• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoyo Glitch on Link's Arrows

Psi

Smash Cadet
I've gotten to the point where I can get the yoyo glitch consistently on players so I started working on getting it on link's arrows and shiek's needles but I'm having trouble. The only way I've been able to get it to work is by waiting until the arrow is about to fade then timing the yoyo so that it hits just once before the arrow disappears. In the videos that show it they don't seem to wait and the arrow gets hit (or at least it looks like it) several times yet the hitbox is still dropped. Is it possible to get the glitch consistently without waiting until just before the arrow fades?

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
Well, I'm pretty sure that you can hit someone more than once with the yoyo. It's just that the last hit has to be followed up by a charge amount of the correct time.

EDIT: By the way, you can ask yoyo glitch questions in the faq. I think... well, if not, then we've all been breaking the rules . . . O_O . . . ^_^

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
You can glitch off the arrows and needles by spacing Ness properly so that you hit it as the yo-yo creeps foward and you start to charge. You can hit it while it creeps forward, charge it the right amount of time, and you should have done the glitch.

Psi

Smash Cadet
That's what I was trying to do. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I would think I am just messing it up if I didn't do it so consistently with players. I just assumed that the additional hits after the one while creeping were cancelling the hitbox somehow. And the arrow seemed to be at to much of an angle to avoid the extra hits.

Top Bottom