• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You guys do realize we don't see the DLC characters till 2016, right?

cybersai

Smash Ace
I just had the realization that we won't get the new DLC characters from the poll until a full year from now. The poll ends in October which implies they won't even START developing a character till they count all the votes. Since characters take at least 4-5 months to develop we won't be seeing the winner(s) till the first half of 2016...probably an exact year from now.

Its actually hard to realize how long it'll be. Hopefully we get Wolf and some more random characters in the meantime regardless of the poll.

I just had the realization that we won't get the new DLC characters from the poll until a full year from now. The poll ends in October which implies they won't even START developing a character till they count all the votes. Since characters take at least 4-5 months to develop we won't be seeing the winner(s) till the first half of 2016...probably an exact year from now.

Its actually hard to realize how long it'll be. Hopefully we get Wolf and some more random characters in the meantime regardless of the poll.
they can read the data before the poll ends. It is very possible that a character released for like, the Holiday season or something, will have been based on the poll results and started based on the visible trend cause by votes.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Besides ther's nothign to say they don't have a bunch of concepts ona whiteboard somewhere with all the characters they think will be popular. Ideas are cheap after all, it's implementation that counts. That's why Communism is both an easy sell and such a failure in practice.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'm wondering if there isn't someone (read: Wolf) in development during the meanwhile. So far, we're getting Mewtwo this month, Lucas in June, then nobody? June is also around E3 time, so a Wolf announcement would fit perfectly with StarFoxU stuff happening then. If he came out in October-November timeframe, we're set up for the first poll character by next March.

With the hype surrounding Wolf in the west, coupled with the StarFox game, I'd be surprised if this wasn't the plan. But I've been surprised more often than not...

And yes, I very much want Wolf in the game. So I'm hoping that I'm predicting them correctly for once.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Lucas launches in June and how perfect would it be if we got Mother 3 at E3 with his release (He'd be the only region specific character in Smash Bros.) and we got an announcement for the next DLC character(s) we don't know how many they are going to end up doing and how many will come from the poll or when the poll will start affecting the DLC.

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
There could've been more that they are making before they announced the ballot.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I wouldn't be surprised if they started work on one of the clear frontrunners of the poll around when they finish up Lucas. So they could have one out by this holiday.

Ofc there is obv the possibility we won't see any of the poll-related characters until 2016 too, but who knows.

Top Bottom