• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Youtube Modder Loopy Creates Gamecube Adaptor for 3DS

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Want to know what should happen, if people are smart at least.

It'll be competitive for the first 2 months because no Wii U version.

Then once Wii U version drops...everyone with at least half a brain will realize which version is objectively superior and begin to transfer to the Wii U.

That's it. In the competitive world handhelds are a joke.
Competitive handhelds are a joke? Yet it's been said millions of times Japan prefers portables rather than consoles :p .
But really, why would it be a 'joke'?

Probalo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mattoswine
3DS FC
4356-0295-3822
Switch FC
SW 5442-3764-0807
Nah, if I wanna use a Gamecube controller for Smash 4, I'll buy a Wii U, adapter and a copy of Smash 4. Plus I'm not gonna be bringing a gamecube controller on the go. I'll stick with the regular 3DS controls.

Booster

Smash Lord
Well, the niche audience that wanted a Gamecube Controller Adapter for 3DS has unfortunately won. It was a stupid idea and somehow it came to exist.

KrymsonSkyz

Smash Apprentice
Competitive handhelds are a joke? Yet it's been said millions of times Japan prefers portables rather than consoles :p .
But really, why would it be a 'joke'?
Portables are more popular in Japan and a lot more "normalized"

But that isn't relevant to my post, I'm talking about competitiveness. I don't know enough about Japan's view of the 3DS (being casual or hardcore) to determine what they'd do. I'm mainly talking about the West.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Portables are more popular in Japan and a lot more "normalized"

But that isn't relevant to my post, I'm talking about competitiveness. I don't know enough about Japan's view of the 3DS (being casual or hardcore) to determine what they'd do. I'm mainly talking about the West.
Still, I don't see why the 3DS version can't be just as competitive as Smash WiiU.

mtmaster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mtmaster_2k7
3DS FC
0645-7185-4095
*facepalm* How about actually getting accustomed to the 3DS's control scheme rather than waste time and effort making gamecube controllers an option that's not even needed for a system like handhelds! Trust me, smash bros on a handheld works better than you would think so long as you know what you are doing!
I agree with you to a degree. I have nothing against the Game Cube controller, but honestly people should at least try to use a different control scheme. As it applies to the 3DS I don't see it as being nearly as competitively viable as the Wii U version, and if you have to want to use a Game Cube controller well then that is why there is the Wii U version. The 3DS version I think will be a mostly casual type thing, and if people want to play it competitively there is such a thing as the 3DS Pro Pad ya know.

However I can still understand why someone might want this, even if its counter intuitive. After all its a handheld for a reason, its not really meant to be played quite the same way as the console version. Everyone knows this but chances are unless you don't own a Wii U you will probably only play this when you have nothing better to do, or you are on a long trip to somewhere. Now I feel like while the person that did this in a way is ingenious one problem is that how would you really be able to play well if the 3DS isn't in your hand? Like some people have mentioned propping it up, but that seems extremely awkward. Not to mention it feels like a massive tease to the people that actually want this since the guy doesn't seem to have plans to sell this, and I'd imagine trying to would present some issues, assuming Nintendo hasn't gotten wind of it, I dunno lol I just think its unnecessary.

Last edited:

S-Loxe

Smash Rookie
NNID
S-Loxe
3DS FC
1993-7373-0991
The GC controller for me was the best controller ever created, but can't be sure if will be a good one for 3Ds games ( ' ^.^),
Still a nice idea.

KrymsonSkyz

Smash Apprentice
The GC controller is the best, but this just completely defeats the purpose of a handheld.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
*facepalm* How about actually getting accustomed to the 3DS's control scheme rather than waste time and effort making gamecube controllers an option that's not even needed for a system like handhelds! Trust me, smash bros on a handheld works better than you would think so long as you know what you are doing!
Everyone keeps bashing this comment, but we know it's pretty much right. Some people just don't want to try new things.
Also, I think this would be better than the 3DS GameCube adapter:

Attachments

Last edited:
Top Bottom