• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your bad habits with Lucas

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
Idk if you guys have done something better, but for me that was pretty awesome.
probably my favorite recovery of mine would have to be the time that I was fighting one of my friends that mains MK. He grabbed me and back threw me off the stage so i recovered with pkt2 but I missed the ledge ad landed on the stae so he ran in during my landing lag and grabbed me again using back throw to get me off the stage...this time I used wb pk fire + mgnet pull and just as I us magnet pull he jumps of fthe stage to gimp me and psi magnet realeases ad kills him ^_^

austonst

Smash Rookie
I use too much pk freeze. I almost never get punished for it, since I only really use it on recovering opponents or those at max pk freeze range, but I only ever hit with it if I'm on wifi and there happened to be a lag spike.

I also try to bair spike a bit too much, even when it would be horribly predictable and the timing is messed up.

Zephron

Smash Ace
I find myself incapable of bair spiking unless I get lucky or a situation where "You cant say you main Lucas if you miss this shot"

I did spike an olimar out of nowhere today though. It allowed me to make a great comeback. bair ftw

lil cj

Smash Lord
I find myself incapable of bair spiking unless I get lucky or a situation where "You cant say you main Lucas if you miss this shot"

I did spike an olimar out of nowhere today though. It allowed me to make a great comeback. bair ftw

Yeah your right about that:)
Its very difficult to connect with a bair spike
Its even harder to fully spike with dair
but Lucas actually has four spikes in all
He can spike with PK Thunder and PK Freeze, both are stage spikes
Does anyone else use these?
I always like hitting my opponent into the side of the stage with PK Thunder while they are trying to recover bac...its an automatic stage spike(it hits hard) at a certain angle and high enough percentage....As for the PK Freeze stage spike I think that depends on how close your oponent is to the edge...it works randomly.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
I try to grab too much. I don't even know why. Must still be some kind of reaction from back in Melee when I mained Marth.

I get myself into trouble sometimes with Magnet, but I'm starting to get better about that.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
these days, i don't try to spike with bair, i prefer to use PK Thunder and go for the stage spike
i'm using a lot usmash, but i land all of them, same with grab, i finding really difficult to hit with fsmash, so i just use tilts, aerials and pk fire, and when they are like 150%, i just dthrow. Really bad habit :(

Anthonysmash

Smash Apprentice
i used to be a hardcore lucas main, then he got boring to me, but during my time with him, my bad habits were:
U-smash
missing grabs
spamming nair
missing bair spikes (i'm so addicted to spiking people...)

TVTMaster

Smash Apprentice
Blah, I don't B-stick so I can't do the ATs. I need to have lagless smashes since it's like the only way I can beat out my cousin's MK Nair. The guy goes to VT and trains with people like Azen and Chillin. I can usually get a stock or two off when he whiffs a glide attack and I get him with uber Usmash range, but he usually buffers in other crap so unless I time it just right it's nigh impossible to get the KO. I did a magnet pull to make him whiff two grabs in a row, since he's used to me shielding instead of rolling or sidestepping, and sweetspotted the stick. Again, against a good MK I can't deal with the half-second or so of lag on my kill moves. Magnet's hitbox is too small to KO with usually and his aerial game is way, way too broken to attempt a spike or Fair kill. Freakin' Meta Knight. Lucas has a great aerial game, but the fact that MK's aerials seem designed to counter mine makes my only option a rather crappy ground game. I usually get KOs through whiffed glide attacks or powershielded Utilts to my own Ftilt sweetspot.

Irsic

Smash Ace
I use Y to grab other than shield grabbing, and occasionally when recovering it causes me to air dodge instead of tethering. That's basically a death. No johns, I can't recover. @_@

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
I use Y to grab other than shield grabbing, and occasionally when recovering it causes me to air dodge instead of tethering. That's basically a death. No johns, I can't recover. @_@
thats because when you use grab while you character is in free fall you will do an air dodge to get out of it then you have to hit it again to use the tether. back when i first started playing the game i used to have the same problem and finally figured it out :psycho:

Top Bottom