• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You can cancel landing lag on header (side-b)!

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
I was playing around in training mode with WFT today and I found a way to cancel the landing lag on her side special. After looking around Smashboards I was surprised that no one else has documented this, so I apologize if I missed something and this is known information.

Steps:
  1. Short hop
  2. Immediately Side-B
  3. Immediately shorten Side-B
So basically the inputs should be Jump --> Side-B --> Side-B in rapid succession. After you land you should be able to immediately act out of landing as if you landed normally. If anyone is having trouble doing this, let me know and I can make a video or something.

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
Wow, yeah I'm going to need to see video evidence of this. Though I am hyped. Great find!

Edit: CONFIRMED. Just tried it, and yes the timing really is short.

Last edited:

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
Are you using the Weighted Header? If so, this still works on the default Header right?
It works with all headers.
And yes, I was using weighted in the video.

Last edited:

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
Glad I could contribute to the Wii Fit Trainer community! I really like this character regardless of how bad she seems to be and I feel that a lot of her strengths are just somewhere inside the game engine waiting to be discovered.

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
I agree, though It's too early in the meta to categorize characters as good or bad yet. Just easier/harder to figure out, lol

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
@DRU192 actually found this before, and made a video of it, although it wasn't well-known.
Ahh, I knew there HAD to be someone else that knew about this, haha! However, I'm still glad I made a separate thread, since this is a pretty powerful technique and should be highlighted more than just a simple post reply.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
"Hey guys, this was found out a while back. You can check this technique and others out at the WFT guide right here. *link*"

Was that what you were going for?
It's a bit more complicated than that. You can treat it as a literal expression of my thoughts at the time when confronted with the idea that information is probably better received in small chunks and despite my interest in keeping things clean and precise, I might be doing more harm than good with large threads/posts like I've been making.

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
Unfortunately, the click-bait generation is upon us. People don't want to search for information anymore, they want all the information front and center.

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
Please, let's not split our Wii Fit Trainer-dom by labeling. We're all just trying to improve the meta here. Sometimes people overlook parts of posts.

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
I didn't mean to insult or label anyone in particular, it's just a general social trend I've been noticing. I too like organized information, but I am still a bit surprised that everyone here including me didn't know this was documented information.

Last edited:

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Please, let's not split our Wii Fit Trainer-dom by labeling. We're all just trying to improve the meta here. Sometimes people overlook parts of posts.
That's really the point of my original post. I want us all to be able to share information with the community. However, if the method of sharing isn't effective, then it's just as good as not saying anything.

I like the idea of having information easily located so that we can get caught up on anything new, as well as direct unaware players to the same resource so we can have everyone reach the same level at their own speed without the need for a new thread everytime someone wants to know how to charge cancel or learns that WFT can crouch a certain move.

That said, if people are overlooking parts of posts because they are too large or imposing, I have to wonder if threads like this might be better, and repetition clutter might just have to be accepted for the sake of unity in communication.

Plus, I recently got a moderator invitation so it's kind of important that I know what's the best way to help players or if I'm even fit for the position given my style.

tofumon

Smash Rookie
I didn't mean to insult or label anyone in particular, it's just a general social trend I've been noticing. I too like organized information, but I am still a bit surprised that everyone here including me didn't know this was documented information.
Where is this documented? I don't see this listed under the WFT Techs in the pinned "Nutrition and Supplement Guide."

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Where is this documented? I don't see this listed under the WFT Techs in the pinned "Nutrition and Supplement Guide."
It's actually in the header tutorial which is linked there along with a few other techs for header.

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
I appreciate you putting this out, i just picked up the game and started playing around trying to find a main. Turns out I cant play lucario anymore like i used to in brawl so i took up WFT and Ness.
No prob, remember to check out the Nutrition and Supplement Guide in the pinned posts too.

Top Bottom