• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS You can replace any demo character with another character

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
To make it realistic, it has to be one of the starting characters. What character do you replace, and with whom?

I'd replace Pikachu with Wii Fit Trainer. He's popular but I don't really like Pikachu at all, and I'd like to try Wii Fit Trainer.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Nobody. The Big 3 plus the first two newcomers revealed seems like a good demo to me.

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
The Big 3 makes the most sense but I'm asking you to put aside what makes sense and go with, what you'd really want to play as in a demo. I like the demo, it's just, I wish I could try Wii Fit Trainer.

Trickerhere

Smash Ace
Well the demo characters make sense because they represent nintendo's biggest franchies which are Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon. The two newcomers because they were revealed first in E3 2013/Official reveal. But if I had to replace some I would pick :4charizard:over :4pikachu:and :4samus:over :4megaman:

Last edited:

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I would keep Link, Mega Man, and Villager for sure. For the other two, while I'd rather swap out Mario than Pikachu, there's no way Mario would be dropped, so I'd replace Pikachu with Samus. Assuming they were willing to put in more newcomers than veterans, though, I would choose Robin instead. Link, Samus, Villager, Robin, and Mega Man would be pretty close to perfect for me for a demo roster though!

BlitzBlazer

Smash Rookie
While I think the 5 in the demo are good enough as it is, I'd replace :4villager: with :4sonic: and :4pikachu: with :4pacman:.

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
In all honesty though, rather than replace a character, I think it needs a 6th.
a Mario rep
A Zelda rep
A Pokemon rep
A Fire Emblem rep
Villager, and Megaman

People know Mario, Link, Pikachu, Mega Man, Villager, and Robin(because Awakening is popular). That should have been the demo lineup. or heck, even marth instead of Robin.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
replace Mario with Doctor Mario. I like Mario, but not his F.L.U.D.D. or dair.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
As much as I want to be able to play as my characters ASAP, I probably would keep the demo roster as it is, just so it will "feel better" for when I get the actual game.

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
It is a good balance. You got the icons (Mario and Pikachu) and then Link (disjointed and iconic) and then the third party, and an interesting new character. It's a good balance. But if I had a choice, I would have selected different ones here and there.

Top Bottom