• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your amazing Zero Suit Samus Combo Video Thread

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
So after my month or something long smash hiatus caused by real life Johns including exams and a hospital, I can finally present you the borderline useless alpha version of the combo video and hey, I'm only like two months late!

Anyway, while making this I noticed a few things:

1. The more I did and the longer time went on, the more flawed the first parts seemed to be
2. DI must be tweaked and well spaced versions must be added for nearly damn everything
3. Updating this would be a pain in my precious butt and too much input for barely any output
4. I found new combos that I didn't add in this version
5. Doing DI with my feet on reaction is a very bad and tedious idea

While rendering the video for two hours and uploading it for another two, I concluded that this isn't the way to go.
I therefore decided to do any further stuff in .webm format and only one combo at a time.

This has several advantages:
1. more frequent output possibilities
2. existing faulty material is corrected more easily
3. less waiting time wasted on rendering/uploading/cuttng
4. Anyone with a capture card can help, no big coordination needed

But enough rant, here is the video

[collapse="Current Combo List"]
Combos are okay as long as they register as true combo, independent of possible DI escapes.

bThrow > dSpecial Kick -- doesnt work at all on Diddy

dSpecial bury > uSpecial -- ?
dSpecial bury > dSmash 22 full charged 38 uncharged

falling uAir > uAir > uAir > uSpecial
falling uAir > uAir > uSpecial 27 28 25 -- 60 60 58
falling uAir > uSpecial 0 - 100
falling uAir > uTilt 0 - 42
falling uAir > fTilt
falling uAir > dTilt
falling uAir > fSmash
Falling uAir > Jab 0 - 15 - 29

grab > dThrow > uAir > uAir > uSpecial --
grab > dThrow > uAir > uSpecial
grab > dThrow > uSpecial
grab > dThrow > uAir > bAir
grab > dThrow > fAir

SH nAir FF > jab
SH nAir FF > uTilt
SH nAir FF > dSpecial51
SH nAir FF > fAir
SH nAir FF > uSpecial
SH nAir FF > uAir > uSpecial 29 might belower

SH fAir 1 > fTilt
SH fAir 1 > dTilt

[/collapse]

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
Combo=nair uair up b. Probably from like 30-60% not including FC.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
-Falling Up air to up tilt low %s
-Fully charged laser -> down smash -> dash attack or grab ( requires you to be relatively close to opponents : I.E SH b reversed laser on a chasing opponent)

-not sure if part of this combo I did to my friend is a true combo (dash attack -> Bair).

-laser full charge or non on players standing on the edge of a platform allows a laser reset once they hit the ground.

VS charizard: when charizard uses side b on you at any point where his inital bounce will not be high enough for him to jump before he hits the ground you will be able to set up a forced get up on him by shielding it.

You get to uncharged laser him -> fox trot over to down smash -> down smash again (timing strict like all forced get ups) -> up B

Last edited:

kyxsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2423-2660-2706
Found this one, probably been discovered for along time, but I've recently been adding it to my mix up. It's down throw to fair to up B. As shown in the vid, I do it twice. It looks like it works up too 60% on characters that fast fall (little mac, the space animals, sheik) and the heavy characters.

Oh and I also make AMV's really shameless plug I know

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Thanks guys, added

nAir > uAir > uSpecial
falling uAir > uTilt
charged nSpecial > dSmash > fTilt

@ pichuthedk pichuthedk
charged nSpecial > dSmash > dash attack / grab doesn't seem to combo for me, but fTilt works.
@ kyxsune kyxsune This doesnt combo for me either. I can dodge the uSpecial on low percent and it stops connecting at all at higher percent. I tried to do it with an IDJ but the ending lag of fAir seems too big for this to be a true combo.

kyxsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2423-2660-2706
Thanks guys, added
@ kyxsune kyxsune This doesnt combo for me either. I can dodge the uSpecial on low percent and it stops connecting at all at higher percent. I tried to do it with an IDJ but the ending lag of fAir seems too big for this to be a true combo.
Yeah, sorry i didn't read where it specified true combos. This was just an organic thing that has some consistency my bad

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
@ Tobi_Whatever Tobi_Whatever

Are you buffering and close to the opponent I used to think it no longer works but I've pulled it off quite a few times for simulation purposes try this.

Jump over them and b reverse the laser back to them so that your almost in theit face.

Buffering is key to this but ftilt I've never tried that interesting.

The point is to hit them with dash attack when they are sliding .

I'm going to my friends today I'll try to do it in training and record it for you so you have actual evidence to support this claim.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever

Are you buffering and close to the opponent I used to think it no longer works but I've pulled it off quite a few times for simulation purposes try this.

Jump over them and b reverse the laser back to them so that your almost in theit face.

Buffering is key to this but ftilt I've never tried that interesting.

The point is to hit them with dash attack when they are sliding .

I'm going to my friends today I'll try to do it in training and record it for you so you have actual evidence to support this claim.
If it shows up as true combo in training mode then your word is enough for me and I just have to try harder. Thing is that dSmash doesn't add stun and nSpecial has fixed stun. Thinking about it dash attack should probably work but I don't see how grab would because it has a too long startup animation.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
If it shows up as true combo in training mode then your word is enough for me and I just have to try harder. Thing is that dSmash doesn't add stun and nSpecial has fixed stun. Thinking about it dash attack should probably work but I don't see how grab would because it has a too long startup animation.
Down smash was never intended to do more stun it was to add the x% it does so that your other moves can be refreshed

The beauty I found about this mild combo was that it scales with % in terms of how many moves you can refresh.

If you land the combo at earlier % s ideally just the laser-> Down smash-> dash attack will suffice , however at later percents your able to grab and pummel like 3 times
Then finish with a throw and your kills moves should just about be refreshed.

Here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1nxsdfaVTl9HQt3VZ8mvohGZV9L2Rj3A

I never did the grab one but the dash attack one was literally gift wrapped for me. Also in this playlist is another combo i was talking about involving chasing people in the air with flip jump after you up air them and then boost kicking them. the % wasn't high enough for what I have done before (just the final kick hits instead ) but I got all hits on once and messed up the spacing 5 seconds later on a second one.

Last one is a video to try to confirm something for Shiek Fresh B-throw to flip jump spike at 36%.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Down smash was never intended to do more stun it was to add the x% it does so that your other moves can be refreshed

The beauty I found about this mild combo was that it scales with % in terms of how many moves you can refresh.

If you land the combo at earlier % s ideally just the laser-> Down smash-> dash attack will suffice , however at later percents your able to grab and pummel like 3 times
Then finish with a throw and your kills moves should just about be refreshed.

Here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1nxsdfaVTl9HQt3VZ8mvohGZV9L2Rj3A

I never did the grab one but the dash attack one was literally gift wrapped for me. Also in this playlist is another combo i was talking about involving chasing people in the air with flip jump after you up air them and then boost kicking them. the % wasn't high enough for what I have done before (just the final kick hits instead ) but I got all hits on once and messed up the spacing 5 seconds later on a second one.

Last one is a video to try to confirm something for Shiek Fresh B-throw to flip jump spike at 36%.
Seems to combo with dash attack. I just need to try harder then! :ness:
The flip chase is not a true combo.
the bThrow > dSpecial kick is already on the list, I even use it pretty often.
It's a nasty little thing but can be DI'd out of by DI'ing down with every character except for Jiggs and Kirby, but they can DI up instead.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
true lol i never said the flip chase was a true combo just that the timing lined up rather well.
The b throw flip jump spike was 36 % on sheik I just wanted to confirm if that was a good margin to go ahead and attempt it. I'm going to do that from now on probably.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
@ pichuthedk pichuthedk
Sorry but I simply can't do the nSpecial > dSmash > dash attack combo. Not even at 0.3 speed.
Can you confirm that the whole thing shows up as true combo in training mode?

Kesno

Smash Cadet
Just a small thing to add for combo knowledge if anyone can refute this go for it, but from what I tested there are two different hits of dsmash you can get. When you do dsmash she shoots the ground with a blast and that blast hits the ground and it does two things. It has the central point of contact in which a mass of the shot is and then the blast creates a shockwave on the ground on the outer rim of the blast. The central blast is the main thing you'll usually hit with and this causes your opponent to be stunned for the normal amount of time with the normal damage. The shockwave the blast creates has different effects. The stun is shorter and the opponent takes less damage as well. I tested this a while back so I can't remember, but I think that the opponent doesn't get launched at all. There is like a little hop but that's it, so don't expect to combo out of the dsmash launch like usual. This means that you have to be careful where you stand and hit with dsmash. To my knowledge this hitbox only exists in front of the blast and not behind it. I didn't have a human tester with me so yeah.
p.s. I'll look through some of my old replays and see if I can get something it won't be a "true combo" like everyone is all hyped about right now but it'll be something to use and if I don't have something I'll make something happen.
p.s.s. I just remembered a thing I do I guess it's "true"
bspecial bury > jump onto a over head platform (say battlefield's top platform) > charge up special in expectation of the launch from being unburied (you'll hit with it since I'm sure they can't DI the launch) > watch them fly into the sky
This works at pretty much any % since the buried launch is fixed at low %'s (to my greatest knowledge don't quote me on that) The launch seems to launch farther at higher %'s, so the top platform of battlefield works.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
@ pichuthedk pichuthedk
Sorry but I simply can't do the nSpecial > dSmash > dash attack combo. Not even at 0.3 speed.
Can you confirm that the whole thing shows up as true combo in training mode?
Will try when I get a chance not having a wii u is a pain in the ass, shouldn't have given away my 3ds.

Define training mode as well did you mean set a lv 9 cpu to run and then landing the laser and tryING the combo?

Are you buffering every move from the laser?

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Will try when I get a chance not having a wii u is a pain in the ***, shouldn't have given away my 3ds.

Define training mode as well did you mean set a lv 9 cpu to run and then landing the laser and tryING the combo?

Are you buffering every move from the laser?
**** my reading comprehension, I didn't read your last sentence.
And the one before that, sorry hun, I suck :sadsheep:

I did it in training mode (the one and only) without any movement on the npc part and I buffered the dSmash. The dash can't be buffered.

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Just to add a litl to the combo list, at low to mid percents, and based on di, uncharged paralyzer to dtilt, to zair is a pretty simple combo.

Also, bthrow, to dash attack to upsmash.

Idk if these are true combos but i seem to pull them off quite often.

As for the down b ground, to dsmash, i usually follow up with an up b or down b, and depending on the percent, the down b could sweet spot stomp spike (no kick) ((very usefull at the ledge)), or down b kick (will kill at mid to high percents), or at super high percents, down b wont reach, so you have to jump and down b. That aside, run away down b can get the spike kick box.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Just to add a litl to the combo list, at low to mid percents, and based on di, uncharged paralyzer to dtilt, to zair is a pretty simple combo.

Also, bthrow, to dash attack to upsmash.

Idk if these are true combos but i seem to pull them off quite often.

As for the down b ground, to dsmash, i usually follow up with an up b or down b, and depending on the percent, the down b could sweet spot stomp spike (no kick) ((very usefull at the ledge)), or down b kick (will kill at mid to high percents), or at super high percents, down b wont reach, so you have to jump and down b. That aside, run away down b can get the spike kick box.
Thanks, will try both asap. Never heard of the first one, sounds nice, but I am 90% sure the second isn't a true combo. Will try it anyway of course.

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Probably isnt.
Its usually the only move that will reach.

David Viran

Smash Lord
I thought after the update uncharged paralyzer to grab didn't work but I see it work sometimes and others not. Is charging it for an extra millisecond what makes the difference?

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I thought after the update uncharged paralyzer to grab didn't work but I see it work sometimes and others not. Is charging it for an extra millisecond what makes the difference?
Nothing changed, maybe your timing is a bit off or you're playing online and lag ruins it. I sometimes had that problem even before the patch. Maybe it's something else though, possibly character weight or staleness, if that even applies to the laser stun duration.
Do you remember on what character it failed to work? Maybe we can reproduce it.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Nothing changed, maybe your timing is a bit off or you're playing online and lag ruins it. I sometimes had that problem even before the patch. Maybe it's something else though, possibly character weight or staleness, if that even applies to the laser stun duration.
Do you remember on what character it failed to work? Maybe we can reproduce it.
It just randomly happens on any character although it might be timing. I've seen the grab get spot dodged several times in tournaments but come to think of it they don't spot dodge it when I someone like choco does it.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
It just randomly happens on any character although it might be timing. I've seen the grab get spot dodged several times in tournaments but come to think of it they don't spot dodge it when I someone like choco does it.
Sounds logical, it happens to me too from time to time as well after all with no noticeable pattern.
The only thing I can guarantee you is that absolutely nothing changed regarding character balance.
Replays would be broken otherwise.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Sounds logical, it happens to me too from time to time as well after all with no noticeable pattern.
The only thing I can guarantee you is that absolutely nothing changed regarding character balance.
Replays would be broken otherwise.
I meant the update when the Wii U version came out because of the extra end lag.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Well your timing perfectly matched the 1.0,2 version :D
Didn't this happen to you before?
I forgot about that update but it happened always on the Wii U version and I thought I heard that the update before the Wii U release made it not work.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
thats one of my tournament johns is that people will respect V115 and let him get away with some shinanegans but the moment I try it I suffer the most excruciating punish and I'd like to think that after 8 years+ of maining the character I'd be able to get away with more then I usual do.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Could someone please check the nAir FF > fAir combo when the opponent DI's away? I can do it until 88% if the opponent doesn't DI and even further if he DI's into me but I can't connect it at all if they DI away.
I need a percentage from training mode that shows this as true combo please.

Take 5

Smash Apprentice

What I was trying to do: properly spaced paralyzer mix-up (in this case a wavebounce) into perfect pivot SH FF b-air and down B (with kick).

Everything went according to plan except the perfect pivot SH FF b-air, which ended up being an extremely fast SH FF RAR. Nonetheless, this is still a true combo that is viable out of a fully charged hit confirm paralyzer at low-mid percents. You just have to have the reaction time to perform the SH FF RAR.

Edit: Wavebounce, not B-reverse agh.

Edit 2: You don't have to FF the b-air for this to work.

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord

What I was trying to do: properly spaced paralyzer mix-up (in this case a reverse B-reverse) into perfect pivot SH FF b-air and down B (with kick).

Everything went according to plan except the perfect pivot SH FF b-air, which ended up being an extremely fast SH FF RAR. Nonetheless, this is still a true combo that is viable out of a fully charged hit confirm paralyzer at low-mid percents. You just have to have the reaction time to perform the SH FF RAR.
Nair can combo into down b as well but maybe bair will be more reliable because of the angle. That and because it is extremely hard to do with nair.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766

What I was trying to do: properly spaced paralyzer mix-up (in this case a reverse B-reverse) into perfect pivot SH FF b-air and down B (with kick).

Nice...
I usually just go for the default spike.

Take 5

Smash Apprentice
Nair can combo into down b as well but maybe bair will be more reliable because of the angle. That and because it is extremely hard to do with nair.
Yes! The angle makes all the difference. You have a much greater chance of sweet spotting the down B off of b-air than n-air.

Edit: In case anyone's wondering, this also works with the weak hit of b-air (the one that does 10% damage).

Last edited:
Top Bottom