• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jibanyan the Charm Yo-Kai for DLC! (Move to the new discussion thread in NintenZone subforum!)

Are you going to buy Yo-kai Watch!

• Total voters

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Before you start reading the support thread, be sure to watch these first:

You're welcome, now it's stuck in your head. :troll:

Jibanyan: the Fire Cat Yo-Kai for DLC!

Jibanyan is a Fire-Attribute Yo-kai of the Charming tribe who is the icon of a extremely popular franchise in Japan. (From the creators of Professor Layton)

Yo-kai are supernatural spirits who roam around the town haunting and causing mischief to people, ranging from Yo-kai that can make a person suddenly want to pee to one that can force you buy unnecessary things when you're out shopping. The premise itself is different from Pokemon as the player's goal revolves around searching the town of Springdale with the use
of a special device called the Yo-kai Watch to search, battle, and befriend Yo-kai to stop their bad deeds.

The gameplay of Yo-kai Watch is vastly different from Pokemon too. The only elements they share is that they involve a large amount of creatures to collect. After that, that is where the similarities between the two end. Unlike the usual RPG turn-based battle system, Yo-Kai Watch's battles takes place in real-time. Your party auto-fights opponents, and as they do, you use their special abilities to aid you in battle.

Since the first game's debut, Yo-kai Watch has become a massive phenomenon in Japan with exploding with manga, anime, spinoffs, mobile games, and merchandise across every street of Japan, selling in at over 7 million copies of the franchise's games total.
(Combining Yo-kai Watch Busters' sales, it goes up to over 8 billion)
(Another fact: The second YW game outsold Pokemon Omega Ruby/Sapphire in sales).

I'll be listing EVERYTHING that made Yokai Watch extremely popular in Japan:

Japanese promotional poster for the anime. Currently claimed as one of the top 10 children anime of Japan.

The Yokai Watch movie promotional poster. The movie made $55 million (¥6.5 billion in yen) since its hit debut, also making the biggest grossing opening of any Japanese movie since 2000.

Merchandise of this franchise in Japan has been selling like hotcakes, as The toys Namco Bandai has been making for Yokai Watch have been selling over 10 billion yen ($93 billion in U.S.) to show its staggering success. Many Japanese stores has Yo-kai Watch merchandise ready to buy! The medals are also compatible with the arcade machines YW has, which is also extremely popular with kids.

It doesn't end there... there's still more Yo-kai Watch to come, this spawned more than just the ones I listed!

An upcoming attraction for Universal Studios Japan, YW has gotten so popular to warrant its own attraction.

It's already has its name ingrained in restaurants, stores, trains, and even a Japanese singing group.
mogmog burgers, YW's parody of Mcdonalds, this Mcdonalds recently just transformed into its parody counterpart.

NyaKB, YW's parody of the popular AKB48 band, whom AKB48 actually partnered with Level-5 with to do concerts for them.

One of the many trains you can find in Japan now.

Cars for the iconic Komasan and Komajiro characters of YW. Expanding from merchandise to cars is crazy!?!?!?!?!

Yo-kai Watch advertisement in a Japanese theme park.

The first official YW store called "Yorozumart" coming in Tokyo this October. Shows how much the franchise has gained.

I also have to mention the music
especially!

This very music video spawned a large collection of catchy songs that reigned over Japan as one of the top songs in Japan, with over 100,000,000+ views total. Various parodies were made for the song as well.

Ranging from the very catchy Gera Gera Po (Yo-kai Watch's anime opening song):

to the Dan Dan Zombie Zubah:

to the "Idol wa Ooh-Nya-Nya no Ken"

to the catchy Uchu Dance:

These music reigned so high, that a Just Dance version was created to show its high popularity:
The songs expanded into concerts and live shows in most of the Asian countries like Taiwan and Singapore:
Watched by thousands of people when a concert comes.

People worldwide and in Japan as a whole already know the songs and dances:

This as a whole represents Youkai Watch's popularity as a franchise. With YW having so many accomplishments done with its raging success in the east and high amount of requests in Japan, he's already an immediate candidate for the ballot.

The only issues Jibanyan has to deal with is his Japan status as it may really hurt his chances in the long run, potential competition with Layton, and the fact his franchise may also be considered too new to Sakurai since it's only been two years since the franchise started. Right now, the situation could change after the game releases in America and Europe. It's already get a ****load of advertisement right now with the anime (which recently aired in Disney XD), manga (recently released in stores now), and large amount of promotion Nintendo is aiding with:

According to the English Writer for the Yo-kai Watch anime, promotion for the game will hit like a tidal wave:

Given with booming Pokemon-like success with Yokai Watch in Japan, Sakurai may give Jibanyan a shot at being playable even the game hasn't been localized yet to make up for the fact his franchise is too new and Japan only for now with its large promotion coming in the West and Europe.

Jibanyan's Local Supporters:

1. BluePikmin11
2. BandanaWaddleDee
3. Zoljinx
4. POKEMANSPIKA
5. Mega Hawlucha
6. Dezeray112
7. Jibanyan
8. TikiFan
9. AwesomeAussie27

Some new signatures to support him:

Yokai Watch General Website:
http://www.yo-kai-world.com

Yokai Watch 3DS Website:
http://yo-kai.nintendo.com

Yokai Watch forum:
http://watchofyokai.com/forums/

Last edited:

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
He was on the Japanese Early ballot results.
I think I've heard that there is a bit of a clamor by fans for an international release for Yo-Kai Watch.
My best guess would be that IF they did plan an international release they would wait for the third game their currently developing.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
For anyone who wants to get a start on the anime

Last edited:

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
the song sold me. i support. XD

i vaguely knew about the series already from Etika's video. but never really looked into it any further. and with it coming to other countries i could definitely see this be a bit of a marketing strategy to raise awareness of the series to said countries.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Yo-kai Watch even talks about lewd stuff, I'm liking this stuff.
This is much more interesting than Pokemon man.
Lewd stuff? Just wait until episode...
uh...
I know it...
*doesn't check the internet*
23! Yes, episode 23. I knew it.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Ugh I watched that episode 23, that's probably going to get banned soon in America. :Y

And Episode 25, holy cow, was that a touching episode, so deep man. ;(
I'm really starting to appreciate the series now. It otally should get a character in Smash now, I'm hoping we get Layton and Jibanyan with Mega Man and Ryu.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Ugh I watched that episode 23, that's probably going to get banned soon in America. :Y

And Episode 25, holy cow, was that a touching episode, so deep man. ;(
I'm really starting to appreciate the series now. It otally should get a character in Smash now, I'm hoping we get Layton and Jibanyan with Mega Man and Ryu.
But who doesn't love to see a robot cat getting aroused by a spear rubbing his rear :troll:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Alright @ BandanaWaddleDee BandanaWaddleDee tomorrow is the rating of Jibanyan today, be sure you get your rating ready.
We're the only Yo-kai Watch supporters in existence right now, we need to deliver it good, let's get some new supporters here. You should definitely introduce them to the anime there to get a good start.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
It's really hard to campaign for a Japan only character. Believe me I know.

EDIT: Oh it's coming out to the West soon.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Looks like Youkai Watch just got confirmed for release! Hopefully the majority got hyped.
They showcased it as if it was a major release! Hype!

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
This was probably my most hyped announcement at E3. And it would have been one of my most hyped, regardless of what

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I don't know, that anime opening screams "So Bad, That It's Good" like most 1990's/2000's localizations. Not surprised by the fans whining about how terrible the dub will be and how flat the singer sounds. :laugh:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I don't know, that anime opening screams "So Bad, That It's Good" like most 1990's/2000's localizations. Not surprised by the fans whining about how terrible the dub will be and how flat the singer sounds. :laugh:

He sang fine for the most part, but the lyrics suck ***. :L
I miss the funky opening Japan provided.

Last edited:

slambros

Smash Ace
The more and more I think about Yokai Watch, the more I think it's the next big thing. If it sells well enough in America, then sure, Jibanyan is a good character for Smash 5, or maybe even DLC for this installment.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

The fact that there's a Steve Jobs parody in the anime actually makes me more excited for it. But that still does not mean that I won't plan on buying the game soon. :grin:

If I'm not there yet, you can add me to the support list since Jibanyan vs Pikachu would be a match of the century.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
http://gonintendo.com/stories/236822-disney-grabs-rights-to-yo-kai-watch-anime-hasbro-grabs-toys

WHY????????? I DON'T HAVE DISNEY XD ON MY CHANNELS RIGHT NOW! :hulk:
I think it's time to call a TV operator now.
Get ready for tons of localization, most of which doesn't make sense. They already changed Keita's name to Nate. You know, because Japanese names are bad, right?

I'd rather just have a translated version of the original. This one is... ehh

Top Bottom