• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Weakness.

Noa.

Smash Master
There a lack of threads around here. In fact Ive been gone for a while, but matchup chart thread is still on the first page. It's even been locked. That's sad :(.

So here we go I have a simple question or you.

Why aren't you winning tournies?

I know that for myself when I went to tournies I just had trouble thinking straight while playing. Sometimes my thoughts got muddled.

Any advice for me and the other players' problems that are posted here.

Asa

Smash Hero
i suggest deep breaths during a match to help clear your mind, or listen to music, that helps sometimes

My problems

getting outplayed

getting nervous

idk the nervousnes thing is a good and bad thing for me. I love it when my matches get hyped, but then at the same time the pressure may affect my game

like I was playing this snake in hawaii who is really good, and I was giving him a run for his money. Ppl were crowded around our tv cheering and stuff, and it felt good. but then i missed an sdi on snake's nair and died X/

Noa.

Smash Master
Getting outplayed has to do with eitjer not thinking enough or not knowing enough about options.

I hate getting nervous. I just get chills and I can't play anymore.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I hate stressing out too much about recovering. Sometimes, I'll struggle so hard to keep the opponent from ledge hogging that I pass up a chance I could have had to land on the stage with Tether's hop. And then get ledge hogged anyways :( I just need to relax more and think straight, so I guess it's the same as you, Noa

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I focus too much on the tournament as a whole, instead of individual matches. I section out my focus onto matches that I feel are most important, and allow my drive to suffer in others. This helps sometimes, as if I'm facing someone I don't have to try hard against, I don't have to exhaust my mind. But this can sometimes cause me to A) lose to someone I normally wouldn't expect myself to lose to, or B) sometimes be off in my game later in the tournament. So it's oftentimes a case of me not taking some of my matches as serious as I should, and I'm having problmes finding a balance.

As for in game weaknesses, while I'm pretty good at keeping opponents out, I have problems getting them out when they get in.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Read it and your life will be ruined.

idk, I can't seem to answer this thread seriously... sorry. =/

Isn't that the one that says you shouldn't jo in the days before a tourney? I'm gonna take an educated guess and say it is
Or any activity like that, yea

Noa.

Smash Master
Jo?

The only thing that I seem to be thinking is...THAT. Which Im not sire can be said on the boards. Is this blog on smashboards? Lol

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Jo?

The only thing that I seem to be thinking is...THAT. Which Im not sire can be said on the boards. Is this blog on smashboards? Lol
Lol no, it's on AiB, and then Rich Brown referenced HuGs AiB blog in his own AiB blog, which is how I found out about it

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
I always put up a good fight. But when they get the kill first. Though I leave them at 100%, I still can't seem to kill them back without taking a lot of damage.

Noa.

Smash Master
I focus too much on the tournament as a whole, instead of individual matches. I section out my focus onto matches that I feel are most important, and allow my drive to suffer in others. This helps sometimes, as if I'm facing someone I don't have to try hard against, I don't have to exhaust my mind. But this can sometimes cause me to A) lose to someone I normally wouldn't expect myself to lose to, or B) sometimes be off in my game later in the tournament. So it's oftentimes a case of me not taking some of my matches as serious as I should, and I'm having problmes finding a balance.

As for in game weaknesses, while I'm pretty good at keeping opponents out, I have problems getting them out when they get in.
Hmmm, Olis never been good at close range.

The best option is to run away lol. Sh nair, dtilt, sh retreating whistle.

I hate our jab oh god. If I could make some changes to Oli, one would definetly making jab unshiedable between hits. Add an autocanceling nair and a super armor grounded Up B and I would be happy.

Noa.

Smash Master
Desynched smashes aren't close range. In fact the pikmin has to be what, roughly a roll's length away. I wouldn't call that close range.

Dnyce

Smash Master
hugs is amazing. as a smasher, a person, and a writer. his blogs are very insightful. however, that bit of advice he gave about not jacking off and having sex before a tourney is big steamy pile of horse poo.
Tournament results speak for themselves :(

Alakazamaster

Smash Rookie
Nerves. Nerves are what keep me from playing well in front of a crowd. :< Oh if only official tournament took place in the comforts of one's own home. :p It would keep me from completely forgetting how to deal with certain MUs, that's for sure.

Top Bottom