams would only have one series loss.

16. Any unnecessary pausing of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game.

17. Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it unable to be finished are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.

18. Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop and lose a life and continue the match short a stock.

19. Players/teams may designate a coach when they register for a competition, however, this coach may not be registered as a player for either a Singles or Doubles competition. Coaches may not instruct players during games, but may consult with players for a maximum of 1 minute between games. Once the stage for the next game has been selected, players may not talk to their coach.

20. For Doubles matches, Team Attack is ON

21. For Doubles matches, life stealing is allowed

22.Any stage can be played on if both players agree.

IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED IF YALL BRING A T.V., GAMECUBE,AND SMASH.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Just a few remarks/questions...

1. The other non-banned stages are available for counter-picking right?
2. You really should make it a best 2/3 match for each set and make semi-finals and finals for each side best 3/5. There probably won't be too many people, so there should be enough time to use this set-up.
3. Will there be teams? Low-tier?

ricey09

Smash Cadet
Um...glitches = what?

Wavedashing? L-Cancelling? banning those would unattract the better smashers.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Those aren't glitches...

Really the only vaible glitch to be banned is the ICs freeze glitch, but it's a general term.

XZalla

Smash Journeyman
You mean controllers, not remotes.. lol

Don't want anyone actually bringing a remote now do we? ;p

kage921

Smash Journeyman
thats real funny xzalla, but you understood what I meant rigth? As for glitches I was talking about the ic and link for the most part cause thats all the gliches I know and you know people finding new glitches and what not everyday. Rockettrainer I'll have to get back at you about that. Ricev09 lcanceling, wavedash will be allowed, they were never banned to begin with. Hopefully ya'll come to this tourny. thanks

Jake13

Smash Lord
I agree with Rockettrainer, one match will turn people away, that's really not worth the money, you should make it 2/3 for everything up until semi-finals and finals, which should be 3/5 and/or 4/9.

Also, it's ten to get in and five to enter tourney? That's a little steep/odd :-\

TGM

Smash Lord
''the best of houston'' has already been determined......

1.SideEffect
2.TheGreatMarth(me)
3.jake13 or mog or oscar...

but yea make it 2/3 or most folk wont show up......
by the way,who do u play as?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Also, it's ten to get in and five to enter tourney? That's a little steep/odd :-\
From what I read, it's $10 to enter plus food and drink, or just $5 to enter but no food for you. At least, that is what it sounds like. :ohwell:

MASTER_VOID

Smash Journeyman
Its 5 to enter and or pay 10 to enter wich comes wit food and drink .....or bring ur own food or something If you dont want to pay.....but its 5 to enter

kage921

Smash Journeyman
well to answer your question xyro. I play as link, but he's not my main. I play with him alot cause I enjoy playing with him, but if you wanna see how I play here is a vid of me. As for the tournament I will take your adviece and make it 2/3. Will you and the others be coming?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c24EisYhnAI

dawn001

Smash Ace
hey ive been playing whit fox for 2 months non stop put his not my main but tell me how good iam with him to all of yall. for as kage921 ill be there for your tourny its sounds cool.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNXSkuO2JtY

''the best of houston'' has already been determined......

1.SideEffect
2.TheGreatMarth(me)
3.jake13 or mog or oscar...

now for you xyro thoes who were the best that was years ago now is different but if you are scared to come and see who are good then i understand.

kage921

Smash Journeyman
well jesusfreak is you think you are so confident then come to the tourny and as for the best in houston scav and sintenal and rayz then tell then to come but if they are scare to be strip out of their title then i understand.

dawn001

Smash Ace
cool that will give us more of a chance to get our mojo back. oh by the way cool link keep it up and you will be another best link players like THE Germ.

MASTER_VOID

Smash Journeyman
Yes yes Yes For the last time.....That......................................................peach rules...................\m/0.0\m/

TGM

Smash Lord
JF: Razorium is austin......the end. scav/sent are great but they are inactive and me and SE can beat them,not to mention i live in houston and i know whos good and whos not.
next,the list i gave is accurate since 2005 to now.

TGM

Smash Lord
also, kage and master void....mouf challenges yall to a money match of 5$each

i challenge each of you to a 10$ or 40$ money match. please dont decline, it will further prove to me u are cowards.

kage921

Smash Journeyman
I though that you would never ask. I'll except, I don't know about master void but me and dawn are up for it. When would you like to settle this? cause im up for when ever.

TGM

Smash Lord
yahoo. ok where do yall live¿¿¿¿ any time is god for m. how bout tomorrow¿ i will tavel to u.

dawn001

Smash Ace
hey we live by the sam houston high school the address is 10907 seven mile but we cant we got school but we could settle it on saturday. for more info go on google maps.

MASTER_VOID

Smash Journeyman
I accept.......Like they said how bout saturday...any time but lets talk rules cuz i dont want any bull when we win.... ..hows dis gonna take place

TGM

Smash Lord
simple.

best 2/3 or 3/5.
my marth vs your main.
10$ ok¿
and the basic tourney stages.
also, a zip code to the house we will be playing would help.

whats u and kages mains¿

kage921

Smash Journeyman
i'm going to play as link, as for the zip code it's 77093. Just to further understand ourselfs, you stick with what you pick, no switching characters.

TGM

Smash Lord
i'm going to play as link, as for the zip code it's 77093. Just to further understand ourselfs, you stick with what you pick, no switching characters.

ummmm im thegreatMARTH. I need not another character.

dawn001

Smash Ace
hey xyro is it goin to be just you or you are coming with someone els because i dont want master void , kage , and me wooping on just you and taking your so called best in houston title?

TGM

Smash Lord
hey xyro is it goin to be just you or you are coming with someone els because i dont want master void , kage , and me wooping on just you and taking your so called best in houston title?

i seriously hope u think i suck, i will make you eat those words big time.

and i might be able to bring mouff. his peach is a beast.

dawn001

Smash Ace
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRING IT ONNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!
my fox vs mouf peach
kage link vs your marth
or
kage link vs mouf peach
me fox vs you "the great marth" lol

TGM

Smash Lord
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRING IT ONNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!
my fox vs mouf peach
kage link vs your marth
or
kage link vs mouf peach
me fox vs you "the great marth" lol
what time saturday¿ and yall need to decide on the money your going to mm with....,

Top Bottom