• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You get no Sympathy in a "Fire Emblem Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Chrom lacking style is why I believe he'll be paired with Lucina. This duo is both iconic and would offer something unique to Smash (well, if they're implemented the way I mentioned before.) I'm honestly surprised this idea doesn't seem to have many supporters... :c

As for Sylveon, I would not consider it the "face" of gen VI by any means. Sure, it was a thing during the early hype days up until the reveal of the fairy type, but that's about it. It isn't an important pokémon in the games (its most noteworthy appearance is a gym leader having one in her team.) And that's not even considering how hard it would be to implement a character like Sylveon in a game like Super Smash.
I'm pretty sure that the reason the idea lacks supporters is because people would much rather have them as their own individual characters rather than forcing them together to make one unique, and the fact that such an idea would be a technical hassle that would probably be harder to implement than the Ice Climbers and Rosalina. It's a rather unlikely scenario.

And in that sort of situation, why not just go with the character who is just as important as Chrom in his/her game and has much more to offer as a unique character? Because said character isn't the "face" of their game, and wouldn't be known to people who didn't play the game? Again, people who didn't play X and Y would have no idea who Greninja is. Heck, most of Japan has no idea who Little Mac is. I don't think that argument holds up.

Tackman91

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tackman91
3DS FC
0259-0399-7980
I'm pretty sure that the reason the idea lacks supporters is because people would much rather have them as their own individual characters rather than forcing them together to make one unique, and the fact that such an idea would be a technical hassle that would probably be harder to implement than the Ice Climbers and Rosalina. It's a rather unlikely scenario.

And in that sort of situation, why not just go with the character who is just as important as Chrom in his/her game and has much more to offer as a unique character? Because said character isn't the "face" of their game, and wouldn't be known to people who didn't play the game? Again, people who didn't play X and Y would have no idea who Greninja is. Heck, most of Japan has no idea who Little Mac is. I don't think that argument holds up.
I suppose I'm just one of the few people who cares more about gameplay potential than about getting a favourite character in the game... Well, I'll be the lone stalwart supporter of a Chrom and Lucina duo if needs must, because I strongly believe it to be the better option for both Smash and Fire Emblem.

I would be pleasantly surprised if Robin makes it in, and I would be actually disappointed if it's just Chrom who turns out to be a simple cross between Marth and Ike...

And also, I don't buy this "technical hassle" theory. It would only be a few modifications from the Ice Climbers' coding... It's really similar, except that Lucina would execute every other attack instead of doing the same ones but with a slight delay like Nana.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Haven't been here since pre-direct.
Choices:
Marth
Ike

Chrom or Chrom&Lucina
Anna or Robin

I would prefer the team and Anna, but I think solo and Robin are more likely.
I hate the fact that getting only 3 FE characters is very possible... I'm just going to repress that.

On my current roster I chose a pick from chance and a pick from want: Chrom and Anna
After that list, I'd say Roy and Micaiah would be next in likelihood. But until characters on my list get deconfirmed, I'm not putting them on my roster/considering list.

That's where I stand right now with Fire Emblem.

I suppose I'm just one of the few people who cares more about gameplay potential than about getting a favourite character in the game... Well, I'll be the lone stalwart supporter of a Chrom and Lucina duo if needs must, because I strongly believe it to be the better option for both Smash and Fire Emblem.

I would be pleasantly surprised if Robin makes it in, and I would be actually disappointed if it's just Chrom who turns out to be a simple cross between Marth and Ike...

And also, I don't buy this "technical hassle" theory. It would only be a few modifications from the Ice Climbers' coding... It's really similar, except that Lucina would execute every other attack instead of doing the same ones but with a slight delay like Nana.
You are not alone. :)

I've advocated and argued for the team in the past... but I kind of gave up on it.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Haven't been here since pre-direct.
Choices:
Marth
Ike

Chrom or Chrom&Lucina
Anna or Robin

I would prefer the team and Anna, but I think solo and Robin are more likely.
I hate the fact that getting only 3 FE characters is very possible... I'm just going to repress that.

On my current roster I chose a pick from chance and a pick from want: Chrom and Anna
After that list, I'd say Roy and Micaiah would be next in likelihood. But until characters on my list get deconfirmed, I'm not putting them on my roster/considering list.

That's where I stand right now with Fire Emblem.

You are not alone. :)

I've advocated and argued for the team in the past... but I kind of gave up on it.
Don't you mean
Anna or Robin or Micaiah?

Hahaha. But if those were the options, I'd think I'd go with team and Anna.

andimidna

Smash Master
Don't you mean
Anna or Robin or Micaiah?

Hahaha. But if those were the options, I'd think I'd go with team and Anna.
Radiant Dawn Ike is a nice boost, but I feel like I should wait until some other sign for Micaiah until predicting her...
But going by what I want- that's what it would be :p

I'm also reluctant to put the team back on my roster... I'm starting to think Chrom will be overall basic, but have one special factor making him somewhat unique... but I can't think of what that could be other than the team...
At the very least, I hope one of his specials is based off an item.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Tharja'll probably get an assist too.
What is everyone's obsession with Tharja I don't understand... she's a minor character and everyone thinks she will be playable or assist trophy or something. If anyone would be a FE assist, it would have to be a main character. Micaiah might have a chance at being an Assist, or Lucina.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
What is everyone's obsession with Tharja I don't understand... she's a minor character and everyone thinks she will be playable or assist trophy or something. If anyone would be a FE assist, it would have to be a main character. Micaiah might have a chance at being an Assist, or Lucina.
I'd only be fine with Micaiah AT if Chrom isn't playable either. It's only fair to fans of FE females.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Everyone is obsessed with Tharja because people have abysmal taste in women.
Dark and scary is a fine type to me, but thinking she would ever be playable in Smash is insane. She is liked primarily because of her body, and secondarily her personality.Her personality is probably one of the best in Awakening (though that isn't saying much).

Seeing her as an AT may be possible, simply because of how stupidly popular she is. But I'm not sure how ATs are picked.

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
Dark and scary is a fine type to me, but thinking she would ever be playable in Smash is insane. She is liked primarily because of her body, and secondarily her personality.Her personality is probably one of the best in Awakening (though that isn't saying much).

Seeing her as an AT may be possible, simply because of how stupidly popular she is. But I'm not sure how ATs are picked.
I think they might just be picked at Random Chrom Trophy or AT Wednesday please.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yep.

To pick the ATs, they get one of those big ass, floppy wizard hats as seen in Awakening, put in the names of every FE character in, and pull out names randomly. So, we could get anyone, if we're getting another FE AT.

Oh, and don't get me started on how Sakurai chooses newcomers...

In all seriousness, we do know that some ATs must have been picked due to the characters being highly requested (on Saki's Dojo page, it's mentioned that he was requested a lot, so I'm only assuming the same thing happened to some other ATs). If Roy's not getting in, and there's no DLC plans for him, I will be very disappointed if he's not considered for an AT (which I feel is probably not gonna happen anyway... oh well). That being said, I already have my tissue box ready for E3.

Hong

The Strongest
I could see Tharja being an AT largely because unfortunately even the head development staff likes her, and married her. Wouldn't surprise me if they asked.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
My problem with him is not that he is somehow "disqualified" from being in Smash 4, but that there are better choices. I do not think there was an obvious gen VI Pokémon representative, so it was perfectly logical to pick one of the most popular ones and whose design can give a good moveset for smash.

But the Villager is the main character of every single Animal Crossing games, that's pretty huge. Unlike Robin, the villager is extensively featured on the boxarts and promotional arts for Animal Crossing.

Well, at this point you could also say that without Validar, Robin wouldn't exist, therefor Validar is more important than Robin. :p

But trust me, I don't hate Robin at all, I'm just saying that if they want someone to represent the latest Fire Emblem game, he just isn't the one to go to. If that can make you feel better, I do think solo Robin is more likely than solo Lucina, but I don't think either those options will make it in.
What is your probelem! It's not about representing franchises it is about choosing well known, unique characters. Characters from FE can fight alone, why do your people think Sakurai is going to make a sworded Ice Climbers duo. FE CHARACTERS CAN FIGHT BY THEMSELVES! I understand that my argument about Lucina not existing was wrong, I just like adding irrelevant arguments to have people disprove me. Either way Robin would be a better way to represent awakening and all other FE characters because of his magic and strategic abilities. We should get an FE character with a different kind of weapon, three sword only characters from the same series would be bad representation.

Your argument about not being promoted on boxart is as irrelevant as half my arguments and that does not give the character any less of a chance in smash or make him any less important. Especially compared to Lucina, Robin was more important to the story. As I said before he is both the villian and hero.

Should we not have added Rosalina, Greninja, or Lucas because they aren't promoted as much on boxart? Robin would be a better choice than Chrom and Lucina because he isn't a generic FE character and could add more to the game. I'm not saying his chances are the best, Chrom is still more likely and Lucina is still has less of a chance than both. Ice Climbers should be the only duo character because...

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
There is literally no way anyone should allow Tharja within 10 feet of anything resembling a story or a game after she literally ***** the avatar character in her A or S support.

Like christ talk about mishandling a sensitive issue.

Hong

The Strongest
For all the flack Awakening gets, I actually like the new take on the Dark Mage. It is a very fresh and interesting design on the otherwise boring dark mage they have had before.

That said, I absolutely despise Tharja. Everything about her personality feels like it was ripped out of self-insert fan fic written by a teenager who is trying to force out a personality that is unique or special that she doesn't actually have. Awakening has a lot of horribly written characters and that's fine, but thanks to the Internet I keep having Tharja rubbed into my face.

To be fair, Lucina ecchi is a lot worse. At least Tharja smut respects the character as written by what is probably Narihiro's closeted daughter, where as what people make of Lucina absolutely betrays what I like about her.

Last edited:

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Watch as all these almost over 9000 posts are for naught and we get another Roy IS hasn't even revealed yet. Just realized that two out three times Sakurai wanted an FE newcomer, he went to IS. So, maybe it happens again?

Hong

The Strongest
Watch as all these almost over 9000 posts are for naught and we get another Roy IS hasn't even revealed yet. Just realized that two out three times Sakurai wanted an FE newcomer, he went to IS. So, maybe it happens again?
Honestly?

Truly?

If they are not the Marth archetype or the Ike archetype, and something completely different, I am 100% okay with this.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm saying Tharja could be an AT because she's really popular.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
I'm saying Tharja could be an AT because she's really popular.
I don't think it works that way. The only reason Tharja is so popular is because of neckbeards who are obsessed with Overly Attached Girfriend. And just because a character is popular doesn't mean Sakurai will put in a seemingly random minor character. Instead of putting in a minor character who has only been in one game, why not a main character who has only been in one game?

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
How about someone like Anna or Caeda as AT choices? Heck, how about one of the characters that helped define particular FE character archetypes like Jagen?

sunshinesan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sunshinesan
3DS FC
2836-1118-8472
How about someone like Anna or Caeda as AT choices? Heck, how about one of the characters that helped define particular FE character archetypes like Jagen?
You're a genius. #Jagan4Smash4
He'll be a reverse Lucario, start out strong, but once the percentages rack up, he would randomly trip and just be terrible.

Hong

The Strongest
I don't think it works that way. The only reason Tharja is so popular is because of neckbeards who are obsessed with Overly Attached Girfriend. And just because a character is popular doesn't mean Sakurai will put in a seemingly random minor character. Instead of putting in a minor character who has only been in one game, why not a main character who has only been in one game?
I don't think it's really like that.

A lot of the lords won't really do anything interesting as an Assist Trophy. We already got guys like Samurai Goroh and Waluigi who just run around and take brazen swings at players. They should aim to have ATs who are not only within the creative reach do something different, but represent an aspect of the series they are from that is different from playable character we may already have.

A Dark Mage would be an excellent candidate. They could create pools of dark miasma that slowly rise like bubbles to harm enemy players. They don't need to program a complicated AI or anything, so it's a much more attractive option than, say, any of the melee-combat oriented lords.

Of course, Tharja isn't the only character who could do that. Gharnef, and any of the other generic evil wizard villains could pull it off. That said, given that the head development staff have confessed to unanimously liking Tharja a lot. It doesn't matter why they liked her, so much as they do, and since she is so fresh on their memory, it would not surprise me that they would mention this rather edgy character to Sakurai.

She is, for one reason or another, certainly a character who stands out well.

Hong

The Strongest
Henry could take Manaphy's spot as the body swapper.
Some other ideas:

Xane could serve as the theoretical ditto of old, and give you an ice climber-esque clone of yourself.
Jake could fire upon the battlefield.
Any of the manakete or Goldoans could have any number of devastating attacks.
3-13 archer could ledge hog an enemy player.
There are also the Herons who could have some kind of status altering galdr.
A General could be fun if they are an actual physical barrier that only the summoning player could pass through.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I just hope FE14 doesn't make all the characters anime cliches. It's fine for a few characters, but when the entire cast is like that, it's not that great.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
A Dark Mage would be an excellent candidate. They could create pools of dark miasma that slowly rise like bubbles to harm enemy players. They don't need to program a complicated AI or anything, so it's a much more attractive option than, say, any of the melee-combat oriented lords.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Certainly not a character I had not considered.

Maybe Micaiah could blind nearby players, and Sothe could cut them down. :b

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Because we still consider her a viable newcomer. Right? I think if Sothe is an AT... oh I would be excited.

The 3-13 Archer is absolutely hysterical though.
I think if there's a FE newcomer it's either going to be Chrom or no one. Micaiah doesn't really make sense as a playable character in comparison to Chrom, we already have a Tellius series representative, and Awakening was very successful. This is why I see Micaiah would be more likely as an Assist rather than a fighter.

Hong

The Strongest
Vaguely related to FE, but Intelligent Systems, if you are like me and like to know what they are up to.

Of course I wouldn't say this took up too much of their development time, since it looks to be a nigh direct port from the 3DS title.

Since they make three series that I like; Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, and Panel de Pon, in addition to the above, I am always kind of sticking my nose into their work. Kind of want SMT x FE to be over with so they can focus on the main series since I can't say I am a big fan of SMT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom