• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Favorite Game's for Smash Bros Characters?

Man Hands

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mr Snarlax

What are your guys's favorite games for smash characters? The ones above are just their newest ones, with some exceptions.

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
Kirby for best games and anime

Love the Metroid Prime games also

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
Fire Emblem, F-Zero, Megaman X, Kirby, and Metroid. The Tales Of series would be on the list, but we got Pac Man instead.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Super Mario Sunshine.
*RUNS AWAY*

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Pokémon is my favorite series, with Pokémon X being my favorite game from it. It completely revolutionized the series with the ease of online interactions, breeding, and the outstanding graphics. Brawl is currently my favorite game ever (with runners up being from the KH and FF series as well), but I'm hoping to see it get toppled soon... like two weeks soon... (hurry up Japanese eShop, I'm waiting!)

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
The DKC series for DK and Diddy, Punch Out Wii for Little Mac, and the Kirby Series.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The Mario Galaxy series which brought me Rosalina. Also Super Mario 3D World is really fun and even more so when I play as her since she's the best character with mind-blowing speedrunning potential. Also the best in MK8 (and the most used character online, probably because of that sexy biker outfit :p). I like the Mario games in general too anyway, though.

The Sonic franchise contains many treasured games to me.

Kirby and Zelda are probably my favourite Nintendo franchises in general, even though I may seem more interested in Mario, and even though Rosalina is my favourite Nintendo character (and am admittedly more knowledgeable in Mario, at least compared to Zelda).

I also took quite the liking to Mega Man a year before we saw him in Smash. More the Mega Man X games, but Classic Mega Man is great too.

I also quite like Metal Gear Solid.

Kid Icarus: Uprising is easily one of the best handheld games I've ever played and just an amazing game even compared to console games.

Brawl is also one of my favourite games but I'm sure these new games will be better.

Beatness

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Beatness
3DS FC
5412-9896-3151
All of the Pikmin games ^.^

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
For me, that would probably be Donkey Kong Country Returns, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Sonic Adventure/2, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, and Pokémons GS/RS/BW. Really hard to pick a #1 favorite out of that list.

I don't even understand the question, are you asking what's my favorite game for every character?
I think so?

If so: Super Metroid (Samus, Ridley), Metal Gear Solid 3 (Snake), Pokemon Gen. 2 (Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Pichu), Star Fox 64 (Fox, Falco), and A Link to the Past (Link, Zelda).

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
Sonic- Many of the Sonic games, primarily Sonic Adventure 2.
Kirby - Nightmare in Dreamland
Link - OoT, Twilight Princess
Mega Man - Battle Network series (shoot me but I loved the corny phrases)
Fox - Starfox 64
Fire Emblem Reps - FE7 (The one with Lyndis) and FE:A. Wasn't a fan of the Ike game.

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
Pokémon is my favorite series, with Pokémon X being my favorite game from it. It completely revolutionized the series with the ease of online interactions, breeding, and the outstanding graphics. Brawl is currently my favorite game ever (with runners up being from the KH and FF series as well), but I'm hoping to see it get toppled soon... like two weeks soon... (hurry up Japanese eShop, I'm waiting!)
There is...another? Brawl is my favorite game of all time too! :colorful:

Besides that I'm huge fan of these franchises (I'll just use one rep for each):
:4kirby::4link::4pikachu::4villager::4robinm::4olimar::4mario: and :4megaman: (Battle Network)

Doomstar

Smash Cadet
NNID
Doomstar
3DS FC
3539-9305-4908
FE, and Xenoblade. Truly excellent games. I'm sad that they decided to port XC to the new 3ds though rather than remaster it later and port it to Wii U. While beautiful all around some of XC's textures were atrocious even for a Wii game.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
There is...another? Brawl is my favorite game of all time too! :colorful:

Besides that I'm huge fan of these franchises (I'll just use one rep for each):
:4kirby::4link::4pikachu::4villager::4robinm::4olimar::4mario: and :4megaman: (Battle Network)
I live/lived in a house with two other Smash Bros lovers and nothing beats Brawl for a late night up. To be honest, it's the thing that I missed most since going away to college. It's got enough characters to goof around as for hours on end without ever getting bored, and the "lower skill cap" that some people complain about is ideal for slightly more even matches between brothers of different ages and experience.

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
Mario: Super Mario World / Super Mario 64 / Mario Kart 64
Donkey Kong: Donkey Kong Country
Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past / Link's Awakening / Link Between Worlds
Kirby: Kirby Super Star
Starfox: Starfox 64
Sonic the Hedgehog: Sonic 3
Mega Man: Mega Man 3

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
I live/lived in a house with two other Smash Bros lovers and nothing beats Brawl for a late night up. To be honest, it's the thing that I missed most since going away to college. It's got enough characters to goof around as for hours on end without ever getting bored, and the "lower skill cap" that some people complain about is ideal for slightly more even matches between brothers of different ages and experience.
That's it for me too. Being good at the game doesn't necessarily mean that I'm going to win every single time. I purposefully play mid-to-low-tier characters so that my friends and roommate will continue to play with me. I played Diddy for a little while and it wasn't fun for any of us. :p

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Fire Emblem reps: Awakening and The Blazing Sword (aka "Fire Emblem")
Mario reps: Super Mario 64, Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart DD
Pokemon reps: Ruby/Sapphire, Platinum, Black/White, B2/W2, Mystery Dungeon: Time/Darkness
The Legend of Zelda reps: The Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, Skyward Sword
Star Fox reps: Star Fox 64
Kirby reps: Return to Dreamland, Kirby 64, Super Star (Ultra), Kirby and The Amazing Mirror
Danky Kang: Donkey Kong Country 2, Donkey Kong 64
Metroid reps: Super Metroid, Fusion, Prime
MOTHER rep(s): EarthBound
Villager: Animal Crossing GC, New Leaf
Mega Man: 2, 7, 8, X, X2, X4, Zero, Z3, ZX, Legends, Legends 2, BN3, BN5, BN6
Sonic: Sonic the Hedgehog, Adventure, Heroes, Riders, Rush
Shulk: Xenoblade

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I guess I'll rate other series too.

:4charizard:- Pokémon X
:4robinm:- Fire Emblem: Awakening
:rosalina:- Super Mario Galaxy
:4link:- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
:4megaman:- Mega Man 2
:4littlemac:- Punch Out! Wii
:4pit:- Kid Icarus: Uprising
:4villager:- Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:4wiifit:- Wii Fit

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
OK let's play.

Super Mario: it's either Super Mario 64, or Sunshine. Probably Sunshine. Counting only the main series.
Zelda: umh I want to say The Wind Waker but I'll say Skyward Sword just to piss off the haters.
Donkey Kong: it's probably Tropical Freeze.
Metroid: Super and Prime. Yeah not choosing between them.
F-Zero: GX, obviously. Best racing game of all time.
StarFox: Lylat Wars. I love them all though.
Punch-Out!: I only played the Wii one, which is great.
Yoshi: Yoshi's Story for me. First game I've ever completed.
Wario: I liked Touched! Never played the Land series.
Pokémon: Heart/Gold. Also the remakes. Best gen.
Kirby: Power Paintbrush, the only Kirby game I've fully enjoyed.
Kid Icarus: Uprising, which is the best 3DS game and one of the best games of the generation.
Pikmin: 3. Played them all but only 3 completely clicked for me and I think it's one of the best titles on WiiU.
Sonic: randomly chosen between one of the first three, Adventure 2 and Generations.
Pac-Man: who played anything else beside the original? Lol.
Mega Man: only played 2, didn't like it.
Fire Emblem: I tried with both Path of Radiance and Awakening, this series is not for me.
Animal Crossing: I despise this franchise and I think it's the worst succesful Nintendo franchise.
Xenoblade: well that's easy. Chronicles is the best title on Wii anyway and the best game of the previous generation.
Wii Fit: yeah no.
Earthbound: just played a bit of Mother 2, too hard for me but I like it.
Ice Climbers & Duck Hunt: lol.
R.O.B. & G&W: yeah I'm 22 so...

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
Some hard choices will be made here.

Super Mario: Super Mario Galaxy just beats Paper Mario N64
Zelda: Zelda 2
Donkey Kong: Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Konquest
Metroid: Prime 1 just beast Super.
F-Zero: GX
StarFox: Star Fox SNES
Punch-Out!: Mike Tyson's Punchout NES (never finished it without cheats as it's damn hard)
Yoshi: Yoshi's Island SNES
Wario: Wario Land 2
Pokémon: Blue 1st Gen
Kirby: Superstar/Fun Pack (SNES). Same game just the PAL/NTSC names.
Kid Icarus: NES version. Never played Uprising.
Pikmin: Pikmin 3 is easily the best.
Sonic: Sonic and Knuckles. That the 3rd game I believe.
Pac-Man: Pac-Man 2 cause it was so "what the ****" weird.
Mega Man: MM2 is my favourite. But I have to mention MM3 and MMX as they are both amazing too.
Fire Emblem: Probably Awakening. I played it somewhat, not a fan but it was good.
Animal Crossing: Gamecube Animal Crossing. Very fun casual game. The Wii and post sequels were just the same done worse.
Xenoblade: Chronicles. Played it a little and now finding it for a decent price is so hard :(
Wii Fit: Wii version. Not really a game but it helps people stay fit.
Earthbound: SNES Earthbound was a great game. That's my vote.
Ice Climbers: NES version. Tough as nails cause they both jump like ****.
Duck Hunt: The only game he has been in is the NES so that's it. I preferred the clay pigeon mode.
R.O.B.: It was in Starfox 64/Lylat Wars so I'm calling that my game that gets my vote.
Snake: Snake's Revenge NES - The only Snake game not to be called Metal Gear something something.
G&W: I used to have Snoopy Tennis game and watch portable and I plated that just so much. It was great. Am sad I sold it.
This is what it looked like.

Shows my age singe I have played most of these games. And I'm not even 30 yet. Bot very soon I will be.

Last edited:

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
Xenoblade Chronicals, Majoras Mask, Diddy Kong racing, Mario 64-Sunshine-Galaxy1(Always preffered his 3D games,) Fire Emblem Awakening, Starfox 64, Starfox Command(I liked gameplay, LOL @ the story,) Sonic Adventure 1, Dark Souls, Every Megaman game ever except for megaman X6, 7 and 8, Kirby Super Star, MGS1 and 3 and Rising, Earthbound, Wario ware, and-

Out of things I can remember at top of my head.

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
I'm going to assume you're asking what my favorite game featuring each character is, since your wording is a little unclear. Since there's so much overlap, I'll just go by series.

Super Mario
- Super Mario Bros. or Super Mario Galaxy
Please don't make me choose between my childhood and my favorite 3D platformer. They're both sublime.

Legend of Zelda - Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Metroid - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
A bit of an unusual choice, but I liked the focus on story and the lack of tedious backtracking

Yoshi - Yoshi's Island

Pokemon - Pokemon Black & White Versions
Having played the series since Red and Blue, Black and White really felt like a step forward in storytelling and campaign design. The lack of old Pokemon during the campaign made exploration all the more exciting, and the story, while still nowhere near the complexity of other RPG's, was far more engrossing than any prior Pokemon game.

Fire Emblem - Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
My all-time favorite video game. The story, the characters, the difficulty, and the maps are all just perfect.

Kid Icarus - Kid Icarus: Uprising
KI and KIU are very different and good in their own ways, but KIU had amazing voice work and multiplayer so I gave it the spot.

Animal Crossing - Animal Crossing: Wild World
New Leaf is probably objectively leagues better, but it's so similar to other AC games that I couldn't get quite as invested as in my first AC game.

Xenoblade - Xenoblade Chronicles
Near the beginning of XC I didn't really get what all the fuss was about, but by the end I fell in love with the game. The story is very interesting, the characters are charming, and the world is jaw-dropping in scope. Also, I'm convinced this game doesn't ever actually end.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Going by games I've played.

Super Mario
- Super Mario Galaxy

Unquestionable.

Metroid - Metroid Prime Hunters

I'm getting flamed with this choice, but it was my first Metroid game barring First Hunt. Sylux is the one newcomer I want, unlikely as it is, and Gorea was a cool final boss.

*WILD LIQUID FLED*

Yoshi - Yoshi's Island DS

Pokemon - Pokemon Black & White Versions

Zekrom is my favorite main legendary, the music is extremely cool, and it arguably has the best story of all versions bar XY.

Fire Emblem - Fire Emblem: Awakening

I'm biased to being the only game in the series I've played, but I've sunk so much time into this game since Lucina's reveal that I'm perfectly willing to say it's in the top 5 3DS games.

Kid Icarus - Kid Icarus: Uprising

Uprising is again subject to the FE:A argument, but it's so incredibly good.

Animal Crossing - Animal Crossing New Leaf.

New Leaf is stupidly time consuming, and it's great because of that.

Wario Shake It!

I loved the gameplay on this one. Anime Wario looks great. The Shake King is a jerk of a final boss.

Metal Gear Peace Walker

Best boss fights in the series barring Guns Of The Patriots. Co-Op gives huge replay value.

Sonic Generations

No question.

Last edited:

Ascended

Smash Ace
Let me break this down by series:
Super Mario: Tie between Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario RPG
Donkey Kong: Donkey Kong Country on SNES
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Metroid: Super Metroid
Kirby: Kirby 64
Star Fox: Assault