• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your greatest brawl moment ever.

Steck

Smash Journeyman
I got this really really awesome Falcon Punch once. I pulled it at exactly the right time after Meta Knight came out of his sideB. And then I said "Show me ya moves!" I felt proud.

And then I lost the match because I was using brawl Falcon lol

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
My gimping on a MK once: I used F.L.U.D.D. on his jumps then caped his glide and then caped his Up B.

Pearl Floatzel

Smash Apprentice
When I pulled off Ness' d-air on a Falco in the middle of its Phantasm and killed him.
Or when I won with an all-gimp match on my brother with me as Ness and him as Metaknight.

Coney

Smash Master
Using Jiggs and down by one stock on a Bowser who was at 138 percent.

I came down and immediately dashed at him and sent him into a combo that eventually lead him to 176% and me to bairing him against the wall and off the stage. When he came back for his second life, I knocked him from the left to Yoshi's Island back to the right. I tried to WOP him off, but his weight combined with my dwindling jumps made me retreat. He recovered and jumped up, I kicked him once more to the left, dodged a Klaw and rested to put him at 124% and finish him, winning the match.

I still had 0%.

Best of all, I have it on video. I'm putting together a multi-character combo vid, and that's definitely gonna be on it.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
comboing* someone off stage, spiking them at a low percent and then footstool them to ensure the kill. I 3 stocked that person too.

IvoYaridovich

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4355-9654-5728
When I first unlocked King Dedede's theme for the Halberd stage... I immediately went to a normal brawl. Picked Red Dedede and set my opponent to a lvl 3 Kirby, 1 Stock. Started up the stage... heard the song... filled with glee...

Totally forgot the stage takes off from the ground <.< "The Winner is, Kirby!" "... Well... crap..." Totally not the memory I wanted to have of that experience. Still my greatest moment though =p

I still get extremely giddy during any Kirby Vs. Dedede match up on Halberd. If we're both on the standard color schemes, its almost always a guaranteed loss for me since I go stupid with glee. <.<

I suppose second place is a Kirby came out to Edgeguard my R.O.B. at 0% (The kirby that is). He came from under me. I figured I was screwed anyway so I went for a D-Air spike. It connects but since he's at 0% he doesn't go far. He comes up again, I D-Air again. It connects again. I chased him off the bottom with D-Airs for the greatest 0-Death and win I've ever seen <.<

Cerrus

Smash Cadet
Throwing a fox off the edge of FD and spiking him at 10% as Olimar. Then going on to gimp his second life before dying once. A spike + an Olimar gimp = fantastic game :D

AbsoluteZero255

Smash Journeyman
When I first unlocked King Dedede's theme for the Halberd stage... I immediately went to a normal brawl. Picked Red Dedede and set my opponent to a lvl 3 Kirby, 1 Stock. Started up the stage... heard the song... filled with glee...

Totally forgot the stage takes off from the ground <.< "The Winner is, Kirby!" "... Well... crap..." Totally not the memory I wanted to have of that experience. Still my greatest moment though =p

I still get extremely giddy during any Kirby Vs. Dedede match up on Halberd. If we're both on the standard color schemes, its almost always a guaranteed loss for me since I go stupid with glee. <.<

I suppose second place is a Kirby came out to Edgeguard my R.O.B. at 0% (The kirby that is). He came from under me. I figured I was screwed anyway so I went for a D-Air spike. It connects but since he's at 0% he doesn't go far. He comes up again, I D-Air again. It connects again. I chased him off the bottom with D-Airs for the greatest 0-Death and win I've ever seen <.<
I know how you feel. There's epic-ness all over.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
When my friend threw a HR Bat at me while I had a Frankin Badge on:chuckle:

willblocher

Smash Rookie
Robbing my bro of a FS by guiding one of pit's arrows from underground Hyrule to the duck-through platforms all the way at the right of the stage.

Also, toadstool jumping anyone to death.

And being able to fly under most stages to the other side.

icewolf2249

Smash Cadet
Me and two friends were playing on Final Destination. My one friend was Lucario, I was Ike, the other guy was Pit; Pit and Ike both had one stock. Lucario gets the smash ball, does his final smash. I'm Ike, so naturally I get stuck, and I have enough damage already to ensure the KO. Pit's flying/gliding/up B saves him no problem. Lucario's final smash ends, and I go flying. At the same time, we see a flaming blur fly out from up the beam and go up off the screen, to where Pit was.

Soccer ball final smash double kill finishing move = epic win. And the replay will always be a reminder of how insane that was. We'll get it on the net one of these days.

EDIT: Omg, totally forgot this other thing. There was a tournament at my friend's school, it was the first or second round. One of the best players there (using Link) is fighting some average (maybe a little less than average, he would've been ***** by anyone of the other winners of the round) kid using Samus. Samus gets the smash ball, and uses the FS in the middle of the stage (as I said, a little less than average). The good kid rolls behind Samus, and then sits there enjoying the little laugh break he got from an idiotic FS. He actually put the controller down and put his hands in the air, knowing that he'd still have plenty of time to KO the Samus (had like 150%, give or take) with an f-smash.

Yeah, a lot of us were unaware that Samus' final smash sucked other people towards it. That was the guy's last stock too. Funniest, most humiliating loss I've ever seen.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Playing Spear Pillar last night on Wi-Fi.
I was Captain Falcon. I jumped into a reverse Falcon Punch and used the control stick to give myself momentum towards the enemy. BOOM.
So satisfying.

Though this is a close second:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=u1NjOxrIxq4

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
In a Marth ditto about half a week ago, I was up a stock on Battlefield and was recovering with the standard special. Needless to say, Frio (person I was playing) tries to intercept me with epic Marthness. And I release my special and thrust forward (giggidy), catching him with the tip, making him bounce off the corner of the edge of the stage and in 1/8th of a second, fall to his death and I win the match.

boom-man97

Smash Journeyman
i hit a meta knight to the other side of the field with 5 seconds left, ran over, knee of justice for the kill with 1 second on the clock!
didn't win be it was the most epic thing ever!

Kowz

Smash Journeyman
I was playing Ike, and a friend was using Ganondorf. Nuff said. JKing. Okay so we go in with 3 stock and the first omen was issued...I jumped up, then my friend does, and uses b-forward to slam me into the ground... then play continues normally, I jump off the stage then, instead of grabbing the edge use a bair to attack Gannon, and ultimatly die. As soon as I get back the smash ball appars, and he gets it. I knock it out of him, get it, but instead of using it, I watched my friend run off the stage shouting, "Gannon doesn't let others kill him! He can do that himself!" I laugh, and he reappers. I run to the end of the stage, he follows, then I turn around and jump over him as he starts the garlock punch. I use a bair and hit him into the air, he starts a b-forward off the stage to die, but somehow stops, and uses another gorlack punch, and falls to his death. I have 2 stock and he has 1. When he comes back, I injure him a little, then use GREAT AETHER! He lives..... then after some more battling jumps off the stage. Here's the good part. I START CHARGING ERUPTION (REGULAR B MOVE) ON THE EDGE AND HE GETS PERFECTLY HORIZONTAL WITH ME, USES B-FORWARD TO GET BACK ON THE STAGE< BUT INSTEAD GRABS ME AND SUICEDS!!!!!! I WIN! I STILL HAVE THE REPLAY.

Smash-Master9009

Smash Journeyman
when i was playin on a custom stage 13 seconds left in the match i shoot links final smash, it bounced! off one of my ice wall platform things and hit my opponent for the game winning kill....yeahyeah

triforce1313

Smash Rookie
When I was playing a one stock match against my friend who was Gannandorf and I was meta knight. I sent him flying off the stage and when he was about to use his second jump to recover I smashed him in the face with a pitifal, spiking him. Winner Meta knight.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I broke a Smash Ball with King Dedede's Waddle Dee in one toss from off screen. I was basically knock leftward into the air but was able to stay alive. Although the Smash Ball was most likely going to get grabbed by my sister or the two computers, I threw one right on to the stage and in the most luckiest throw, it hit the Ball, it broke and I got the Final Smash.

Now only if the pillars weren't there on that custom stage, they would have been easily knock out of there. >_< However, I still won though.

Hikarakuen

Smash Rookie
I forgot to save the replay, but the first time my friend played Brawl I was Ike, used Great Aether on him, then smashed him down into a smart bomb that had just spawned. We both got blown up, but talk about an awesome introduction to Brawl for him :p

Browny

Smash Hater
not to sound like a pretentious pr!ck or anything...

but my first ever competitive match (i never went to melee tourneys or anything like that) me as sonic vs Dedede on brige of eldin, I 3-stocked Dedede, with the final kill coming from me intercepting his up-b with sonic's u-air at the peak of dededes jump as he crossed the gap, star KO'ing him at like 110%. I didnt even know it was possible at the time. after winning the first round, next game was against an MK user, i felt like playing lucario and after getting the first kill and surviving at 140%, i barely took any more damage for the remaining 2 stocks and finished MK's last stock with a double team, living on 194%. 2 3-stocked matches, against supposed top tier, i was pretty **** excited to say the least, my hands were shaking so bad lol :/

Although my amazing first ever competitve run ended shortly after, getting owned by another lucario user when i chose Ness :(

WarrenT

Smash Rookie
When I was one KO away from winning and I was standing on a rolly box as Marth and I decide to hit the box while on it whereas it rocketed me off the board. Gitty up rolly box..

Adapt

Smash Lord
Pulling off a n-B>dash>utilt>uair>up-B>uair>up-B>uair combo with zamus on a friend of mine

made my night

Fatalized

Smash Apprentice
The greatest brawl moment i everr had wuz when me n my friend were air battling.
We were gimpin and we both saved each otha after like 5000000 attks

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
My favorite moment is when I falcon punched my friend and the power went out.

Coney

Smash Master
I just got another one last night.

On Smashville, I was playing a doubles match with three friends with the usual teams, our Mario and Bowser duo had been rocking it out all night.

Luigi is on the other team and is down to his last stock while me and Bowser both have 2. Luigi places himself on the upper platform of Smashville, and Bowser readies an up-smash to catch him. Knowing that Luigi'd move, I shoot my fully charged FLUDD to position Bowser directly under Luigi. My friend catches on and while still sliding, pops off the up-smash, surprising the hell out of Luigi and finishing the match instantly.

It was so good, I almost cried.

Top Bottom