• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YOUR Strategy when playing as Luigi

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
I, like to use MARTH the most...but LOVE to be different people. I believe that if you can get GOOD or at least decently solid with all players you will match up with other opponents well. You will know there strengths and weaknesses, etc etc.

What is YOR strategy?

I tend to work off of the Wavedash and Fsmash and Dsmash because his is so much more effective/weird than everyone elses. His wavedash is definitely the most effective...at least for me.

jas3

Smash Apprentice
i like to wavedash to jab grabs or just grab. or wd to d smash. i nair to combo break but can get into bad habits.

the i need to strengthen my thumb before i can get a consistent rise from my up B.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Perform mad mindgames with wavedashes and fastfalls. Wavedash for obvious reasons, but fastfalling due to his lower fall speed. Speeding it up or slowing it down depending on the situation seems to really confuse my opponents almost every time, as simple as it may seem, believe it or not.

Blending those with Luigi's sexy aerial attacks, moving into smash attacks when possible. Fthrow-WD-USmash-Chop-Missile is fun as well, if not slightly challenging depending on the stage and damage count...

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
doing the missile is risky because you coudl misfire off the stage and luigi is easy to edge guard for many characters.
I meant as recovery; sorry if that came out different. Doing the misfire in the opposite direction of the attack would act as getting back to the stage, and a misfire would only increase the distance from the edge.

jas3

Smash Apprentice
you might not necessarily get killed, it's not too unforgiving. it totally depends on what character ur opponent is. you can nair out of a lot of stuff.

jas3

Smash Apprentice
yeah, but before u use it u have to do one on the round first. like charging i up. if u could do it more than once in a row, it would be the best recovery move in the game.

Micheloxx

Smash Ace
im deffensive, using shieldgab a lot, and try to grab a lot so u start a combo, have to learn making techchase reading ur opponent mind nd mindgame him, with everyone but its pretty good with luigi..

Fire4All

Smash Cadet
Throw-->missile-->throw up--> close range up B-->juggle to their death...RINSE AND REPEAT!!

altir

Smash Apprentice
my stradgy is to as much damage as possible and then knock them off the edge.

the dthrow can be chaingrabbed with at medium percents if you jc your grabs.

wavedash to dsmash, down b, and sh fairs are good aproaches.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
my stradgy is to as much damage as possible and then knock them off the edge.
You win the world for the day XD
But I can win the universe with my strategy:

Wavedash --> Pwn

Luigi_Lova62

Smash Journeyman
Dash, dodge, Throw, A+A+A, up smash, hop and F-air, dodge (if an opponent tries to attack me in the air or above me) A+A+A, close range up-b.

That's all I can think of rite now.

altir

Smash Apprentice
Dash, dodge, Throw, A+A+A, up smash, hop and F-air, dodge (if an opponent tries to attack me in the air or above me) A+A+A, close range up-b.

That's all I can think of rite now.
you should only use a+a if you want to go into an ^B because the but attack knocks them away.

jas3

Smash Apprentice
i find it tricky not getting stale with approaches. but i just have to remember to keep them guessing with jab grabs, wd dsmash and double aerial approaches.

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
I use luigi as my main, but i can't wavedash...do you think i would be alot better if i could? because i can already beat lvl 9's no problem

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
but i don't see why, i can't use it whenever i want, i really have to concentrate on what i'm doing, and by then the lvl 9 computer has kicked my green plumber butt right out of the screen, and i already have my own fighting style which i'm used too

Luigi_Lova62

Smash Journeyman
but i don't see why, i can't use it whenever i want, i really have to concentrate on what i'm doing, and by then the lvl 9 computer has kicked my green plumber butt right out of the screen, and i already have my own fighting style which i'm used too
Then if your used to your own fighting style, then jus stick wit it.
I can't even use wavedash whenever I want either.

jas3

Smash Apprentice
if u only want to play lvl 9 computers then fine but if u want to play competitively then u should practice wave dashing. it doubles ur speed. also u will have less accidental dash attacks. u probably know how to do it but just practice implementing it. it should be luigi's main form of movement.

Luigi_Lova62

Smash Journeyman
if u only want to play lvl 9 computers then fine but if u want to play competitively then u should practice wave dashing. it doubles ur speed. also u will have less accidental dash attacks. u probably know how to do it but just practice implementing it. it should be luigi's main form of movement.
I'll do that soon.

jas3

Smash Apprentice
a good way to practice is with friends, just wd back and forth to mess with them. i mean if they are good it won't work but u'll get used to controlling it. try doing perfect wave dashes which are the longest length and the fastest.

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, i've recently been practicing with Kirby to try and get used to having more than two jumps, seeing as Pit will probably be my main :)

Top Bottom