• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Reaction to the Umbra Witch's Reveal?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I think talking to you has lost every reason. Telling you don't care, but showing you care immensly.
I beg you to leave this thread or board, if everything you can give, is unhealthy behaviour, and disrespect.
Denying evey other opinion but your own, and then your only arguments are opinions or preferences...

I just hope you find the strength to someday become happy again, and able to be happy for others.
Yh dude i ofc i care why you think im mad?
Just like a parent wont stop nagging her child why? Because she cares...

You are correct about that but you cant tell me what to do or what to like or to be greatfeul or respect something or someone who i think doesnt deserve any of it whatsoever..
Not even 1%

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Yh dude i ofc i care why you think im mad?
Just like a parent wont stop nagging her child why? Because she cares...

You are correct about that but you cant tell me what to do or what to like or to be greatfeul or respect something or someone who i think doesnt deserve any of it whatsoever..
Not even 1%
I actually can. Well, beg you to atleast. Have you read the rules of Smashboards?
Nothing against a healthy discussion of being unhappy about bayo, but stating she is undeserving and hatespeech her down, and everyone who tries to argue in her favor? Not cool man. Not cool.

Especially not in her own board. I mean, searching her board just you can be mad at her seems a bit masochistic.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I was extremely excited to see that they actually added Bayonetta. I had wanted to see her in the game (as far as third party characters go, she was only behind Snake, and constantly switching places with Rayman), but I didn't think it would actually happen!

I was kind of disappointed with Corrin's inclusion (he/she seems unique, but six Fire Emblem characters seems excessive - I would have much rather had someone from a franchise that didn't already have a ton of content (including another DLC character) in this game), but the Geno costume, and especially Bayonetta, more than made up for that!

FunnyZelda

Smash Rookie
When i saw bayonetta's amazing combos i decided to drop zelda and sheik. I've never played a bayonetta game and i don't even care but with those combos, those smash attacks ,the super annoying neutral b (did u see pit trying to walk? lol) and the counter that COUNTERED KO PUNCH... My mind was blown. I dont see her being good in 1v1 but in teams I'm sure she'll be a beast.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
When i saw bayonetta's amazing combos i decided to drop zelda and sheik. I've never played a bayonetta game and i don't even care but with those combos, those smash attacks ,the super annoying neutral b (did u see pit trying to walk? lol) and the counter that COUNTERED KO PUNCH... My mind was blown. I dont see her being good in 1v1 but in teams I'm sure she'll be a beast.
I'd really reccomend playing the games. Smash won't spoiler you, no worries, but heck, you should really try them.
And enjoy the music.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Ryu and Bayonetta were the two thid parties I wanted in the game most, and I dropped the dream of them being in around the time the game was coming out.

Then they both get announced; Ryu close to my birthday, Bayonetta around Christmas. Father Sakurai is blessing me.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I personally had other expectations on the reveal and so, Bayo was really out there as a final character. Technically because she meant none else would be taken after, which kind of led me feel bit bummed over what went down. I've been familiar with her through my best friend talking about her now and then + Tumblr. And well, the songs that I was shown had me quite hooked in.

All I can say now however is, purest hype. How can you feel salty over this piece of glamour? And her moveset looks really fun, too. I guess it's time to represent my region with her.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
I actually can. Well, beg you to atleast. Have you read the rules of Smashboards?
Nothing against a healthy discussion of being unhappy about bayo, but stating she is undeserving and hatespeech her down, and everyone who tries to argue in her favor? Not cool man. Not cool.

Especially not in her own board. I mean, searching her board just you can be mad at her seems a bit masochistic.
Some people, man. They feel the need to be so entitled to what they want that when things don't go their particular way, all hell breaks loose. They just don't realize how good they got it. Just the fact that Mario, Sonic, Megaman, Pac-Man, Ryu, Cloud, and Bayonetta are all in the same game is practically a gamer's wet dream. Most of these characters are gaming icons that have stood the test of time and then some. Eh, haters gonna hate. But I digress.

As for the actual reaction on Bayonetta's reveal:

I was pretty glad it was her over some of the other more popular choices. (Sorry peeps, not a fan of K. Rool.) Although my personal vote for the ballot went to Shantae (and another for Dio Brando as a joke), Bayonetta is a character that I'm okay with. I can definitely see her and Corrin forming a truly terrifying team what with his pinning to the ground and letting Bayonetta/Cereza go crazy.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I was watching with a friend and immediately thought Bayonetta when I read 'final climax' so we ended up arguing during the first bit of the trailer as I had put everything together from seeing Pit. As such my reaction was Smugness which followed into interest and excitedness. I never really wanted Bayonetta, but working out who it was managed to build a bit of hype and her move set looks so ridiculous, I love it!

Then immediately after I felt hollow as it was made clear she wasn't just one of the Ballot winners but the only ballot character. I like Bayonetta as a character and series, if not exactly wanting her in Smash (though I guess she's Nintendo second party now like Fatal Frame, so I'm fine with it, just think another installment would have helped her feel less of an outsider), it's just there wee so many options I would have been ecstatic about that missing them all really hurts.

I've since however come to another change of heart after sleeping on it, and feel most of the characters I wanted and were seriously in the running may be better off waiting for the next installment where they're clearly front-runners (assuming they did as well in the Ballot as they seem to have). Inkling would probably be much better with some ground up work for their ink to work just right. Banjo will be better served with a Rare Replay on a Nintendo platform which is apparently possible, but confirmed not happening 'till after Sea of Thieves. K.Rool would be better served with a new DKC game featuring him, and similarly Isaac would be better served with Golden Sun 4. This ballot effects more than just Smash, so It's left me really excited for the next game.

Dar4

Smash Apprentice
I'm OK with it. She looks so top tier broken though. Also didn't like how much they are censoring her (if you notice she hardly loses any clothes during her hair attacks) but I guess it's understandable since smash is a family friendly game.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
When I saw her for the first time, my mouth released such a high noise that my parents got scared and thought that I hurt myself. Understandable since I kind of wanted her and yet didn't expect her at all, even repeatedly kicking me you-know-where couldn't make me scream higher. Kind of awkward explaining my parents that Bayonetta made me do womanly sounds.

Can you believe that it was easier for Sakurai to put her in Smash than it was for SEGA to put her in Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed because they thought it was "inappropriate"? Despite SASASRT having some really weird non-SEGA characters.

Khao

Smash Lord
This was instant hype for me.

I was ****ing shocked. I thought it was impossible. Much like with Ryu, this is a character I always knew I would be super pleased with, but never thought they had any chances of making it in. And again, like with him, I'm so ****ing glad I was wrong.

It's a bit obvious she was toned down a bit for Smash's sake, but it doesn't feel like censorship, they really did their best to get her as accurate as possible within Smash's rating, and it works perfectly.

On her moveset? It looks stupid fun. I'm amazed at how closely her playstyle matches bayonetta, especially the deal about holding the attack button mid-combo to fire, and also the incredibly long air combos. Not to mention witch time+bat form, holy **** it's pretty much a direct transition of Bayonetta's gameplay into a 2D environment, which is awesome.

So yah, this was far from my first choice. But I'm ridiculously hyped for her anyway. Like, I'm probably even getting her amiibo even though I don't even use them -hyped.

Dekazi

Smash Rookie
my reaction ?
when sakurai said he is going to reveal the last character for smash bros i was getting really excited. then i see ****ing pit and hear palutenas voice and just go "wow seriously another ****ing kid icarus character guess my hype is killed then **** off" and then i ****ing hear bayonettas voice and go like "WHAT THE ****" then she appears on stage and i am literally SCREAMING "LETS ****ING DANCE BOYS" at this moment i was ****ing hype as **** and got tears of joy in my face and i had to instantly put on this ****ing song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPHr9ghVyNU and i was just hyped as **** the whole ****ing day

i voted for young link but i am very happy with bayonetta she is cool as **** and i have almost all achievement points on the first game sadly i can't play the second game cause i don't own a wiiu but still bayonetta is ****ing awesome and i seriously don't care at all about the other allot characters anymore cause i think bayonetta is extremely unique and the best addition for smash bros also she will be the second DLC character i will ever buy together with Corrin i seriously didn't liked the other dlc characters cloud and ryu and mewtwo and all the other are simply not my playstyle or the character is not appealing to me at all

tl;dr BAYONETTA ****ING HYPE AS **** LETS DANCE BOYS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPHr9ghVyNU

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
"The last character reveal." Okay, here's the ballot winner.
You have Pit talking. Okay, it's probably not a Kid Icarus character, but maybe Hades won?
The first person view approaching the stage. Okay, it could be literally anyone. Come on, Isaac...
Bayonetta appears. No Isaac!! NNOOOO!! But that's okay; Bayonetta sounds about right for a Ballot winner. I'm okay with this.
I grew to get hype for her. She looks pretty damn great! Not who I wanted, but god enough to heal a little bit of the salt from Corrin.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
>Pit beating dudes up
Mmmmkay. I'd say Hades or Viridi. Or even better, Medusa.
>"Oh, another angel."
What is this, Sakurai's new Kid Ica--
>Bayonetta
Wait, what? Why? Isn't she too mature for Smash?
>And then the combos and moves go and go
Oh. Schist. Yet another character I don't care about otherwise that deserves at least one play.
>Umbra Clock Tower
Wait, future counterpick inevitable? WHAT?! And I thought Hideki Kamiya wanted nothing to do with Smash!

Needless to say - as someone who doesn't care about Bayonetta - my body suddenly became far from ReggieGiygas. :^)

Otterz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Otterz
My friends and I thought it was Medusa from Kid Icarus and we were all bummed out until Bayonetta appeared. We all went crazy. I'm surprised I didn't recognize the voice immediately, this was totally unexpected.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
And I thought Hideki Kamiya wanted nothing to do with Smash!
This I what confuses me. We were told by the character's creator that they would never be in Smash, yet here we have Sakurai telling us she was the most voted for videogame character that they could actually convince the makers of to let them use. Something's weird here and I don't like it/her.
Awesome looking stage though!

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Hm? Hideki Kamiya said he would be glad to see one of his creations in Smash.

Either you quote Kamiya on twitter, where he is an insulting hero (I mean, thanking all the "Smash idiots" is beyond epic). Or maybe you think of Kojima, who didn't what could happen about Snake.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
This I what confuses me. We were told by the character's creator that they would never be in Smash, yet here we have Sakurai telling us she was the most voted for videogame character that they could actually convince the makers of to let them use. Something's weird here and I don't like it/her.
Awesome looking stage though!
Maybe the winners in america were , Snake, Bomberman and Goku. And with snake and bomberman you know with which company they would need to negotiate, don't you? Yup, the K that shouldn't be named.

Dan

Smash Lord
Honestly, most parents aren't going to notice this until Feb. So holiday sales will be fine. And even then, big whoop. Parents get mad, it causes some mild uproar, if any, and we all live on with our lives.
Yeah, plus she's even going to be so small on the screen; who's to notice?

Douglas Jay Ganon

Smash Apprentice
Full of joy. After playing the games and voting for the character, seeing her move like in the game is AMAZING. Also tfw you think it might be impossible for Bayonneta to be in Smash because 2 sexy 4 me, but Sakurai's magic solves the problem.

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
There were a bunch of characters I would've loved to see in the game, but Bayonetta was by far my top pick. I almost fainted when I saw her.

And the way how they built up to the reveal was awesome too. I mean, first Sakurai actually says that it's the "climax" which is a word you see a lot in Bayonetta, then the next thing you know, you see Pit (an angel) at night. That right there is when my mind started losing it.

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
No dude i wont stop playing the
Why? Because its gonna be too fun destroying these CashCow tier horse **** riding Sakurai love **** with the old chars.

I like this game dude dont you get it?
Going to say this right now, and hopefully this will get you to think about your behavior.

I see you everywhere, and I guarantee, literally 80% of the posts I see from you are negative. We don't need people like you in this community. Why don't you wipe that salt from your eyes and accept that your not the director of Smash Bros.

(Of course, I do not mean this in anyway to offend. Think before you act.)

Last edited:

CitrusRain

Smash Apprentice
That bit of Kentucky that has fried chicken.
NNID
CitrusRain
3DS FC
2079-7126-2128
Denial:
"This isn't the ballot winner yet. There's going to be another character revealed."

Anger:
"Where were her voters? I never seen anyone supporting this character!"

Bargaining:
N/A

Depression:
"Banjo and Kazooie are dead and they are not being revived. I am never going to play Banjo-Threeie."

Acceptance:
Well... At least I'll have Yooka-Laylee to play next year.

BayonettaKazooie.png

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
In regards to Mr. Kamiya...

Guy's just tired of being asked the SAME BLOODY QUESTION thousands of times. He's just as happy as everyone else.

MTTR.Akter

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I loved the playthrough of Bayonetta because it reminded of DMC, so I was pretty hype for her to get in. I was sad and dissapointed to hear that Solid Snake didn't make it, but I was glad that he was part of Smash altogether and it would have been even more awesome if they were in the same game together.

The first verse of Bayonetta's battle theme "Mysterious Destiny" really does tell about her inclusion in Smash XD:

♫♪Bayonetta, you mystery (Who...)

You came along with a destiny (...Are you)
This is your life
A battlefield telling you who you are (A mystery)
Bayonetta, this is your time (Hold tight)
You gonna sparkle,
You gonna shine (Moonlight)
Girl when you fight,
it looks like a dance
You are magic, you're magic (You're dancing beautifully)♫♪

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
I've never even played a Bayonetta game, but I'm familiar enough with her as a character, if that makes sense.

My reaction was pure shock. There was a WTF once I calmed down, but 90% of the reaction was my heart literally pounding to the point where I could feel it outside my chest against my freakin' shirt.

The moveset only kept said heart-pounding hype going because she's looking like the flashy Shiek-ZSS hybrid that I'd actually enjoy playing, and could potentially main.

SoopaDerpcat

Smash Cadet
My general reaction?

Oh boy. Another super-agile woman in a jumpsuit who is highly technical, can get off a ton of combos, and is able to spam projectiles. Because goodness knows TWO of those wasn't enough!
In all seriousness though, I can just tell. This is going to be another one of those characters like ZSS or Falcon who you encounter on For Glory and you're just like "Oh. Ok. I see how it is. Well, screw you, too."

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I was quite surprised, honestly. Was kind of speechless for a few seconds. I thought she might've been too mature for Smash(but then again we had :snake:), but it seems like that doesn't matter so much anymore. She's not a character I would've picked, but she's here now and that's totally fine. Shame it wasn't a certain furry, gray mercenary, but whatever. Depending on how things go with her, I may decide to pick her up to see if her playstyle clicks with me.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I can't help but laugh at the amount of salt certain people are emitting from :4bayonetta:'s inclusion. I mean, not everyone's getting every character they could possibly want, I certainly didn't, but am I going to throw a fit about it, declare Smash forever ruined, sell my Wii U or anything of the sort? Nope, I'll still be playing and enjoying the game. It stings a bit, sure, but what it ultimately comes down to is me focusing less on what I don't have and more on what I DO have. In the transition from SSBB to Smash 4 I lost a main(:wolf:), but gained 2 to fill the void he left behind(:4megaman: :4robinm:), and maybe more if it turns out I like how the new characters play. Missing one character or having one show up(a COMPLETELY OPTIONAL character at that) that someone THINKS is unworthy for Smash shouldn't invalidate why they would play the game in the first place. But judging on how things went down, I guess handling disappointment in a rational manner is something of a lost art for certain people to say the least. But honestly, this was going to happen one way or the other, with or without :4bayonetta:, or :4corrin: or anyone else for that matter. Sakurai can't give everyone every character possible, that just wasn't gonna happen. Whichever characters did make the cut were entirely at his discretion, and there's not much anyone can do about it, so I don't think there's any point to fretting over it so severely. I'm not saying others shouldn't express disappointment, but it is what it is and there's no changing it, at least not until the next game(whenever that might be).

Still, I may have been disappointed by the lack of :wolf:, but the amount of salt from her(and :4corrin:'s) inclusion put a smile back on my face. It really is just utterly hilarious seeing how people act over trivial matters like this. I'm not trying to start trouble or anything, it's just that some people tend to be......comedic in moments like this and I can't help but break out into laughter.

But enough of my rant on the whole situation. Congrats to all of those who got their most wanted in Smash.

SoopaDerpcat

Smash Cadet
I'm not mad about any particular character not being included in her place, I just don't think she really fits with the rest of the roster. Or looks like fun to play against. Or is a character I would like in general.

Seriously though, she fits so badly in my opinion that, the day she was announced, I went to bed, woke up the next morning, and immediately went downstairs to make sure it wasn't all some sort of bizzare dream.
It just didn't seem possible that a character like...this...could possibly be included in a game featuring Mario, Pikachu and Ness. The only other time I ever did that was when I saw Meet the Pyro.

I mean for crying out loud, she has a move called "bullet climax" where she bends over suggestively and sprays bullets all over the place. Could they possibly have made that any less subtle without just flat out calling it "Gungasm?"

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
I don't see how bending over suggestively is different from Snake chocking an opponent and you can hear a neck snapping sound (albeit subdued).

Top Bottom