• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your top two mains and why

SHUCKLE MAN

Smash Cadet
Mine will probably be Ivysaur, because he's related to some of my favorite Pokemon and seems usable and Mario (depending on how similar he is to Dr. Mario, who was my main in Melee).

End Game

Smash Journeyman
Wolf - Why? Because he is a wolf, thats why. Oh, and because he was my favorite Star Fox 64 character and i was really hoping he would be in melee but he wasn't...so yea, its a but time! After watching some vids of players actually using wolf correctly i decided that i was indeed going to main him.

Ganondorf/Falco - My mains in melee...i do not want to abandon them because of the brand new, shiny new characters. I will keep playing as them because they just rule in my book. Too bad that Falco lost his pillaring.

=Samus-Aran=

Smash Journeyman
Samus-She can turn into 2 different characters, and they're both awesome. And I'm the best with her in Melee.

Luigi, Marth, Ike- I'm a little less good with all of them than with Samus. Marth and Ike..I'm trying to deceide which one I will be. Luigi is just awesome. He has an awesome recovery, and great moves.

Olimar and Pikmin-They look like such a good character to be! Just gotta wait until SSBB comes out to see if I'm really good with him or not.

=S-A=

TenshiOni

Smash Apprentice
1. Pokemon Trainer - Pokemon is my favorite Nintendo franchise. I grew up on Red + Blue and have bought every main Pokemon game since then (all versions). And the three Pokemon the Trainer uses are evolutionary forms of my favorite evolutionary Pokemon lines. So yeah, he's a nostalgia bomb for me. Can't wait to try him out.

Oh, and his Final Smash is win. "It's super effective!" Genius.

2. Sonic - While I grew up on Pokemon and the Gameboy, I also grew up on Sonic and Sega Genesis. Looks like a lot of fun.

Luteyi

Smash Apprentice
Pit- Not only was the game was one of my favorites, but I also like his style both in smashing and in appearance. The impressions I've heard/seen are great for my taste as a plus (Great Potential, + Amazing Recovery, Good Techniques .etc) and he defantly seems to be the type of character I will readily enjoy and relate to. I'm looking forward to learning about him and maining him and I also would like to thank those who have provided general information as well as videos about this particular character.

Peach-Peach is probably going to be my second main, due to some of the above reasons as well. Her style seems to be great and improved, and I always enjoyed her over Mario. Her impressions don't disappoint either.
its sad how so many ppl r becoming gamespot noobs =(

Mr. M

Smash Journeyman
Pensacola, FL Wargh! King Dedede, how dare you be
Samus: I dig quick, but heavy characters. Plus, she has more traits I love (great recovery, distance attacks). She's everything I want in a fighting game character, and then some.

Toon Link: Though, sometimes I love a good light character. That's where Toon Link comes in. Quick, but powerful. Works for me.

do I have to do only two? :p I'm probably not going to have a main for a while in Brawl. All the characters seem **** balanced, and worth using, with the expection of two or three.

Hypnotoad

Smash Rookie
1) Dedede because, well he is a giant penguin carrying a massive, jet engine, hammer and he wears a robe. he's so pimp!

2)Metaknight because i love his speed and combo-ability.

3)Yoshi! he was my main in melee (pink ftw!) and i plan on giving him a try in brawl

OrnageOctopuse

Smash Rookie
Ike for his brutal force in every swing and great range(also doesn't help I'm a HUGE Fire Emblem fan), and Wolf for his quicker maneuvers in relation to Ike, while keeping killing power. The Blaster, Shine, and the freaking HOWL taunt just makes him too cool to resist.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
I'll have you know, picking only two characters out of a roster of 35 is pretty tough. Considerring that I haven't played the game yet, this will likely change come mid-March.

1) Bowser - He was my main in Melee, and he will continue to be in Brawl.

2) Really, this one is up in the air. I'm interested in one of the Link's, but Toon Link is going to be over-used and I'm not incredibly fond of TP's style. Metaknight is also one of my favorite Nintendo characters, and it seems that his popularity has dwindled a bit now that the entire roster is known. So, I guess this spot will either go to Toon Link or Metaknight, but I'm leaning toward the latter.

Flavio

Smash Rookie
1) Ike- He's slow and powerful, and I like that because this type isn't usually very popular. The main reason is that I simple think he's a cool character.
2) Bowser- Again, I simple think Bowser is cool. It's not because of how he plays but just because I LIKE him.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Pikachu; he's quick, he can be strong, and he's got lots of charm. And it's fun to beat people with a little Pokemon.

I like Samus as a character, and Pokemon Trainer represents my favorite franchise, but I might have to look into Wolf too, because I like StarFox as well, he looks totally badass, and he'd make the perfect rival to my brother's Fox. :)

Kruton

Smash Ace
SNAKE: He's really hard to play, but he has a lot of powerful moves and he doesn't KO very easily. Oh, and I have been an MGS fan for five-six years now. =]

MARIO: Mostly because me and my friend are going to do doubles as the Mario Bros. and I still can't find a character besides Snake that I am completely comfortable with.

reu_1303

Smash Apprentice
"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to fin
1) Toon Link. I loved wind waker to me it's one of my favorite zelda games of all time. And best of all you have old school link color for him, how can you not like that.

2) Marth, Im a big fire Emblem fan so I want to use an FE character and I like marth better than Ike.

Sl1th

Smash Apprentice
1. Samus/Zamus- Since there are a few options to switch between these two now I plan on using them both to perfection instead of playing one exclusivly. Samus has always been my favorite nintendo character so im sticking with her
2. Snake- This place was originaly going to be MK but after seeing many Snake vids I saw much potential in his setups via explosives, not to mention he has the coolest smash attacks bar none.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I detest the number 2...3 is my favorite ritualistic number.

Pit - I wanted Pit ever since I unlocked his trophy back in Melee.

Wolf - I love Wolf. I love wolves. My main from Melee was Fox, and I always had "WOLF" as Fox's nickname. WolfCypher is username on many boards. I want a wolfdog when I get older. Werewolves interest me. Blah blah Wolf. Wolf Wolf Wolf. The sun gives us energy. My toe hurts. I wanna go home :(

Lucario - Fighting-type Pokémon are my favorite, and Lucario is my favorite Pokémon. I knew Lucario would be in Brawl, so I had a place already set at the table for it.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
The real answer...ALL of them (Cept Wario...meanie...)

It's tough, but Lucario is up there with PT. Also Pit, and Metaknight. Kirby's looking better, and Snake is freaking awesome. So's Sonic...ergh...Ike...TOO MANY CHOICES!!!

Namely, I can't have a main until I play the game first.

Senor Crouch

Smash Journeyman
My main is Pikachu- he is quick, annoying, I am a big Pokemon fan, and he was my main since SSB64. Not only that, but after seeing Anther's Pikachu in action I know what Pikachu is capable of doing.

Second in command is Fox- I like how fast he is and the fact that he falls fast (although I am not sure if falls as fast in Brawl, haven't played it yet). Oh, and have you seen the way he looks in Brawl! Nuf said.

If you want to check out my entire team then check my sig.

Ca$hoholic

Smash Journeyman
The Cold north! even though it is pretty hot...
1. Lucario, I wanted lucario since Sonic came to life there, i have always dreamt about a battle between those two, and i mean it dreamt! Lucario has been my favorite sinooh pokemon some time too... But after being confirmed on brawl, he's like the only pokemon i can talk about xD

2. Either Mario or Yoshi. I play as Yoshi All the time on Melee, but e must think about mario's awesomeness after himbeing mr. nintendo...

Hey! Mario, Lucario it rhymes o.o

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
Toon Link- Love the design, loved WW and PH, adn seems strong

Sonic- My third most-wanted character, seems good when mastered, one of my favorite game characters

R.O.B.- Cool WTF character, a good heavyweight with balance of power and recoery

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
Poke'mon Trainer- Loved red version when i was little (one of my first handheld games)

Sonic- Was the first video game i played (Sonic 2)

adaptor17

Smash Journeyman
1.Lucario-after melee, i was definitely hoping for a rebuffed mewtwo.and low and behold my wish came true.with his special moves,(a counter,projectile,close range,and fox illusion ish type attack) really makes this character something special.since im very picky and such, his personality also hit me well.with his ability to speak and comprehend humans and the willing to sacrifice himself for the better of the world, he should be god **** president.i also really like his ability that the more percent he's taken, the more percent he gives out.

2.Link-he starred in my favorite n64 and 1 player game.ive mained link in the 64 version and melee.and with his buffed speed he definitley seems like hes gonna be a pretty tough enemy.i know every single trick in the book w/ him and i truly have mastered him and what he can do.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Wolf - I heard he is like Melee Falco, and Falco was my primary main.

Luigi - My secondary main in Melee, one of my favorite characters of all time, and got buffed in brawl suposedly.

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
pit- fast attacks fast speed amazing recovery i just like sppedy characters
MK or Sonic- light fast chacters again i like meta knight cuase he cool sword attacks and sonic well hes sonic

GamerdudeAT

Smash Apprentice
Well Sonic of course. I love a character with good speed and who can keep the pain coming. I might also main Capt. Falcon because of the same reasons and his knee ability. And Snake because of his explosives. I love those moves that blow everything up. I know you said top two, but it's a tie between those three.

Reckoning A16

Smash Apprentice
In no particular order:

Pit: He can fly/glide (under stages!) has fast and effective projectiles, has an awesome two in one weapon, and I like his hair, kind of reminds me of Sora (who I wanted in Brawl btw).

Ike: This guy is a powerhouse, main reasons why I like him is because of the fact that he is a power house with a two hand sword, he looks completely bad-***, and he has a cape! I mained Marth in melee and loved the guy, so Ike will definately be one of my mains.

Kind Dedede: He just looks cool, his hammer is cool, his moves are cool, and I like him a hell of alot better then Bowser and Ganondorf.

*Other possible mains*

Snake: I like the fact that he is so different from everyone else in Brawl, plus, he can attach bombs to peoples heads!! Thats awesome!!!!

Meta Knight: He is just cool, and would actually take Pit's place if I can control him better.

toon link 94

Smash Apprentice
my two favs are toon link and pokemon trainer and why u ask 2 words because there both kick ***!

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
This is going to be incredibly hard for me but I suppose I'll have to say:

Sonic - One of my first video games was Sonic 3, and I just loved him ever since. He's blue and can kick *** wherever he goes. He is inspiring simply because of his outgoing and independant personality. He's a nice character and can pretty much get along with anyone. I wouldn't care even if he was the lowest tier, I'd still main him and find a way to pwn. But then I saw his move set and watched a couple vids and I loved his character even more.

Link - This was a hard second choice but Link has to take this spot. He is amazing and was my second favorite character right next to Sonic. I try my best in melee to become the best with him for he was my main there. I love his games, I infact still play them. Link as a character is calm, cool, and collective. Very smart and in my opinion, the best swordsman in the game. I also had a thing for power characters over the speedy one's in melee. Just after playing a few of Link's games, I suddenly stopped hating the color green. I love his moveset aswell.

There are still a lot of other characters that I want to try out, I won't give a big explaination for them though.

Falco - He was my second main in melee, and wasn't just another 4 legged animal in his starfox games. He's sound cool. Falco's Gangsta.

Toon Link - He's link and I loved the Wind Waker. He seems like a very interesting character to play as despite his similarities to Link.

Pit - Hell yeah, hes looks like another badass verion of Link. And the character itself looks cool.

Pikachu - Pokemon's badass. I just want to be able to kick *** with a giant rat.

Pokemon Trainer - Bulbasaur was my favorite pokemon so I'ma abuse Ivysaur whenever I get a chance to use him. Pokemon FTW!!

Lucario - Yes more pokemon. I loved Mewtwo in Melee, and he seems like the closest alternate. I'm going to try and relive Mewtwo through this guy when I get chance to.

King DeDeDe - He looked badass in a few vids.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Marth- who doesn't like a gay swordsman? :laugh:

Lucario- Do I really have to explain? He's the closest thing to resemble mewtwo and is the meaning of badass in the Pokemon games

Viscano

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi and Pikachu: I tried them. I was good with them. I practiced to be better, now they're my best.

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
Marth and Ike. I love the stark contrast between the two play styles, and I normally prefer swordsmen in games that provide them.

Top Bottom