• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your main and why

Luink

Smash Rookie
(stupid computer screwed up my post again)

yea i think its something like pride, I dnt see glory winning a tournament with a falco or a top tier cause i know they had more advantage, in fact so i prefer do my best and lose w link vs a fox/falco etc, than win shining with a fox...its just pride , and the fact thath link its in the middle

GCS Gaming Customs

https://gcsgamingcustoms.storenvy.com
yea i think its something like pride, I dnt see glory winning a tournament with a falco or a top tier cause i know they had more advantage, in fact so i prefer do my best and lose w link vs a fox/falco etc, than win shining with a fox...its just pride , and the fact thath link its in the middle
:gawmelee: For the Win

Wolfy!

Indecisive
Falcon, because he's manly and his combos are dope as hell. Also, my old next door neighbor used to always play Falcon, so it kinda stuck with me as a reminder of smashing with them back in the day.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Classic low tier mentality for casuals. It is unfortunate that I have to get grouped in with this thought process.

Zoler

Smash Ace
You are supposed to play a character because you enjoy it, not because it's "in the middle" or "not top tier"..

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
I started with Doc and then stopped playing him altogether because he was frankly not fun to play and moved on to Jiggs after watching HBox and some old Mango stuff and just generally loving Pokémon and I love the fact you're able to both space and rush down with her. Very fun character.

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
You are supposed to play a character because you enjoy it, not because it's "in the middle" or "not top tier"..
You're not supposed to do anything. The character someonepicks is decided upon their own beliefs and ideas on how they want to play the game. That's why there are multiple characters to choose from. Some people play a character to play because they think it's literally the best character and they can do well with it. Some play with a character because they like they way they look/play/feel.

There really is no right answer to choosing a character and in the end it's up to the player to decide, not arbitrary rules.

stickmantankguy

Smash Rookie
I main both Ness and Samus. I can't possibly choose between the two.
Samus is one of the most versatile characters in the game, in my opinion. There are always options with her, and her recovery is amazing. :samus:
Ness on the other hand, has crazy mind games and double jump canceling. Also the yoyo-glitch :ness:. He's the man.

Double Helix

Smash Journeyman
*sadface* People keep saying Ness has mindgames. Is that supposed to make up for the fact that he is a ****ty character? I mean...mind games happen with all characters at the top level (unless you are Dark...if you are Dark, spam tech skill). Thats like saying...I main Ness because he makes reads.

Anyways, I main Ness because I fell in love with the PK Flash edgeguard before all of this competitive nonsense. Now that I found the competitive nonsense I enjoy doing stupid things like DJC and PKT1 edgeguards. As if I needed to make this party game any harder, now I play a bad character that is just too fun to put down XD

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
I play Kirby, so that the fan boys can like my posts and veterans can think I suck at this game for maining him.

No viable approaches, low death %, floaty, slow, no range.... Yup. My kind of character. He sucks.

Nimbus

Smash Rookie
I've mained Marth for.. roughly 8 years. This was even before I knew the competitive community existed. His movements and spacing game just feel very natural to me, and they always have, even when I was a SHAMELESS f-smash spammer back in elementary school :p

Top Bottom