• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Personal Goals in Melee.

D

Deleted member

My goal is to earn enteral respect amongst the Melee community.

I'm currently working towards that goal.

What are your goals? And what do you plan on doing to accomplish them?

Last edited by a moderator:

"YOLO"

Smash Cadet
My goal is to be the fastest Falcon, and have the most rich and soild tech skill.

I been practicing at least 2 hours daily for one week now. I plan to keep it the same for ever lol.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I started playing Melee competitively (online) today. Today marks the beginning of my career. Ha.

Making bracket at a national within a year would be nice.

Alulim

Smash Apprentice
Being consistent at SDIing and Quarter Circle SDIing practically anything possible.

The Star King

Smash Hero
How's the online experience compared to project 64?
Pretty good. It's comparable to kaillera's p2p (there shouldn't be ds if both players are doing it right). It has a couple of pros in that you don't need to port forward to host usually (from what I've heard), and you can change the delay during emulation in response to lag, unlike kaillera where you have to set the delay before emulation starts.

Last edited:
Win a tournament in a really stupid way like pulling nothing but bombs and stiches and hitting with them

Ecoh

Smash Rookie
I think it's important to set short term and long term goals. In the short term, I'd love to actually be able to simply win a local tournament. I am nowhere near that as of now. As for the long run... I want to be considered the best Sheik currently playing.

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
Get back to traveling to melee tournaments. Haven't been to one since 2006. Been on a constant bad luck streak as far as money and jobs go. :\ I miss being around the community and playing with people irl.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
My main 3 goals since being active in the Melee community as of 2 months ago:

1) Improve
2) Have fun while doing it
3) Make friends in the process

All 3 have been met... But now I just want to improve more haha.

Last edited:

Ezzee

Smash Apprentice
Become the best in the world. If you aren't aiming for the top, why try?

S l o X

Smash Champion
short: best player in NE (~a month), best player in tristate (harder to estimate but around ~3-4 months)

long term: world class player.

R0Y

Smash Master
I used to have all stages and characters unlocked like in 64 and Brawl, so, unlocking everything except certain trophies.

And obviously, beyond that, to be the very best, that no one ever was....with low-tiered characters.

Last edited:

(G-S.N) Chicago Ben

Smash Apprentice
My goal is to earn enteral respect amongst the Melee community.

I'm currently working towards that goal.

What are your goals? And what do you plan on doing to accomplish them?
To get a sextuple knee with falcon
And be the Randall G.O.A.T

Last edited:

strawhats

Smash Master
hmmm...short term: top 5 at a CT tournament (HoG) and be a top 10 player in tri-state
Long- Term: Get top 32 or higher at a international/national sized tournament.

S P O N G E

Smash Cadet
I just want my mum to let me to tourneys and stop accusing everyone as pedophiles.

Ezzee

Smash Apprentice
Why try what? XD
If you aren't constantly pushing yourself to get better, why try? The people who don't really care about getting better are usually the people who sandbag their matches

"YOLO"

Smash Cadet
If you aren't constantly pushing yourself to get better, why try? The people who don't really care about getting better are usually the people who sandbag their matches
I agree with you.
But: why try what?
You mean : "why play" if you aren't aiming to win. ?
And if you always want to win, ergo you want to be the best in the world?

Thats it right??

Ezzee

Smash Apprentice
I agree with you.
But: why try what?
You mean : "why play" if you aren't aiming to win. ?
And if you always want to win, ergo you want to be the best in the world?

Thats it right??
You can still play and have fun, but there really isn't a point in trying if you don't want to get better

Laudandus

Smash Journeyman
You can still play and have fun, but there really isn't a point in trying if you don't want to get better
Being the best in the world takes an enormous amount of dedication, though, and you might just want to experience being really good but not necessarily want to put in M2K levels of work. It's a valid way to enjoy the game.

That said, I personally totally want to be the best in the world.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Wanting to get better =/= Wanting to be the best.

Your original statement was "Become the best in the world. If you aren't aiming for the top, why try?"

Last edited:
Top Bottom