• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Favorite "Crazy, but just might work" Character Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I'm curious! There's always been those "out there" characters every game. We may have already seen it with Wii Fit Trainer... but we could still see more.

My personal favorite is the Shopping Bag Man from the eshop

It's be hilarious if he could throw the eshop game icons and fight with money. What are your ideas?!

Last edited:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Duck Hunt Dog would be awesome if Nintendo would be willing to accept outside ideas for characters

I want Jinx from SMRPG, but yeah too far left field

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Andy, Sami and Max in a Tank. (Advance Wars)

Like on the boxart of the original gba Advance Wars.

Advance Wars itself isn't out there, but this concept probably would be. Something about it sounds like crazy fun though.

Last edited:

Shalashaska

Banned via Warnings
For some reason I thought of Whispy Woods. I don't really want him in the game, but he could be an extremely heavy, slow character.

Tetraplex

Smash Cadet
Well my avatar is rather out there as a choice. I mean he's second party (I think?), does nothing but dance, and is from a fairly new, obscure franchise.

Aside from Raphael, I'd honestly love to see Chibi Robo, a Koopa if Squirtle's out, The Prince from Katamari Damacy, or even Captain N in the game!

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
For some reason I thought of Whispy Woods. I don't really want him in the game, but he could be an extremely heavy, slow character.
If his map gets cut, he'd make a great assist!

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Jack from Harvest Moon. A move set based on tools, crops and animals. His tools would be the smashes, aerials and tilts while the other two would be used for his specials. Imagine, a guy recovering thanks to a flying chicken. It would be crazy, just like him pulling out a horse out of nowhere, him plucking random crops that change priorities depending on which one is seen and a charged attack which releases a cow ala the Phantom.

Final Smash could be a horde of sheep and pigs with the Harvest Goddess doing magical notes to put the foes to sleep! Ah Jack, you'd be so fun...

andimidna

Smash Master
Savvy Stylist for sure is my out there pick.

People think the Chrom & Lucina concept is impossible, but I think it's somewhat likely, and I support that.
I saw Happy Mask Salesman mentioned, that would be awesome too.
And I like that Advance Wars concept above.

What I would have liked before transformation characters were gone would be a Tactician that switches control of different Fire Emblem characters. And Link transforming into Wolf Link & Midna, but both of those concepts are gone.

Fingers crossed for Savvy Stylist.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Pyrrhon. He's like the grown up kid from Three Men and a Baby, if the three men were the Human Torch, Zap Brannigan and GOB Bluth. But of course there's no way a single game could contain both him and Captain Falcon together.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Master Hand. It would be neat if there was a shadowy stick-figure that was wearing the hand, but the stickfigure has NO hurt or hitboxes. He would be so meta, as a smash rep in smash.

Nintenmii. Reggie, Sakurai, Miyamoto and Iwata as mii-costume. This would standardize the mii and make them relevant.

Gengar as a wario-like mon' with lots of good movement options. (most mobile character in the game?)

Last edited:

Fortanono

Smash Ace
The Mariner Moose. Nintendo actually owns the Seattle Mariners, so it might work. You can't have a thread for it, though, and it's considered one of the dumbest suggestions Smashboards has ever seen. :p

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I like Heavyweights, so Imma go with K.Rool, Ridley, Black Shadow and King Hippo.
Also, Sami because I love Advance Wars.

Now for the crazy stuff: Endou Mamoru (Mark Evans) from INAZUMA ELEVEN.

bilbo43

Smash Cadet
I had an idea as downloadable characters where the pokemon announced can each use a preevolved form (eg pichu for pikachu and riolu for lucario etc) and they can each possess similar movesets but differ in one small way. Riolu can be added with a move which counters or breaks counter moves like one of his early moves he gets in the games called feint. Pichu can use a move like charm which can lower an opponents attacking power for a short time.

We can throw it out to other characters as well finding one of their primal or alternate forms as DLC. Mario, luigi, peach and rosalina and bowser can get baby forms (if they are coordinated to go kart they can fight), DK can use his DK jr form. Like can use a young link form and I would like to see a masked link variation but it will likely just be using items like slingshots.

Not that I believe that it would be possible to add this aspect without the game feeling off. And it obviously wont work for every character, and could really break the balance of the game, but I just thought it would be a nice little gimmick the game could go down.

Super Writer

Smash Apprentice
The announcer for Sm4sh (Hey, Persona 4 Arena is doing it)
Retro Donkey Kong from the original Donkey Kong arcade (done completely with 8-bit sprites)
Pink Gold Peach and Baby Rosalina nope

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Sandbag is my personal favorite for this. Since it spawns other items when it functions as an item, its entire moveset can be made up of different Smash items.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Not sure how "out there" it is, but definitely incredibly unlikely: Saria from Ocarina of Time. Naturally she's never fought (though frankly I'd be surprised if she isn't in Hyrule Warriors), but she's the Forest Sage, nature powers FTW. :D (In fact, when Saria is announced for Hyrule Warriors I'm going to create a support topic for her just for the hell of it. I mean, every other Hyrule Warriors character always gets a support topic. :p)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Captain N.

It's really hard to see coming. Obscure to almost everyone. And while Nintendo owned, he's not a game character per-se.

He could have moves based on his NES Controller belt buckle. Stuff including momentary pause, super high jump, a morph ball boost (not even kidding) and super long dodges. And of course last but never least, a Zapper blast!
And for the heck of it, throw in a move that includes his dog Duke.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I like that the Suggestions for Savvy Stylist

sunshinesan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sunshinesan
3DS FC
2836-1118-8472
Earth, Fire, Water, and Wind Djinn rotating around a center of energy. Whenever a directional move is inputted, the Djinni closest to that direction will execute the move. Neutral moves are set.

D

Deleted member

Jumpman
Specifically this design;

Hey, there's got to be a reason why Mario's blue color was changed, right?

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Party Phil.

Neutral B - Count Bomb (projectile)

Side B - Animal Charge (similar to Wario's bike, animal is different each time you use it)

Up B - Dice Blocks (can be charged for greater damage, blocks become items after move)

Down B - Ninja Board (Guard move)

Final Smash - Tute Orchestra (Phil changes into Sebastian Tute, orchestra appears and become a stronger DK Final Smash with more area covered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom