• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your first online brawl

Drakemilio

Smash Rookie
What character did you use? What character did they use? Did you win or lose? Was it laggy?

Mine was lagging at the beggining but it was smooth through most of the fight. I was Meta-Knight and i veresed 2 Wolfs and a PKMN Trainer. And I won. :laugh:

FerretStyle

Smash Apprentice
I was Diddy against just an Ike, there was nobody else playing. 5:30 in the morning central time on release day.

We played for about 20 minutes before he left. I won almost every time... but we had a lot of SDs between us lol. ****ed input lag.

bnestman

Smash Cadet
I was Link, against meta knight, marth and pikachu, we played about 6 matches and I won all except one.

bnestman

Smash Cadet
Also it wasnt too bad lag wise, but it took a good 10 or 12 minutes to find other players...

Your Therapist

Smash Rookie
My first online match was against.... a Snake, I believe. I think I lost, but it was fun trying anyway. The lag wasn't horrible, but it was noticeable.

AcesWild

Smash Apprentice
I was Olimar against a Samus on Yoshi's Island at about 12:45a.m. on release day. The lag was horrible, but overall it was a fun fight. Olimar's final smash is great.

mNag

Smash Rookie
My first one was extremey laggy... seemed like 1-2 seconds before any inputs registered. I won the fight anyways, so everyone else must have been feeling the same thing :-/

Reckon

Smash Apprentice
Played an afk Metaknight with my Wario then I proceeded to play against two Pokemon Trainers on Flat Zone.
One kept spamming Squirtles side b while the other one flew around as Charizard. I came out on top of that match as well.

Oi Kyon

Smash Journeyman
I was Ike playing against my friend's Link, I won, but it was so laggy and he was using the remote.

homsar

Smash Ace
I played wolf, fought snake, metaknight and link. I also got lucky and had my stage choice (Yoshis Island) and my item choice (none). I won the fight easily and it was lag free.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
My first wifi match, I was Ike, on Delfino, vs. human controlled Link and Mario, and computer controlled Dedede.

I won the match, and it wasnt laggy, so I was happy :)

Soniccuz

Smash Cadet
First match Sonic vs. Fox vs. Yoshi on WarioWare stage; ended with me losing to Fox in sudden Death.

Wasn't laggy but every time I get on my connection dies in 5-10 minutes.

SomeRandomGuy

Smash Journeyman
I played team battle and i was Sonic teamed up with Ice Climbers vs. Ganondorf and Captain Falcon.

It was very laggy, then it got better, then i disconnected. I died once, my partner died twice and each enemy died once. What a first fight.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
For a while, I couldn't get a match...then I picked Diddy, thinking, "Sure, why not? It's not like it's going to put me in a game anyway." Then I got into an almost lag-free fight!

Jimtopia

Smash Apprentice
My first online match was agains't my friend, he was Ike, I think, and I was Kirby. I won. :)

RedKnight

Smash Ace
My first online match was against a friend, there was a little lag which wasnt hard to deal with but...
im addicted

illphil

Smash Apprentice
My first anyone match was against 1 other guy. The lag wasn't too bad, it was barely noticeable. Then my next anyone match was with 4 people and the lag was horrendous. My character would react about 1 second after I pressed the button

Marie_54

Smash Ace
Mehhh, i have to wait until the weekend to buy a lan adapter...:embarrass

but i must ask, is there a mode like the thing from subspace of "choose x number of characters and they change when they re-spawn" ?

wazgood

Smash Ace
i used marth and went for alot of dair spikes on FD, then ended up getting jewed on by the battlefield edges (they fixed the problem on battlefield but why did they have to put it on FD?)

oya and it lagged like a *****

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
hey anyone up for some onine brawling im trying to find some ppl to play with wifi im rlly good i think if ur interested in adding me and going against me let me know send me ur friend code and we can play right now

mrtracy

Smash Journeyman
I played Ike against a dark link, good match with not too much lag. i only played him once but i won, really exciting but the lag kinda kills it...

Kinlap

Smash Apprentice
My first online brawl was a random FC battle agains someone using the SWF Friend Code Finder. We ended up doing 1v1 on Battlefield, and I chose ROB while he/she went Pokemon Trainer. I ended up winning 2-0 and got 2 meteor smashes off with ROB's D-air. The game slowed down a lot, but still more fun than playing CPUs.

vapblack

Smash Cadet
Gannondorf

What character did you use? What character did they use? Did you win or lose? Was it laggy?

Mine was lagging at the beggining but it was smooth through most of the fight. I was Meta-Knight and i veresed 2 Wolfs and a PKMN Trainer. And I won. :laugh:

I used gannon and won. I wasn't too pleased with him though. I think it was against Marth, everyone seems to like him.

LucidDreamGod

Smash Cadet
I went on the gamefaqs online board which still has threads every secound or so, and made a thread saying I wanted to try out wi-fi with my FC in my sig, soo nas a refreshed some guy challanged me, I joined his room he was Lucas and I was pokemon trainer I think, we were on the ice climbers ice burg stage, which I never played on before that and it was very challenging to play on, plus I was a bit nervious, and there was definitly noticable lag and I lost, then I posted on some guys topic on gamefaqs I made a room this time, didn't take long, I was a number of diffrent characters we had about 15 matches I won slightly more, and the lag was almost non exisistent after awhile.

I think the lag gets better the more matches you have with the same person.

I had 2 friends on on another site I go to regulerly for the past 4 years that I played, it was alittle laggy sometimes. main ncharacters I use online are Falco, Fox, Lacurio, metaknight,Bowser,Snake, and PT (mainly squirtle)

Top Bottom