• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Favorite Philosopher/Philosopher You Most Agree With & Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

snex

Smash Master
Dawkins reminds me a lot of snex, actually. They both put together valid arguments, but with heavy amounts of insult and sarcasm thrown in. Trolls, perhaps, but intellectual ones.
when youve been doing this for years and theists just keep coming back with the same stupid dishonest crap over and over again you start to get sick of it.

its like the movie groundhog day. you wake up the next morning and the theists are saying the same crap they did yesterday, even though you refuted it.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
when youve been doing this for years and theists just keep coming back with the same stupid dishonest crap over and over again you start to get sick of it.

its like the movie groundhog day. you wake up the next morning and the theists are saying the same crap they did yesterday, even though you refuted it.
SARCASM METRE IS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!

News flash: theology doesn't suddenly change because you disagree with it. If you believe, fine. If you don't, then don't. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink--this goes for both sides.

yossarian22

Smash Journeyman
Dawkins reminds me a lot of snex, actually. They both put together valid arguments, but with heavy amounts of insult and sarcasm thrown in. Trolls, perhaps, but intellectual ones.
Don't insult Dawkins. Dawkins has the intellectual honesty and common sense to recognize that valid and coherent theism exists.
"If it is not a backwards self propagating belief system, I have nothing against it"
Not an exact quote, but I remember him saying it somewhere...

snex

Smash Master
SARCASM METRE IS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!

News flash: theology doesn't suddenly change because you disagree with it. If you believe, fine. If you don't, then don't. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink--this goes for both sides.
thats exactly the problem, isnt it? theology never changes. its the same invalid crap as it always has been. you prove an argument wrong, and theists will praise it even more. the dumber the argument, the more theists will use it.

yossarian said:
Don't insult Dawkins. Dawkins has the intellectual honesty and common sense to recognize that valid and coherent theism exists.
once again, proving youve never read a single word by the man.

snex

Smash Master
You cannot prove or disprove theology.
of course you can. all theologies make predictions of what we should observe if they were true. if the predictions fail, the theology is disproven.

yossarian said:
So, he has written papers declaring Taoism, Buddhism, and the like idiocy?
these are not brands of theism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom