• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You're opinions on the "penalties" on online play?

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
I think they're really stupid IMO, especially the exiting the game one. What if you're in an emergency or the game lags to much with certain players, and you just want to try a different match? NOPE, YOU COULD BE BANNED OR WORSE! This is almost as bad as how the Miiverse admins "moderate".

SmashAdr

Smash Apprentice
yea i don't know why they should ban you for leaving a game...

SmellTheJava

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0834-0767-5817
How many games you need to leave in order to get banned? I left two games a few days ago due to the glitch that makes your 3ds close your game. Those didn't count as a loss or win, my 3ds didn't count those games I left at all.

Also, If I find a laggy game I'll just kill myself(in-game), no use playing a laggy match.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
Just SD out instead of quit. No penalty. If it's an emergency, a 10 minute break shouldn't matter.

PrincessLucina

Smash Rookie
I think that the first couple times should be a warning, and further violations should count as loses on your record, assuming this is For Glory.
But yeah, sometimes you have to leave for legitamate reasons. Not much you can do about it.
Also; I self destruct when the lag gets too bad. I've seen several people do that, actually.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
The penalties are fine and needed. People who keep SDing or quitting matches should be punished somehow.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Do you ever think some people have a reason to quit besides ragequitters tho?
The occasional lag. I think the match should end if it is extremely laggy, but hey it is a Nintendo game, so the online features are bound to be subpar.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I would like the penalties to be a tad more lenient when it comes to opting out of super laggy matches but unfortunately the game can't detect that so when you exit in the middle of the match, that's considered to be rage quitting. Overall I think they're fair and really, waiting 10 minutes or so isn't that big of deal. It might be good for those who have been playing for over 3 hours and they realize they have other things to do during the day, like myself for instance lol XD

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
I would like the penalties to be a tad more lenient when it comes to opting out of super laggy matches but unfortunately the game can't detect that so when you exit in the middle of the match, that's considered to be rage quitting. Overall I think they're fair and really, waiting 10 minutes or so isn't that big of deal. It might be good for those who have been playing for over 3 hours and they realize they have other things to do during the day, like myself for instance lol XD
You bring up a good argument there. But I'm not sure if they ban you or something if it's done multiple times. We'll have to see.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
You bring up a good argument there. But I'm not sure if they ban you or something if it's done multiple times. We'll have to see.
Yeah, I'm not too sure either. I guess we'll have to wait and see if that happens to some unfortunate individual.

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
I think its fine... Or it would be if it was shorter. I find it way to long for just disconnecting because... Slide Show (lag)

Top Bottom