• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Favorite Part of Playing Newer Players

Jimmology

Smash Cadet
I always find it interesting how casual players who haven't really played much are usually the ones boasting about their skill level or their mains. Then when asking a more experienced player about their skill level their response is usually just "I'm okay" or something along those lines.

ItsChon

Smash Apprentice
I always find it interesting how casual players who haven't really played much are usually the ones boasting about their skill level or their mains. Then when asking a more experienced player about their skill level their response is usually just "I'm okay" or something along those lines.
Because casual players still don't understand how good the higher skills are. Not going to lie, before I got the game even I thought I would be at least the level of average competitive melee players in a month or two. Boy, was I wrong.

Seal

Smash Journeyman
Those who haven't experienced the high skill level always think they are at the high skill level.

My friends and I who play at a moderately high skill level usually trash talk when playing against our friends who are casuals, but that's because we know that they won't be offended because we're all friends. It's sometimes funny to see our casual friends get frustrated, but they're slowly reaching higher skill levels thanks to fighting us. It's probably helping the higher skilled people in the group, too.

Jimmology

Smash Cadet
Yeah thats a good point. Personally, I dislike playing against lower skill leveled players because I will either have to not try in order to maintain their interest and learn nothing from the match or just crush them and feel bad about ruining their spirits/fun.

Seal

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, especially if you know they're the kind of person who gets upset if they can't win. I'd hate to be the one who made someone dislike Super Smash Bros.

Twilight Emblem

Banned via Warnings
Getting to see the unique interpretations each person gives to their character to make it their own.
Thats probably my favorite part of the game. With new players sometimes its fun to imagine just for fun how their unique traits and spin on their characters could translate to higher play when they get better

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
I love chaingrabs on noobs, Or only going for Up-tilts. Also Tech Chases
Utilts are funny because newer players don't know how to do them. Rather, whenever I play someone less experienced, they either utilt whenever they want an usmash, or vise versa. Tech chasing is boring because all they ever do is get up attack. Makes chain grabbing easy.

Since most of my experience with newer players is in ffa, I like to moonwalk during the times that everyones too afraid to hit me. Everyone's like "walawala moonwalk?!". But now they think wavedashing is moonwalking.

Top Bottom