• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You're greatest KO's evar!!

samus-ridley64

Smash Rookie
I would like to know all of your greatest KO's, funny and serious.

Mine is when my brother, my friend, and I were on final destination, my friend was samus, I was fox, and my brother was falco, after a long fight we all had one stock left, and samus had just hit me straight up and it was almost a KO . then falco charged at samus when she fired a fully charged charge shot at him, then falco skidded and put on his reflector and the shot went up at a 45 degree angle right at me as I was coming down and I flipped my reflector on right before it hit me and the charge shot went straight down, slammed into samus and she flew off the screen and died :3 :chuckle:

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
wait, im not greatest KO's evar...hwut does this title adorn me of? and what is an evar?

samus-ridley64

Smash Rookie
Black Waltz, evar is just a joke way of saying ever, and does the audience really curse if you swallowcide with one stock left??

Nonchalant

Smash Cadet
Nothing spectacular I suppose, but I shot a missile at my friend (falco) and he reflected it back at me, as I was charging at him I slammed my shield down and power shielded it (was attempting, but rare to happen) and of course he didn't expect this, it hits him, he jumps back and tries to do that side B, illusion? shadow step? something like that, and I charge up a forward A in the mean time and smash him out :p.

Another time a shiek was recovering with her up B to the stage, and I jumped up and down A just as she/he reappeared and spiked him down, pretty neat.

The Mediator

Smash Journeyman
I can remember two funny ones from just the other day...
For the first one, we were playing a team battle, me (ganon), my friend (pikachu), and two other friends who were playing falco and ice climbers. I was fighting it out with falco, and I ended up getting meteored. When I respawned, he was standing at the very front of the ship. I charged him, and yelled "MUST! KILL! FALCO!" Then, I jumped, and Faired him into oblivion. It doesn't sound too impressive, but coupled with the war cry, it was absolutely amazing... a truly Spartan moment in Super Smash Bros. Melee.

The other one was a duel in Final Destination. It was me (ganon) vs. my friend (fox). The fight started, my friend jumped into the air, I Faired him, and he fell off the edge, and didn't react in time to recover. It was the very first hit in the entire fight.

Ganondorf is such a beast...

Patinator

Smash Champion
...Opening poster, you SO took your sig from my best bud. lol

I remember defeating a Lvl. 1 Bowser... Handicap 9, mine 1... Damage ratio .5. Tough fights... But it was cool, because I Knee'd him like twenty times in a row, and finished with a Falcon Punch. Not really epic or anything, but...

Sir Nels the Slayer

Smash Cadet
My greatest KO ever involved a 1v1 match between me and my friend on Corneria. I was Pikachu, and he was Kirby. He was standing on the bottom-right part of the ship, directly below that pointy thing that sticks up. I had a green turtle shell, and was on top of the pointy thing. I jumped into the air, directly above him, and threw the shell downwards. After throwing it, I did Pikachu's Down-B. My friend dashed out of the way of the shell, easily. But, then, the down-b hit the shell, sending it flying horizontally directly at my friend. He gets hit by it. Then, as he is flying upwards from the blow, the shell bounces off the ground and upwards, hitting him a second time. He is now over the edge, and is forced to jump to get back on. Then, the shell bounced diagonally off the rocket end of the ship, hitting him a third time, and killing him. If I had a camera, and happened to be recording at the time, the event would definitely be on Youtube as my #1 best moment in SSB.

My second greatest KO would have to beduring a more recent 4 player FFA match. Me and one of my friends were both Marth, and my other two friends were Falco and DK. It was a Stamina match on Brinstar Depths (the one with the dragon). The other Marth player was very inexperienced in the game, and fell off after the map was rotated by the dragon's claws. I barely managed to kill the DK, leaving me with 3 HP. My Falco friend had 83 HP. Luckily, they thought it would be clever to set Pokeballs on very high. I was basically running from my friend, and the map changed to my advantage. The falco was forced to use a double jump and Up B to stay alive. During this time, three pokeballs spawned under my feet. As he came up, I threw them, one after the other. Three legendary pokemon came out, and proceeded to open three cans of whoop-butt on my friend, killing him very quickly.

Midboss

Smash Cadet
Doubles match, Final Destination. My Mewtwo & my best friend's Link, against Marth and Captain Falcon. High percentages, everyone bordering on death. I'm trying (and failing) to edgeguard Marth (go figure, right?) on the right side, while Link is doing the same (but not failing quite as hard) on the left. Eventually, I manage to shield grab Marth, and back throw him. At that very moment, the Cap'n was using Raptor Dive. The throw places Marth directly in the dive, and he gets hurled back over the stage, too stunned to recover.

Samus vs. Sheik on ... I want to say it was Dreamland 64, but I can't clearly remember the stage. The Sheik (a very unskilled Sheik who doesn't acknowledge the existence of the gay needles) is standing at the VERY edge of the stage, having rolled into position to edge guard, while I'm bomb jumping to recover (knowing the guy doesn't realize how good his needles are to gimp me). Another thing he didn't realize (I don't think he even knew bomb jumping EXISTED), was that Samus can attack out of the morph ball. Meteor smashed off of the edge.

My Ness against my best friend's Link, on Temple (don't groan). After a struggle on the top right of the stage, I slip away and take the Hyrule Jump to escape briefly and break his rhythm. Shortly after, rather than letting me charge back up the corridor and attack from below that way, he followed me down the jump. PK THUNDER! Caught him with it from behind, and killed his horizontal momentum. He came up short.

I have too many great KOs to choose from.

Patinator said:
I remember defeating a Lvl. 1 Bowser... Handicap 9, mine 1... Damage ratio .5. Tough fights... But it was cool, because I Knee'd him like twenty times in a row, and finished with a Falcon Punch. Not really epic or anything, but...
Try it with a level 9. It's more fun that way. To be fair though, I did it with Samus, which is cheap and easy.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
1 stock me, 3 stock opponent. (I'm Kiiiiirby)

I do a N-air ~> U-tilt ~> B-air ~> B-air ~>Swallow Cide
Repeat.
Repeat.

Oh, these are 0 deaths. ;)

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Against Taj at 0c3, I was about to get 4 stocked and Taj was at a high percentage. He shoots a fully charged Shadow Ball and I powershield it and it kills him. My most memorable kill ever. Taj even said "Nobody powershields Taj!!"

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I played my friend 1 vs 1 (well it was 2 v 2, but the other two already were out, and both of us had 1 stock; I was Roy), and he was camping on my arse. Ya, NEVER PLAY HYRULE TEMPLE! (that is when I first learned that! :grin:). Apparently they wanted to "see" how well I did without "advanced techniques". I got sooooo pissed from the capming (actually, the truth is I felt like doing something randumb and exciting; I contradict myself a lot! :laugh:), I slapped the controller out of his hand and yelled "F***ING MINDGAMES, SON!", and KO'd my friend. BEST. MOMENT. EVAR!

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I remember my first ever kill at a tourney with more than 40 people. It was warm up rounds before an MLG (which I attended but left after a few rounds because I had to catch a plane, ARG!) My first ever match, I sat down beside a guy named Sean. He was Falco and I went random to YLink. Everyone thought I was toast, even the people that thought I was amazing and dragged me there. I was just the new guy that came from nowhere and was a "n00b". The very first stock went like this...

Falco SHlazers a few and I run shooting projectiles back. He comes by with a SHDair and I Utilt him out of it. Then grabbing him, followed by a seccession of comboing with WDs into Utilts, Dthrows, Uthrows, a Uair and an Upsmash sending him off the stage with the backswing. He used Illusion to recover and I hit him with an arrow uncharged, sending him slightly bellow Dreamland. I had I think 9% and he had 80+.
At this point, someone behind us yelled "Forwards been Haxed!"
I SHed backwards off and used the grapple recovery to latch on the lowest part of the wall, knocking him under the stage.
For me, in my first really big tourney and real test that wasn't just tourney goers that came to visit every month or so...the best stock EVER!!!
I won that first ever big tourney battle too. Beauty :p

And Johnknight1... That's ****ing awesome :laugh:

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
i pulled off a ken-combo on my opponents fox on dreamland. since we play pal-version he was able to meteor-cancel it... at the perfect altitude to get a reverse dolphin-slash. was delicious!

i was recovering from below the edge on fd, me marth, my opponent a ledgehogging fox. he dropped, shined me and immediatly firefox'ed, i teched it, walljumped and reverse dolphinslashed him out of the firefox. was delicious too!

platnum

Smash Lord
opponent:(marth) shielding.
me:(roy)pounding on his shield.
him:shield break.
me:IMA CHARGIN MAH FLARE BLADE!!!!111!1!
him:oh shi--*boom*
me:shoop da uh...blade?
him:GAAAAHHH
announcer:GAME!

Epic...just epic.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I was playing with some of my friends; I was Ganondorf, one guy was playing as the Ice Climbers, one was playing as Ness, and I forgot the other one. The one guy picked the Ice Climbers, only because he knew how much I HATED them (I just flat out hate them, not b/c I can't beat then, I can do that pretty well ;)). Anyways, I had just gotten KO'd (it was a 5 stock match on Temple XO), and JUST got back to the stage. Using the invincibility frames to my advantage, I charged up a Warlock Punch, just in case. Well, what do you know, Ness hit them STRAIGHT TOWARDS my punch, and they were hit SKY HIGH out of temple. Insta-KO :D

Best.
KO.
Ever.

Both Ice Climbers suffered the Warlock Punch and paid dearly for being included in Brawl :D

mark.

Smash Journeyman
greatest ko?

oh, i was playing cal-o and we were in d2, i was the last one left against 3 cts and i planted the bomb(a) during pistol round. i 1shot a t ct on side, and i 2shot a ct on mid (short a)

then i went through ctspawn and one ct came from b and i glocked him

:d

Sir Nels the Slayer

Smash Cadet
Patinator, I believe mark. is describing a situation he encountered in Counter-Strike, where he planted a bomb, which is the goal to win if you are the Terrorists, and proceeded to slay three Counter-Terrorists, one of which he killed in one shot, the second of which he killed in two, and the third of which he killed using only the pistol.

Though this may seem to have nothing to do with the topic, the OP never specifically stated the KOs (or, in this case, kills) have to be from Super Smash Brothers. It would be safe to assume so, however, since this is a Super Smash Bros. forum.

Mark., I commend you for finding a loophole to the topic, and undoubtedly confusing a number of readers. :laugh:

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
I was playing as Samus, my friend Fox. We were both close in percentages (about 80-90%) and I shot a charged beam at him. He deflected the beam with his shine right back at me. I attempted to block the beam, but since we were so close, and Samus getting her cannon back down after shooting (the lag) I had just enough time to bring up my shield, resulting in a reflection, and killing him. The look on his face was priceless. XD
"Boom!"--> <--*Bling*
*Bling*--> *Skraah!* "GAME!"

altir

Smash Apprentice
thats right, I am greatest ko is evar.

so i was fighting my friend on fd. he was playing as some character and i was luigi. i back threw him off of the right edge from near the left one for some reason. i started to wd after him and accidentaly pressed b twords the middle, going into a green missle. i let go asap and got a missfire hitting him and winning the match.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
my best KO was on corneria. i was pikachu, my friends were marth, young link and kirby. after a long battle kirby and marth were gone and it was just me and young link. we were on our last lives and at around 140% each. we were on the great foxes engine at the back, i went for a skull bash, fully charged but he dodged it. So i was falling and figured that after a skull bash pikachu free falled. So i said, "oh sh**", so my buddy taunts with links like 9 second milk taunt. I was actually able to up+b right behind him, charge pikas over smash for about a second and a half and let it go and kill him. It was epic winsauce.

TheLake

Smash Master
I meteored a luigis missfire with zelda on battle zone

I fully charged a forward smash with bowser and hit a luigis miss fire on poke floats

I countered with roy on a luigis missfire

All in the same day

Bow before me (;

garbage

Smash Journeyman
Actually, the OP had a badass KO. I gotta try that.

I can't think of my coolest KO.

jwkirby64

Smash Journeyman
I would like to know all of your greatest KO's, funny and serious.

Mine is when my brother, my friend, and I were on final destination, my friend was samus, I was fox, and my brother was falco, after a long fight we all had one stock left, and samus had just hit me straight up and it was almost a KO . then falco charged at samus when she fired a fully charged charge shot at him, then falco skidded and put on his reflector and the shot went up at a 45 degree angle right at me as I was coming down and I flipped my reflector on right before it hit me and the charge shot went straight down, slammed into samus and she flew off the screen and died :3 :chuckle:
falco's reflector? i think u mean like a shield bounce or something cuz the reflector reflects things the opposite way doesn't it?

cllzzrd

Smash Apprentice
my 2 greatest are tied, so I will say them both.

#1- Im samus, I Fsmash the 3 other people off the edge of FD and get triple spike :) I do admit it is prue luck.

#2- I am fox against my brother (pikachu). We are having a fun-all-items-on-medium match. Last stock, a crate appears, a heart and bob-omb appear out of it and we both have 150%+ I am the first person to reach it, but my brother throws me off the edge and I nearly die. as I am recovering, he goes for the heart but accidently picks the bob-omb instead. He throws it at me and I reflect it back and it hits him sending him almost to his death on the other side. I recover and get the heart and procede to shine spike him. Needless to say, he was angry

orintemple

Smash Lord
I remember my first ever kill at a tourney with more than 40 people. It was warm up rounds before an MLG (which I attended but left after a few rounds because I had to catch a plane, ARG!) My first ever match, I sat down beside a guy named Sean. He was Falco and I went random to YLink. Everyone thought I was toast, even the people that thought I was amazing and dragged me there. I was just the new guy that came from nowhere and was a "n00b". The very first stock went like this...

Falco SHlazers a few and I run shooting projectiles back. He comes by with a SHDair and I Utilt him out of it. Then grabbing him, followed by a seccession of comboing with WDs into Utilts, Dthrows, Uthrows, a Uair and an Upsmash sending him off the stage with the backswing. He used Illusion to recover and I hit him with an arrow uncharged, sending him slightly bellow Dreamland. I had I think 9% and he had 80+.
At this point, someone behind us yelled "Forwards been Haxed!"
I SHed backwards off and used the grapple recovery to latch on the lowest part of the wall, knocking him under the stage.
For me, in my first really big tourney and real test that wasn't just tourney goers that came to visit every month or so...the best stock EVER!!!
I won that first ever big tourney battle too. Beauty :p

And Johnknight1... That's ****ing awesome :laugh:
Wait, you ***** Forward?! WTF how long ago was this!? And I want to see you play...

My best kill was either...

1. I was fighting this really good Peach player and I hit him off the stage so he recovered and floted a little under FD back and forth getting ready to UpB but instead I jumped down and UpB him(as Marth) and he gets tipped and bounces off the stage bottom to his death. It was a big moment cause this guy is considered the best around where I am so everyone jumped out of their seat and cheered me, was a great feeling.

2. I triple kneed a guy with Falcon. Pretty self explanatory.

luis92

Smash Cadet
My Greatest Win wasnt really a KO, me and my three cousins were playin Team battle me (mewtwo) and my teammate Ozg (ice climber) and our opponents my cousin Slayer (ganon) and Akina (shiek) we were playin on jungle japes my teammate ozg died and i had 1 life left with nearly 100% our opponents had brand new lives i was on the far left platform when both of my opponents charged at me they jumped up and they both did arial attacks while a side stepped and both fell into the water and the win goes to the Red team!! (my team) :D

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Mine was this----------I was playing my friend who was Shiek while i was Marth and it was VERY intense we were both at like 120+% and throughout the WHOLE match with Marth I would just wavedash back and fourth and surprise him with a Fmash while i was edge guarding he TOTALLY expected me to just stand there and took his slow SWEET time recovering with shiek to get her upB going and I ran out from the OTHER SIDE of Final Destination and charged up my Shield Breaker in mid air and knocked him the **** out.

Öni

Smash Cadet
Ok I don't remember my best KO but I remember one special KO(It was my friend who KO'ed me but who cares)
We both have played melee for about 2 month and it was the first time we played against each other.We played on Big Blue(big ? Is there a arena stage Big Blue?xD)I played Fox he the PINK Luigi we both had only one stock and were around 130.I stood on the big ship my friend under me on one of the smaller ships.He tried to jump up to me but he failed he tried it again...failed again...(wow know I remember how funny it was to be the biggest noobs)than he stood there and said ohh..now I'm shy and did the taunt.Before that I've never seen Luigis taunt but seeing it for the first time + Luigi was so pink I craked up and let the controller fall he jumped...double jump...Fair...and the winner is Luigi.
It maybe doesn't sound that great but if you were there you would know how funny it was.

Top Bottom