• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You can't hate Sakurai

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
I don't get why people hate Sakurai...
You can't blame him for doing his best to make a great game. You have to understand how difficult it is to try and appeal to all players, both casual and competitive. He put too much effort and creativity in all aspects of the game (characters, stages, 1-player modes, items etc.) for ppl to just proclaim how awful he is. Thats just an immature personal attack if u ask me...

Heck if it weren't for him this board wouldn't exist and u wouldn't have any Smash bros.
Is that what u want?

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
You can't blame him for doing his best to make a great game. You have to understand how difficult it is to try and appeal to all players, both casual and competitive. He put too much effort and creativity in all aspects of the game (characters, stages, 1-player modes, items etc.) for ppl to just proclaim how awful he is. Thats just an immature personal attack if u ask me...

Heck if it weren't for him this board wouldn't exist and u wouldn't have any Smash bros.
Is that what u want?
This discussion ended about 3 months ago. Get with the times. Sakurai tried too hard to ruin competitive play and made a mediocre game. It's the truth, get over it.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
EDIT: Graah. Where is the "Delete post" option when you need it? I kind of regrets making this post.

iMichael

Smash Lord
lol Sakurai didn't "fail" with Brawl....he's kicking back in his house right now...while the money is stacking.

Dav657

Smash Apprentice
Please stop beating a dead horse. Its annoying. Sakurai intentionally made this game non-competitive. He even states it himself.
He took out l-canceling for some weird reason. It wasn't a glitch it was in the game. And you can appeal to both party's its really not that hard.
But when someone goes out of his/her way to make a game so water downed that both pros and noobs are good at the game(am looking mainly at you Halo 2) its makes it unfun. Theres no reward factor for playing it for extend periods of time.

orochijes

Smash Journeyman
People that hate him don't deserve the nintendo fanservice that is smash.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
Please stop beating a dead horse.
Off topic, but I find that phrase funny.:laugh:

Anyway, people can hate him and you can't stop them. You can try to convince them to change their minds but they have their opinions. ( believe it or not)

As for me, I really couldn't care any less.;)

PCHU

Smash Lord
It's really easy to hate Sakurai, but I don't.
I dislike him horribly.

He made the game to where it wasn't competitive.
But he went a little too far with it.
He took out l-canceling.
Well, we don't really NEED that to win, since most of the characters don't have much lag when they hit the ground, unless you're trying to meteor them, which you should have HIT them by then, so why complain?
I understand where he was going with this.
But adding tripping was too much.

hahk

Smash Rookie
Sakurai fails, Brawls' wifi failed (not all brawl its still fun.), and I want DLC now.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Sakurai is probably laughing at all of you guys back in Japan on a mountain of money.

HiIH

Smash Lord
pchu said:
He made the game to where it wasn't competitive.
But he went a little too far with it.
He took out l-canceling.
Well, we don't really NEED that to win, since most of the characters don't have much lag when they hit the ground, unless you're trying to meteor them, which you should have HIT them by then, so why complain?
I understand where he was going with this.
But adding tripping was too much.
Start playing Link.

The end = (

iwontgetoverthedam said:
If you hate Sakurai but still play his games, you're a hypocrite. That includes Melee.
False. I hate apple, but I own an Ipod. I'm just not foolish enough to proclaim that everything made by apple is complete ****, even if their marketing department is full of douchebags (and john hodgeman apparently)

PCHU

Smash Lord
OH NO!
You can't SPAM Link's dair anymore!
WHAT WILL YOU DO?!
Seriously, it isn't THAT crucial to his game.
It's powerful, but there are plenty of other great moves at his disposal.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
I "hate" him because he got out of his way to remove things from the game that would've made the game better for serious competition, things casuals don't care about and wouldn't have found anyway. He tried to please the casuals and casuals ONLY, and that would be an immature personal attack against the competitive community.

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
I "hate" him because he got out of his way to remove things from the game that would've made the game better for serious competition, things casuals don't care about and wouldn't have found anyway. He tried to please the casuals and casuals ONLY, and that would be an immature personal attack against the competitive community.
Yes, the truth comes out, thank you for that

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
You have to understand how difficult it is to try and appeal to all players, both casual and competitive. Thats just an immature personal attack if u ask me...

Is that what u want?
Sakurai could just make another version of melee, then all would be solved. Melee= great casual game and it = great competitive game

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
I smell Melee vs. Brawl brewing.
I think thats the overall sentiment of most...

There is no reason we should be having such debates.... all melee players wanted was something to look forward to.

sakurai could have pleased both crowds... but he didnt.... and thats why we are like wtf... we buillt this competitive scene up form the bottom up... got it recognized by mlg, evo... other big franchises... and then you give us this...

no thought what so ever when towards pleasing the competitive melee scene... thats why we were like wtF? any new brawl player should understand this point.... its like Wtf ..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom