• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get to pick the final 6 unique newcomers to be added. Who do you choose?

Would you try to use the Smash Ballot if you got to decide the last newcomers?

• Total voters

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
If you got to choose the last 6 unique newcomers to add into Ultimate, who would you pick? (and why if you want to go into more detail) You could also pick less than 6.

I'd choose...

1. Geno
2. Isaac
3. Skull Kid
4. Bandana Dee
5. Decidueye or Incineroar
(can't decide between them, but I suppose I'd pick Decidueye)
6. Banjo-Kazooie

These characters seem sort of cliche at this point but Sakurai said he's referring to the Smash Ballot when selecting characters so I think these are all reasonable. Whether or not they'll all be added is a different story, but the list doesn't have to be based on realism.

EDIT: Not that anyone's done it yet, but try not to pick characters that have already been disconfirmed.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Geno
Isaac
Skull Kid
Bandanna Dee
Lip (Shout out to all the Lip Fans! I think you've waited long enough for this <3)
Banjo and Kazooie

Last edited:

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
For me:
Dixie Kong
Banjo
Elma
Chunky Kong
Lanky Kong
Tiny Kong

Amazing that I still instinctively put K Rool on my lists before realizing he’s actually in.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
- Dixie Kong (I think she COULD be unique/semi-clone but have a feeling she will get echo status)
- Bandana Dee
- Paper Mario
- Skull Kid
- Captain Toad
- Issac

honorable mentions go to Chibi-Robo and Geno. Both characters I wouldn't mind seeing in Smash but neither would get me hyped. But then again at this point the only character that would get me hyped is Dixie Kong at this point (maybe Medusa). Everyone else would just be a nice bonus (since I got Rool, Ridley, and Wolf back).

Fane

Smash Journeyman
For me I'd choose...

Skull Kid
Isaac
Bandana Dee
Geno
Sceptile or Poipole
Chorus Kids

zferolie

Smash Hero
1. Shantae
2. Geno
3. Hikari and Donbe
4. Banjo and Kazooie
5. Elma
6. Incineroar or Nihilego fused with Lusamine.

Isaac is just barely not making the list for me, by a sliver.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Heihachi, P5's Joker, Doomguy/Master Chief, Banjo, Leon Kennedy, Crash.

After :ultkrool: there's pretty much no first party characters worth bothering with left, outside of an Arms rep.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Lycanroc
Isaac
Bandana Dee
Skull Kid
Banjo Kazooie
Geno

Just for fun remaining echos
Black Knight
Medusa
Isabelle
Dixie Kong
Ken
Shadow

Use of smash ballot and popular choices. If I could do two more unique newcomers they would be a RH Rep and a Xeno Rep.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
1. Chorus Kids
2. Bandana Waddle Dee
3. Elma
4. Isaac
5. Buzzwole
6. Lloyd Irving

Easy peasy

TheFVguy

Smash Apprentice
Not Including Echo Fighters, they would be:
1. Skull Kid
2. Karate Joe
3. Banjo-Kazooie
4. Issac
5. Chibi-Robo
6. Shantae

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
To make the most amount of fans happy
1.Isaac
2. Geno
3. Skull Kid
3. Banjo
4. Shantae
5. Rhythm Heaven rep
6. Bandana Dee

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
There's really only a few characters I'd really want, so I'd let the ballot decide most of them. Realistically, I'd put in Dovahkiin as unique, and I'd let the ballot choose the other five. One caveat - at least one of those five must be from the Zelda series.

I'd also make sure that Tails gets in as well, but I'd almost prefer him as Sonic's echo, just with Peach's float. Also, I'd want Midna in in some form, and she'd not be bad as a Zelda echo. For the rest of the echoes, again I'd let the ballot decide.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
1. Skull Kid
2. Mage Ganondorf with a few sword attacks
3. Neku Sakuraba
4. Ephraim
5. Masked Link
My sixth pick would be someone with a whip-sword besides Ivy Valentine (and therefore obscure).

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
The extra six.png

Probably this, honestly. Background elements and Pokeball summons be damned.

The best selling franchises get a new character, Chibi-Robo gets in(Sorry Isaac) and Dixie, Impa and Isabelle as echoes in this scenario giving some of the other series some additional love.

Zelda gets two newcomers because it is overdue like crazy. One for the toon style, one for the 'realistic' style.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
1 Vaati
2 Majora's Mask
3 Goku from Yūyūki. Wtf character
4 Ray 01 forgotten character
5 Master chief for the shock value
6 Agumon

honorable mentions
Banjo kazooie
Wart
Marx
Slippy

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Isaac
Geno
Skull Kid
Bandana Dee
Banjo & Kazooie
Lloyd Irving

While I do expect a Gen 7 Pokemon to join, I feel that appealing to another fan request is more important rather than to TPC's wishes, and Lloyd seemed to be up there thanks to the Mii costume.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Isaac
Geno
Bandanna Dee
Chorus Kids
Isabelle
Dixie Kong

(Honorable mention to Skull Kid, he would have gotten in if not for my fear of Isabelle and Dixie being Echoes)

blueneuronDOTnet

Smash Journeyman
Dream Picks:
  1. Skull Kid
  2. Lloyd
  3. Isaac
  4. Geno
  5. Layton
  6. Scienstein
Realistically:
  1. Skull Kid
  2. Geno
  3. BWD
  4. Isabelle
  5. Incineroar
  6. Black Knight
Compromise:
  1. Skull Kid
  2. Lloyd
  3. Isaac
  4. Geno
  5. Incineroar
  6. BWD

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Mario series - Captain Toad

Donkey Kong series - Dixie Kong

Zelda series - Tingle

Zelda series - Ganon (ALTTP version)

Pokémon series - Team Rocket (Meowth, Arbok, Weezing)

Third-party series - Banjo-Kazooie

UserKev

Smash Champion
Skull Kid
Mimikyu
Isabelle
Cranky Kong
Mach Rider
Travis Touchdown or Dovahkiin

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I would use the Smash Ballot for all of my choices if I was responsible for making the game. That said, the following choices are my own if I'm just picking whichever characters I personally want:

- Shantae
- Geno
- Skull Kid
- Elma
- Rex & Pyra
- Dixie Kong (as a semi clone; she deserves it)

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
1. Skull Kid
2. Shantae
3. Isaac
4. Geno
5. Banjo and Kazooie
6. Master Chief

KafkaKomedy

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 8371 3981 5803
If I got to pick myself, I'd probably throw the community a bone and give Geno a spot. I'm keeping the rest of the picks for myself though!
1. Quote - I desperately want him in Smash-- he's been on like 4 nintendo systems and Pixel games deserve more love! Maybe even with a Kero Blaster echo/costume.
2. Geno - for the fans that have been clammering for him since the brawl days.
3. Mach Rider - It's a Smash game, so we gotta have one new retro 'wtf' pick and Mach Rider could be really cool! I totally want a female alt. though.
4. A Mother character - I don't care which one, just make one new unique Mother character. Ninten and Masked Man if they ever got in would surely be relegated to Echo but man do I want them to be at least semi-clones like Pichu.
5. Elma - I'm a decent Xenoblade fan but more importantly I feel she'd be immensely fun to play as and against.
And 6. Travis Touchdown - Suda51 said he'd be down and I love NMH so I would be too! Just not sure what his specials would be.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
  1. Geno - really popular, plus I want him a lot
  2. Isaac - really popular as well
  3. Isabelle - relevant, popular, and yes she could be unique!
  4. Skull Kid - popular and I want him a lot
  5. Elma - I want her a lot and I think Xenoblade could get more characters
  6. Phoenix Wright - the only third party I actively want at this point
edit: added reasons

Last edited:

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505
1. Isaac - He's been my most requested since after Melee. No one else has come close.
2. Banjo-Kazooie - I kind of see him as the last "major icon" that hasn't been shown some love in Smash form. If there is a "mic drop" character left for Sakurai to include before this game launches, this would be the one.
3. Shantae - This spot could have been shared by Shovel Knight, but, since he went the way of the AT, Shantae carries this mantle. I haven't played her games, but she seems like she'd be a really neat character with an interesting, unique moveset. Also, having some more female characters would be cool.
4. Captain Toad
5. Tails
6. Lloyd Irving

For extra credit: Felix, Dixie Kong, and Ken are my most wanted echoes.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
ANYONE I want?

Blastoise - My favorite Pokemon and probably my favorite Nintendo character. I just like Blastoise.
Geno - From one of my favorite games of all time, Super Mario RPG. Been pulling for him for 12 years+
Skull Kid - From my favorite Zelda game, Majora's Mask. Zelda needs a unique character other than the triforce trio, and Skull Kid would be the best choice. He'd be fun and unique as well
Dixie - The last member needed for the DK Crew. I love the DKC series and Dixie was my favorite Kong
Dillon - I love the western theme and of all the recent, new IP's I think Dillon has the most potential. Even if that potential is never reached. Smash would increase the amount of people that know about the character though and that'd go a long way into helping his series succeed.
Banjo Kazooie - Love the series and if I could get any third party character, not counting Geno, it'd be him. He was supposed to be in Smash once and maybe it can actually happen.

Edit:

Other options

Tom Nook - I would absolutely LOVE Tom Nook in Smash as a representative for Animal Crossing. I just like the character. I don't know if I'd put him over one of the above or not, so I'll have him here.
Porky - If I could get another Mother rep, it would be him. With his spider mech, he could be a fun and unique villain. Imagine turning off the Devil's Machine as a final Smash!
Medusa - The best choice for a Kid Icarus addition. The traditional villain of the series from the first game.

Last edited:

TheJutin

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2432-2756-8217
1. Bandana Dee- We need more Kirby reps.
2. Skull Kid- A Zelda character that isn’t link, Zelda or Ganon? Yes please!
3. Isaac- Ultimate has has put in a lot of highly requested characters and Isaac is highly requested
4. Geno- Basically the same thing I said with Isaac
5. Heihachi- Namco is a very important company and since Sega, Capcom, and Konami have more than 1 character so should Namco.
6. A new Pokémon- I really want Decidueye, but inceroar is looking more likely.

Echoes:
Shadow (Sonic’s Echo)
Isabelle (Villager’s Echo)
Dixie Kong (Diddy’s Echo)
Galacta Knight (MK’s Echo)
Ken (Ryu’s Echo)

I would also love a retro character like R.O.B., Game & Watch and duck Hunt to join the game

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Geno
Skull kid
Isaak
Banjo-kazooie
Rayman
Scorpion

If shovel knight wasn't an assist trophy I'd replace rayman with him, and if ganondorf could get an alt moveset, I'd replace skull kid with him.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Isaac
Bandana Dee
Geno
Banjo & Kazooie
Shantae
Elma

Everyone is here and everyone is happy. Not necessarily my personal list of characters, but it's the list of still feasible characters that would satisfy the most amount of people. Add Dixie to the list as an Echo and we'd have a Smashboards top-7, what more could we want?

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Dixie Kong (To cement the DK series)
Bandana Dee (To cement the Kirby series)
Paper Mario (To support a new Paper Mario RPG)
Isaac (To revive interest in the Golden Sun franchise)
Sora (Kingdom Hearts III will be huge next year)
Phoenix Wright (Personal pick)

B00M

Smash Rookie
3 realistic picks:
Isaac - Love Golden Sun and have been wanting this character since Melee. Tremendous potential for a unique and visually impressive moveset.
Banjo-Kazooie - Charismatic duo whose games are some of the best 3D platformers ever. Would be fun to see them battle other iconic mascots of the genre.
Skull Kid - My personal favorite Zelda character, pretty much on design alone. Majora's Mask just has a cool look.

And 3 that I'd personally love to see but have almost no chance:
Jenna - Even if Isaac makes the cut, I feel like Golden Sun would be underrepresented with just one character, especially considering how much the cast is capable of.
Tails - Sonic's Luigi...
Blaze - My favorite new Sonic character since the Genesis days. Cool flame magic to go with her speed, and she even made her debut on a Nintendo system.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
  • Skull Kid, because Zelda deserves a proper Majora's Mask character (since :ultyounglink: betrayed us and is the third OoT character).
  • Banjo and Kazooie, do I even have to say it?
  • Paper Mario, and...
  • Geno, both because they're too popular not to include, and represent some of the Mario spinoffs.
  • Arle Nadja, bias, puzzle representation, and a counterpart to :ultsimon: [a series that's popular pick for one country, not as popular in another one] (comes with Amitie echo).
  • Bandana Waddle Dee, since his exclusion from last time is a real ??? deal.

Honorable Mentions:
    Lip (Furil alt), Isaac (Felix), the token Pokémon, Gooey, Goemon, Xenoblade's second character, Pokey/Porky Minch.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
If we're talking personal preference....

1. Isaac
2. Banjo & Kazooie
3. Phoenix Wright
4. Chibi Robo
5. Elma
6. Rex & Pyra

but if I'm basing it off ballot popularity

1. Isaac
2. Banjo & Kazooie
3. Bandana Dee
4. Geno
5. Shantae
6. Elma (because I think Xenoblade ought to get another rep, plus people do support her)

Dr.Turtle

Smash Cadet
If I had full control and wanted to be selfish I'd do
1. Bandana Dee
2. Meowth (Or since he's disconfirmed, Tapu Koko)
3. Captain Toad
4. Skull Kid
5. Ganon
6. Marx

But being a little more realistic I'd probably go for
1. Bandana Dee
2. Geno
3. Isaac
4. Banjo Kazooie
5. Skull Kid
6. Decidueye

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh dang, I forgot Marx

Marx - From one of the best Kirby games. Magolor is just a discount Marx. We need the true Crazy sob

Top Bottom