• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You request it, I'll dissappoint! - Abandoning all PSA Requests

Bluekirby2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bluekirby2
So this is mostly a joke suggestion, but would be pretty funny to see, and I don't think it would be too difficult to make a move set, as he would be a clone of DK.

That's right, Leo Luster from the DKC cartoon!
He would be a clone of DK, but he would have an forward smash similar to Dr. Mario and his Down Special would be like Pikachu's.

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
I was originally going to rip your post apart, but let me put it in a way that hopefully you can understand - although I have my doubts.

OP made the thread so people that didn't know or don't know or can't make PSAs could request stuff. Through this OP could get better at making things. He wants practice. And this way, he can make people happy and get practice. Win-win for everyone, right?
You butted in and told everyone that they can make PSAs themselves - which, news flash, they already knew that.
Do you not see what's wrong with that?

If you want to help people, which I truly feel that you do. You should probably make a separate thread titled something along the lines of "Don't know how to make PSAs? Come on in!" and have some information there to help get people started. Going into other threads and putting up links like this isn't the way to "help people". It's just annoying.
Yes, I agree with the suggestion at the bottom of your post. I suppose that I should have made it more clear that I wasn't telling people what to do - I was trying to give people more information because people generally only read requests. Your apparently nonexistent tutorial thread is a testament to that.

I'm done arguing with you. I'm sorry I annoyed you so much by violating your sacred posting rules. I prostrate myself before you for your forgiveness, Omniscient One.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Uh... If it's finally safe to say something in this "No Man's Land" of headbutting, no matter who or what started it (because I don't have any ___'s to give and I'm tired of seeing people I have grown to respect in the community/those I want to work with in the future on Smash related things headbutt all the time.), I've wanted to see if anyone wanted to tackle giving Sheik and Zelda new :GCD::GCB:'s while keeping transform as a :GCD::GCB:+:GCA: function.

The specifics of the new moves for Sheik/Zelda would have to be decided based on their respective weaknesses to see what type of "move" would have the most benefits for them (while being balanced of course). If OP or anyone else capable is open to talk about the specifics, PM me.

Last edited:

Fedora~

Smash Apprentice
PSA (not a moveset lol) TO EVERYONE REQUESTING [insert popular character here]:
go HERE, HERE, and HERE to learn more about how to make things yourself.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=210179
You have a history of taking my posts out of context, and it's pretty obnoxious.

Firstly, PSA means "Public Service Announcement." So I'm just making an announcement, nothing more. People don't have to listen.

Secondly, the imperative mood does not have an inherently negative connotation, but you have chosen to interpret it in this way. In my native language, it's how people talk

Finally, how else are people supposed to learn how to do things? This is the perfect venue to reach people who don't have as much experience as some of the creators on this board. I'm trying to help people.
I was originally going to rip your post apart, but let me put it in a way that hopefully you can understand - although I have my doubts.

OP made the thread so people that didn't know or don't know or can't make PSAs could request stuff. Through this OP could get better at making things. He wants practice. And this way, he can make people happy and get practice. Win-win for everyone, right?
You butted in and told everyone that they can make PSAs themselves - which, news flash, they already knew that.
Do you not see what's wrong with that?

If you want to help people, which I truly feel that you do. You should probably make a separate thread titled something along the lines of "Don't know how to make PSAs? Come on in!" and have some information there to help get people started. Going into other threads and putting up links like this isn't the way to "help people". It's just annoying.
If you disagree with someone, it's not necessary to argue. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I respond to almost all [make insert character here]requests so far with something along the lines of "you're better off trying it yourself". I actually appreciate what PyotrLuzhin did. Not only did he reinforce what I was already getting at, but he offered really helpful links on top of it. Hardly "telling people what to do" at all.

Last edited:

Fedora~

Smash Apprentice
Are you still doing requests?
I'll take yours and Calahan's as the last ones for now. Looks as if I have many plates filled, I'd like to start working before I take on too many projects.

Last edited:

Fedora~

Smash Apprentice
Just a head's up to anyone who I've already responded to, I'll be streaming whenever I'm doing anything PSA (Smash Attacks/BrawlBox) related. You can follow me at my channel to get notified whenever I start a stream. Feel free to stop in and ask questions or make suggestions.

My Twitch.tv Channel

If you miss a stream, be sure to check my Past Broadcasts.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Just a word of advice. PSA/BBox related things aren't really interesting to watch for many people, from personal experience. Don't be surprised if viewership is lower than you'd like.

That being said, have fun.

Fedora~

Smash Apprentice
Just a word of advice. PSA/BBox related things aren't really interesting to watch for many people, from personal experience. Don't be surprised if viewership is lower than you'd like.

That being said, have fun.
I appreciate your advice and frankly, I don't care about how many views I'm getting. The reason I'm streaming is to have another level of interactivity with the people I'm working with, whether that be one person or many people.

That being said, I'd like to restrict the posts in this thread to updates from myself, people I'm working with, and people who're actually making requests.

Last edited:

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
I would like to request something that I'm surprised no one brought up yet: Fixing up the 3 characters in the PM Dev Build that was leaked recently. I'm not saying to retweak them or anything, but make the animations smoother and such. Will provide in a private message further details.

True Fool

Smash Ace
I would like to request something that I'm surprised no one brought up yet: Fixing up the 3 characters in the PM Dev Build that was leaked recently. I'm not saying to retweak them or anything, but make the animations smoother and such. Will provide in a private message further details.
I was actually going to ask the same thing, so I'm seconding this request. Knuckles is pretty good already, but if you're willing, the two of us, as well as many others I'm sure, would be thrilled to see Lyn and Isaac on the same level as Knuckles.

Isaac obviously requires a lot more work, but Lyn just needs her side and down Bs to be functional in addition to the other little touch-ups.

If you decide to undertake this challenge, I can't help with any of the actual work, but if you need to bounce ideas off of anyone, or want some ideas, I'll keep an eye on my PMs. Of course if you've got your own ideas and visions already in mind, that's just fine too.

But, I understand if you'd rather not touch these characters, given their unique circumstance.

Fedora~

Smash Apprentice
I was actually going to ask the same thing, so I'm seconding this request. Knuckles is pretty good already, but if you're willing, the two of us, as well as many others I'm sure, would be thrilled to see Lyn and Isaac on the same level as Knuckles.

Isaac obviously requires a lot more work, but Lyn just needs her side and down Bs to be functional in addition to the other little touch-ups.

If you decide to undertake this challenge, I can't help with any of the actual work, but if you need to bounce ideas off of anyone, or want some ideas, I'll keep an eye on my PMs. Of course if you've got your own ideas and visions already in mind, that's just fine too.

But, I understand if you'd rather not touch these characters, given their unique circumstance.
I wasn't aware of Dev build leak, but I'll definitely look into it.

True Fool

Smash Ace
Awesome, please pm me, or post in this thread if you start work on these characters on your stream, cuz I'd love to watch what you do with them. I'll probably just subscribe anyways, but I actually have to use my Wii-U to watch anything live.

It would be great, but probably broken if you made Isaac's up-b a stone pillar like the beetle guy in RoA. But I also think it might be impossible to do within Brawl's resources.

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
would you be able to give luigi his jump animation from sm4sh? I really liked how he has the flutter jump that they are now including in new mario games.

UltimateHylian

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yorch2296
3DS FC
1650-2285-2395
Could you try to make Falco's Firebird blue? The same way the PMDT changed Ike's Eruption. I've tried to do it myself before, but I have no idea on how to change the fire effects to Lucario's aura (bc it looks like blue fire, I suppose that requieres some gfx swapping or something), so when Falco hits someone, they're set on normal fire and that really throws me off :(

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Hey OP, is this still a thing? Not looking for a totally new character, but I was wondering if you were interested in modifying already-made character mods, to a slight degree. Thanks!

Fedora~

Smash Apprentice
Hey OP, is this still a thing? Not looking for a totally new character, but I was wondering if you were interested in modifying already-made character mods, to a slight degree. Thanks!
Send me a PM. I'll see what I can do.

DualX

Smash Apprentice
I've wanted to see if anyone wanted to tackle giving Sheik and Zelda new :GCD::GCB:'s while keeping transform as a :GCD::GCB:+:GCA: function.
That would actually be pretty amazing. So each character would basically get their down special from Smash 4? I know Zero Suit Samus is in dire need of a more original up special, but I'm not sure if it's the safest thing to just simply copy Smash 4 all day.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
That would actually be pretty amazing. So each character would basically get their down special from Smash 4? I know Zero Suit Samus is in dire need of a more original up special, but I'm not sure if it's the safest thing to just simply copy Smash 4 all day.
I've been thinking of what to give them in place of the old down-special (that's been moved), and while Bouncing Fish (Sheik) may be possible to recreate in PM, I don't know about Phantom Slash (Zelda).

So in that regard, I would give Zelda this:
This is what I call a "Magic Counter".
Using Down Special on a projectile/the opponent would function more like Mario's Cape only using Light magic (but hits on both sides of her and does no damage).
But when used on an incoming attack much like a counter, it would use Dark Magic and deal around half the damage back to the opponent.
If used in the air/on an airborne opponent it would spike them (if it hits the sweet spot of the move) using electric magic.

Then Sheik would get this:
This is what I call "Sheikah Sly".
Using the similar situations as above for zelda, the move would do the following:
On projectiles and opponents, you would bounce off of them (and if it's a projectile, destroy it).
If used like a counter on an incoming attack, you would bury your opponent.
If used in the air/on an airborne opponent you will do a command throw that involves a deku nut of sorts.

Last edited:

Yeller1999

Smash Journeyman
I am requesting that maybe you could make this a little better for Project M 3.6 please. Because of PyotrLuzhin's PM+BEX instead of getting Giga Bowser we get Red Alloy which I am happy with so I can use what I just linked. But the problem is it isn't fully compatible with PM and was wondering if you could maybe improve it. Thank you for your time.

bngmn

Smash Cadet
Can i make a psa request for bowser?
Bring back his smash4/brawl flying slam attack. Instead of replacing koopa claw all that would be required would be an extra input of rotating the analog stick when using side b!
Also add a running animation where he runs on all 4 limbs instead of his current regular run where he has sparks flying everywhere. I believe silent doom already made an animation where he runs using all 4 limbs. Ill send a link if you are interested!:D

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
This is rather old Thread i've havent heard from the main guy in a while
OP doesn't seem too active lately, but we can be patient. It's only been a few days since he took the latest request, so I imagine he's a little occupied with all the other requests and stuff he's got going on.

Last edited:

Fedora~

Smash Apprentice
OP doesn't seem too active lately, but we can be patient. It's only been a few days since he took the latest request, so I imagine he's a little occupied with all the other requests and stuff he's got going on.
I've been exploring my other interests, and haven't taken any time to work on anything but polishing my Squirtle PSA. I usually responded to everyone who sent me a PM, and keeping track of all your requests. If you all would still like me to work on something for you, just PM me. When I do start the backlog, it'll be by what I can fulfill the quickest (complex requests may take longer). I apologize for not posting in this thread more often, and I hope I haven't upset anyone

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I've been exploring my other interests, and haven't taken any time to work on anything but polishing my Squirtle PSA. I usually responded to everyone who sent me a PM, and keeping track of all your requests. If you all would still like me to work on something for you, just PM me. When I do start the backlog, it'll be by what I can fulfill the quickest (complex requests may take longer). I apologize for not posting in this thread more often, and I hope I haven't upset anyone
That's completely fine, do whatever you like. :)

Also what do you think of this (ever since you took my request, I tried to imagine suitable/viable new down specials since now transform is Down Spec.+Attack):
I've been thinking of what to give them in place of the old down-special (that's been moved), and while Bouncing Fish (Sheik) may be possible to recreate in PM, I don't know about Phantom Slash (Zelda).

So in that regard, I would give Zelda this:
This is what I call a "Magic Counter".
Using Down Special on a projectile/the opponent would function more like Mario's Cape only using Light magic (but hits on both sides of her and does no damage).
But when used on an incoming attack much like a counter, it would use Dark Magic and deal around half the damage back to the opponent.
If used in the air/on an airborne opponent it would spike them (if it hits the sweet spot of the move) using electric magic.

Then Sheik would get this:
This is what I call "Sheikah Sly".
Using the similar situations as above for zelda, the move would do the following:
On projectiles and opponents, you would bounce off of them (and if it's a projectile, destroy it).
If used like a counter on an incoming attack, you would bury your opponent.
If used in the air/on an airborne opponent you will do a command throw that involves a deku nut of sorts.

Obskore

Smash Ace
ok, since Brawl doesn't originally have it, is it possible to add a sound or visual cue for fastfalling?
64 had a quick sparkle (and removal of the blinking overlay during helpless fall)
Melee had a sound effect (yes it does, it's really subtle)
Brawl had nothing, then Smash 4 adds the sparkle from 64 back

i ask because i'm looking into making the Brawl newcomers have Melee sound effects in the same style like the original Melee had, via Sawndz and PSA modding (aiming for wifi-safe too), as a collaboration with Amazerommu, while he does the Melee vets. all of this for Project M 3.6

if PSA is not the solution for it but it's still possible via coding (and thus out of your field), could you point me out to a starting point or guide? thanks

Top Bottom