• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Reaction to the Umbra Witch's Reveal?

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Wow, so we're getting Bayonetta, eh? I for one definitely didn't see that one coming! I'm personally pretty excited to see her coming to Smash Bros! For me personally, she's one of those characters that I would have liked to see in the game, but never would have imagined would actually show up.

Judging by what we've seen of her thus far, I believe that she will provide a pretty new and exciting experience that is based (quite well) off of her combos and mechanics that can be seen throughout the Bayonetta games. I am excited to see how her Wicked Weave mechanics play out with her play-style. For example, the part where one of them spikes enemies coming toward the ledge looked amazing. Sakurai even nailed her fluid movements in the air for combos as well! I can't wait!

When I first saw the trailer with Pit and Palutena's Guidance, I thought for sure that Medusa was being revealed. What did you guys think?

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Uncontrollable hype. She was one of my most wanted newcomers, but never in my wildest dreams did I imagine she'd actually make it in.

Thank you, Europe.

leesinger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yolo-swag420T.T
I think that this is the best possible outcome of the smash ballot personally. Everything about her looked fantastic. I can't wait to play her, February can't come soon enough. I never expected her to actually make it into smash considering she comes from a mature game and some may question how she fits into this game, but I couldn't be happier.

Last edited:

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
My reaction?

I cried. Out of sheer joy. And missed five minutes of the direct overtexting all of my friends (which are also bayo-fans) XD.
I had ALMOST lost my tiniest bit of hope by the time Sakurai said the last contestant would appear and seing her FINALLY after all the hoping from the last two years was too much for me.

Her moveset seems incredible and incredibly faithfull to the game. I really can't wait. And I'l have to order 50 amiibos of her, too.

I voted for her the very minute the ballot was open. I love her games so much....

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
I am sick, I have been caughing and hacking for days, my chest is sore, my lungs are sore, and my rib cage hurt from all the caughing fits I've been having

I still screamed like a banshee in my excitement when she was revealed. I whooped, I hollered, I jumped up and down and celebrated like an absolute moron.

My #1 most wanted Smash Bros. character is the winner of the Smash Ballot, that makes me so happy that I am not able to describe with words the levels of elation I am feeling.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Honestly? My initial reaction went kind of like this:

I eventually realized it was childish to get so upset at such a trivial matter, said "oh well" and got on with my life.

Not gonna lie though, I will buy her when she comes out. I need a full roster, plain and simple.

Last edited:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
I was sad about her not being Wolf, but she's a great addition nonetheless with a great moveset.

Pryze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Apollon1an
Well, there's not much to say outside of: HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE.

Oh man, hearing Bayonetta's voice after assuming it was going to be some Kid Icarus character... Words cannot describe.

I'm so glad to see her in Sm4sh after thinking she didn't have a chance at making it. February can't come soon enough!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I died inside...due to to much hypeness

Last edited:

LZCXR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LZCXRR
Honestly I got spoiled since I saw some facebook posts and the standalone trailer, if I watched the presentation live, I would have screamed like a little *****

But yeah I'm hyped

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I have over-dosed on hype.

Call an ambulance

:150:

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Maybe I didn't cried.
Maybe I didn't yelled.

But damn, never I will criticise Etika's reaction videos again.

I was so happy. SO HAPPY. Everything that I wanted is there! Hold A to shoot! WITCH TIME! The FS is so awesome!

BAYONETTA'S INTRO AS A STAGE.

One of a Kind / Legend of Aesir as musics!

It's so perfect, it's definitely the Climax of Smash for me. Never I will be this hyped again (except maybe Medusa... In Smash 5).

Thanks me. I mean, Europe :troll:

IblisTriggersPuppet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Oshawottfan33
3DS FC
4356-0745-3351
Really interested to play as her

i'm expecting something pretty cool since platinum games always have pretty good characters

I loved MGR

even though I haven't played bayonetta I think she'll be pretty badass in smash

Ulevo

Smash Master
Any hint of excitement I had was immediately crushed when I realized how ridiculous she is. How is this character supposed to be balanced properly? We have a reasonably balanced competitive fighter, and now for the last patch of DLC we get this?

I honestly feel like this is going to ruin things.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
"THANK GOD IT'S NOT LIGHT PIT OMG I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE LIGHT PIT FOR A SECOND THERE"

As much as I love the character of Bayonetta and as much as I wanted her in Smash it was kind of mixed at first since I was also realizing with certainty that Isaac hadn't made it. I'm enjoying the trailer a lot more now though now that I've had a chance to process it all.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I guess my reaction could be summed up perfectly as

I was a little disappointed that it wasn't K. Rool that won the Ballot, and all the other characters that I supported are now put aside for the next Smash, if it ever happens. For now, I'll be going offline from SmashBoards, but I have to say - Bayonetta looks awesome. Once again. Congratulations - supporters of the Umbran Witch!

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Frankly my hearth almost stopped when sakurai said "and now for the climax". Followed by the Kid icarus guys i got a little fear than it was another KI rep, but when i heard her voice and realized that Sakurai indeed meant THAT Climax... i simply couldn't close my mouth for the whole reveal :o.

Plus she is gorgeous with all the details, and looks extremely fun!

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Any hint of excitement I had was immediately crushed when I realized how ridiculous she is. How is this character supposed to be balanced properly? We have a reasonably balanced competitive fighter, and now for the last patch of DLC we get this?

I'm scared a little too. I considered praying about it, but since she's an angel hunter, I don't think it will help much. -_-

:059:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
To be honest, the instant Sakurai said "climax" in the subtitles, I immediately thought, "It's going to be Bayonetta!" Pit's spontaneous appearance in the trailer didn't exactly dispel mine suspicion.

Being a huge fan of the Bayonetta games, I was quite hyped by her reveal. She's a cool and complex character with one of the most unique playstyles in Smash. Can't wait to try her out.

Twewy

Smash Lord
At the beginning with Pit I thought "OH GREAT ANOTHER KID ICARUS REP TO GO WITH THE SIXTH DAMN FE REP"

And the moon and the British accent came and I was like "oh ****"

AND THEN SHE APPEARED AND I WAS LIKE OH ****

Kero the Invincible

Smash Apprentice
I was looking around the internet trying to find the video, and got spoiled within seconds of actually finding the link. -_-

I don't know anything about Bayonetta, personally, but I don't care so much about the character reveals per se.

I get my joy from all the reaction videos that come out after the announcement, and sort of leech off of their hype. What can I say? Seeing other people happy makes me happy, even if I wasn't the cause of it.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Tbh, I didn't think a rated M character would make it into smash. Can't say I voted for Bayonetta. Was too busy supporting my girl Ivy, but i'm super hyped she's in~

Asuming she's top tier (and lets be honest, she defs is) that would make her the first top tier in smash history that I'm interested in getting serious with. That's saying something man~

:006:

Twewy

Smash Lord
I'm......pretty sure every Metal Gear Solid game has been rated M.
MG1 and 2, Snake's Revenge were unrated, Ghost Babel was E, and Peace Walker was T.

Still doesn't change that Metal Gear is a M series. Bayo's actually the third M-rated series, if we count Final Fantasy Type-0.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I was upset she got over the other 5 most loved and wanted (aka it's was a lie of suggestion box and really a "the most voted will get the last spot in smash" thing.)

But overall I'm pretty hyped even though I don't play her games

She looks fun

oh did anybody notice she was tickling pit when she was grabbing him. (Her fingers was moving a lot from her grab animation.)

Oh ps Grizzlpaw Grizzlpaw

Snake is from a M rated game just to remind.

SpiritofSpeed

Smash Cadet
When Pit appeared I really thought it was a troll and we were getting another Kid Icarus character...

...and then that voice kicked in and I totally lost it.

Welcome to Smash, Bayonetta. Disappointed that there's only one ballot character, but a great choice to wrap the game up.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Didn't like that she was the last DLC character (and honestly, I disliked Cloud and Corrin as well), didn't like that she looks so OP.
The stage and music were really neat, though. It actually looks like the stage could be legal, too!

Dan

Smash Lord
Bayonetta kind of scares me like clowns scare little kids.

Foosedogg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyhater123
I died a little inside. Any Wolf, K Rool, or Inkling fans could agree. Kamui was great though. Bayonetta enraged me more than she hyped me up.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I realized how much this DLC is complete and absolute trash.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222

nah sheik will still wreck things lol

I'm sure they'll find a way to properly balance her without losing her unique style. I mean, she already has high startup lag on some of her moves.

Top Bottom